• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(old)Sako TRG-21 - will it fit the KRG Whiskey-3 chassis? Anyone tried it?

neversummer1911

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2013
i have an old TRG-21 i was thinking of upgrading the chassis to the Whiskey-3.

KRG said it should work but CANNOT guarantee it...since its suppose to fit the TRG-22. (they did not list the TRG-21)

So, i'm wondering if anyone here (who has a TRG-21) took the chance and bought it and installed it?

Can you share your experience installing it and using it?

Also, any recommendation on installing/replacing the scope mount....or installing a rail on the top so i can install a different scope mount.

Thank you in advance for any help.

EP

You might try here if no one responds. That is a sako collectors forum. Its how I found out a Sako 75 floorplate will work on an A7 lol

I am pretty sure that the KRG stock will fit a TRG21 as well.
As far as I know, they did not change anything on the main beam of the chassis, which makes me believe that it will fit. I have had an older TRG21 rear stock section in hand and I could tell no difference to the TRG22, but I have not tried to bolt them together as I did not have my own TRG22 at the time.

I do however have a TRG22 with a KRG folder nowdays, and it is awesome.
As for the scopemount, I have run a picatinnyrail on top of the receiver. I did however get a Spuhr ISMS directmount for the dovetail on top of the receiver and it is good to go. I dont know what to tell you about it, as it is dead on reliable and super easy to fit.

Reactions: MPrimo
FWIW, my 21 fits in a 22 TRG-backbone just fine. The footprint of the action is the same unless you happen to have a really early 21 which have a square rear tang. So with a round rear tang, a KRG fits (and probably also with a square one).

awesome! gonna get the KRG then! I think i'm exploring the Near Mtg mount.... Thanks!!

I am pretty sure that the KRG stock will fit a TRG21 as well.
As far as I know, they did not change anything on the main beam of the chassis, which makes me believe that it will fit. I have had an older TRG21 rear stock section in hand and I could tell no difference to the TRG22, but I have not tried to bolt them together as I did not have my own TRG22 at the time.

I do however have a TRG22 with a KRG folder nowdays, and it is awesome.
As for the scopemount, I have run a picatinnyrail on top of the receiver. I did however get a Spuhr ISMS directmount for the dovetail on top of the receiver and it is good to go. I dont know what to tell you about it, as it is dead on reliable and super easy to fit.

Thanks....Good to know....will the TRG21 magazines fit it as well?

FWIW, my 21 fits in a 22 TRG-backbone just fine. The footprint of the action is the same unless you happen to have a really early 21 which have a square rear tang. So with a round rear tang, a KRG fits (and probably also with a square one).

Man your name had me questioning if I had replied to this thread and where it was haha. Just a heads up there is a spuhr st-4701 in the exchange that mounts to the dovetail

OH man.... i ended up buying the one from NEAR MFG.... hope its worth it. Thanks for the heads up.

Man your name had me questioning if I had replied to this thread and where it was haha. Just a heads up there is a spuhr st-4701 in the exchange that mounts to the dovetail