• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oklahoma Practical Precision Shooters (OPPS)

bailey1474

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
Oklahoma
www.3rdgss.com
Just wanted to let everyone that doesn't already know that there is a new club in Oklahoma. We started the club back in April/May of this year and as of last nights meeting we are 46 members strong!

We have had monthly member matches over the summer and plan to do a "Series" type deal for the matches this coming year. Couple of other cool things are the youth program, targets and target trailer for member use and we are looking into leasing some land so members will have a place to shoot.

We are just getting things off the ground but I can tell you that we some ambitious members and the sky is the limit for OPPS!!

Here are some pics from our monthly matches:

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Re: Oklahoma Practical Precision Shooters (OPPS)

All new members must be "sponsored" by existing members. I have some apps here at work if you want to come fill one out. We will be meeting again on Dec. 14th. Haven't set a location yet. Any one interested pm me or send me an email.

I'm in! I've been meaning to get more info about this since I talked to Matt at your shoot.

Nice pic of Thompson running the old wedding tackle by hand until times get better. We need to get him a sling for that thing so he can free up his right hand for pickin' his nose.

I was at the meeting this week and I was able to get signed up with a sponsor. I have to say that this is a great group of guys and made a new guy feel welcomed. Im pretty excited to be a part of the club and look forward to the shoots.

where are the monthly matches held? i am in the texas panhandle and have at least one other member here who would be very interested if your matches will be in the western part of Oklahoma.

chuck

They are at undetermined locations but allot of them are in the western part of the state Woodward, Vici, Hammon and Binger to name a few. Basically any member who can secure a location and get the legal description to the insurance people are welcome to host a members only match. In fact some of us will provide them with targets, stands and help with set up or R.O.ing if they need it. And we usually have a side bet for a little cash that is optional.

who do we contact to see about sponsorship?

chuck

You can get in touch with B.J Bailey at Gene Sears Supply/ 3rd Generation Shooters Supply 405-262-2647 or me at Parry Custom Gun 580-995-4867 and one of us will be able to get you headed in the right direction. Do you know anyone who is currently in the club?

how far are you from the state line selfbowhunter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpha 01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mat Parry is gay </div></div>

Its true.... I also hear he likes men.

Hey now, Mat puts on a great match.
No need to bring his skeletons out of the closet for out of state people to jump on.

Sounds like a great idea to have regular matches.
The three day match last year was a lot of fun even if the wind did kick my butt.

Although I am happy I have never been called gay. And to clarify so none of you "out of staters" get the wrong idea and think you are stayin' at my house. I like the ladies. And on occasion pleasingly plump, thick, or chunky. But nooooo fat chicks that's taking it too far and I cannot do that.

jthompson,

i live NE of amarillo and i am about 100 miles from the state line headed east. of course it would be closer headed north but thats a moot point i guess. is there a match schedule out?

chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selfbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jthompson,

i live NE of amarillo and i am about 100 miles from the state line headed east. of course it would be closer headed north but thats a moot point i guess. is there a match schedule out?

chuck </div></div>

We do not have a schedule out, to this point we have just planned our matches on a month to month basis. Our next match will most likely not be until February though. I live in Hammon, which is about 50 miles from the state line and there are several of us that live here close that get together and go shoot quite a bit if you would like to come out and shoot with us some time. It would be a great chance for several of us to get to know you and get you sponsored to join the club. If your interested in coming out just send me a pm and we will try and set something up.

Nice pic of Thompson running the old wedding tackle by hand until times get better. We need to get him a sling for that thing so he can free up his right hand for pickin' his nose.

This made me cry! I saw the pic and was piecing together a post in my head... then I see Parry's response and it cant be topped.

Are these matches still going on? I am in Tulsa and have been looking for something like this
Sorry I just saw your post on here Neil Bailey brought it to my attention a few minutes ago. Yes we are still having these matches. In fact our final match is tomorrow Saturday the 9th of November. Starts at 7 am out in Northwest Oklahoma east of Camargo. We will be shooting for our share of the series money which is $4280.00 The meetings in November and December will be what we call steakhouse meetings and strictly business in Oklahoma City because of it's central location for all our members (We used to have em in a conference room in a steakhouse somewhere). We will be setting our agenda for next year, electing new officers and this would be a great time to get familiar with some of the guys. If you want email me and I will try to keep you up to speed on all the meetings although I am not the best at it.

[email protected]

Do you have to live in Oklahoma to be a member? I'm in Kansas and have met some of you at heatstroke and Woodward.

Sorry I just saw your post on here Neil Bailey brought it to my attention a few minutes ago. Yes we are still having these matches. In fact our final match is tomorrow Saturday the 9th of November. Starts at 7 am out in Northwest Oklahoma east of Camargo. We will be shooting for our share of the series money which is $4280.00 The meetings in November and December will be what we call steakhouse meetings and strictly business in Oklahoma City because of it's central location for all our members (We used to have em in a conference room in a steakhouse somewhere). We will be setting our agenda for next year, electing new officers and this would be a great time to get familiar with some of the guys. If you want email me and I will try to keep you up to speed on all the meetings although I am not the best at it.

[email protected]

Mr. Parry, I just shoot you an email. hope to hear back from ya soon.