• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Old School

earthquake

Area Man
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    USA
    3/6 STA, 1993 - 1996. Pics are some I dug up of me around '95 and '96 at Lejeune (Stone Bay Hathcock Range), Okinawa (NTA) and CAX.

Re: Old School

I wish digital cameras had been invented back then.

Nice...I was 3/6 from '96-'00...went to STA in '98...I might have used your rifle at some point...we had some that had 5K to 7K rounds on them.

Nothing like being in a desert with green cammies...hahaha

Respectfully,

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice...I was 3/6 from '96-'00...went to STA in '98. </div></div>

You probably knew some of the same guys I knew then. Jakubowski, Callis, Billings and Sanson? They were the newest guys to come in right when I left for Quantico summer of '96.

I was 3/6 Scout sniper platoon (they stopped calling it STA). 2003-2005. I was on a CQB team in kings bay before that. We were one of the first to recieve the new A3's. Seems to be alot of former 3/6 guys on here.

Would love to see this thread develop into postings of old marksman pics especially around past conflicts and competitions

I do not know if it was Just our BC that did it but it was just SSP for Scout Sniper Platoon. Not sure if other batallions were that way, or if it was just ours. He just said it was no longer STA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember Jak and Callis.</div></div>

I'm still in touch with them if you're wanting to say hi. They're all on FB now. Another guy from STA who must've come after me T. Cote, put a ton of pics on his profile of their deployments to Panama etc. Shooting Barretts from helicopters, Dodge City etc. I wonder if you're in any of those pics?

No I wont be in any of those pics...those guys were all leaving or had left when I got to the Plt in late 98. Cote was there for our indoct. He pops up on my FB as friends you might know...but I doubt he remembers me...He was gone by the time I got there after the Bn came back from CAX.

--KJ