• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Old Lodge Armory M40-A5 Project

Re: Old Lodge Armory M40-A5 Project

Hogstooth that is a great looking rifle.

Yes I did but I had to sell it to pay for my 10yr wedding anniv cruise, so I just rebuilt it on a Remington. I just sold the barreled action and kept the stock and mag sys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I did but I had to sell it to pay for my 10yr wedding anniv cruise, so I just rebuilt it on a Remington. I just sold the barreled action and kept the stock and mag sys. </div></div>

Gotcha. How close was that surgeon to 700 fit in the stock?

Here are some more pics from today out at (R4) (Lawyer Edited, 1st Amendment stomping base) getting to shoot her to 1000yds on steel. Equipment used, PRS tripod/ cradle, Adaptive FDAC card, big dog steel, and my own reloads.
Zeroing at 100yds
2tbft.jpg

Left side of the gun
o5qrs0.jpg

800yd line, FDAC card was right on at 6-700yds, within .1mil at 800, and .2mils at 1000yds I used the 2650fps card and my muzzle velocity is at 2625fps.
dlhyrb.jpg

My last shot after hitting the big steel a few times on my little guy 8x 13.5 big dog steel at 800yds
2cp3x1g.jpg

The big steel 12x20 at the end of the day with the 700-1000yd hits on it
6s4zyc.jpg

USMC spec from CDI Precision, don't think he has anymore in stock but if you get enough people interested in a group buy then I'm sure he will produce them again.

Oh ok, I was thinking it was a badger or a Ross. I didn't know of anyone else that make a clip/lug slotted one.

Badger makes a similar clip slotted mount (listed in Badgers catalog) that is not to spec and you can try to call Dan Ross and see if he has any of his mounts that he will sell you but apparently unless you are God he won't sell the clip slotted spec base to you. I bought a mount from him years ago and the only reason he sold it to me was cause I was a HOG and he charged something like $350 for it.

Went out to confirm my loads prior to Reade Range match and shot these groups at 300 yds so she is doing pretty good.

10emsgm.jpg

9gbhi8.jpg

15hxyd1.jpg

Then I shot this group at 200yds doing up downs with a 5 sec exposure time at Reade Range Match. Don't mind that little guy up there, couldn't tell where I was hitting till I slipped up and pulled a shot.

2h5og9z.jpg

I am very please with this rifle, she shoots very consistent, Mark did an awesome job!! On to ASC!!

Great looking rifle!

I think so, we'll have to wait till the moon is right and all is right in the cosmo's, but I think it's possible.lol If I do my part (I always do my very best on a customer's rifle) and you do your part, the rifle will always do it's part, at least that's what Sean says.

If this M40 base group buy goes through you'll have a few ordered lined up

I am waiting on my base to come in from CDI...then inbound to Triple 6.

How snug is the fit between the base and receiver?

Is there an actual schematic for the receiver?