• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Older Redfield Glass

nashlaw

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2006
manchester, tn
Any of you guys have any experience with the older RFs that were US made? I am wanting a 6-18x for a varmint rifle and have some that appear to be reasonably priced.

Re: Older Redfield Glass

I have a 3-9 wide-field variable with target dot. First scope I ever bought, new, back in the late 70's. Glass is still perfect. This was an era when Redfield produced quality scopes.

How is there customer service, I bought one 15 years ago and a year later the cross hairs broke. Now I am buying high quality glass but would still get it fixed to put on a plinker gun or sell it instead of sitting in my safe broken. I thought they went out of business breifly? I could never find anything about them and kind of forgot about it until I saw this post.

Sorry to wonder but it seems you guys would know what I'm wanting to know.

I think they have been bought by Leupold, not really sure, though. You might try getting some contact information from a retailer and start shaking the trees. There is a company in Fl that repairs scopes for a reasonable fee. I have used them for an older Redfield 3200 after I mucked up the turrets. I think they are called 'ABO'. Someone here might have the addy.

Older USA redfields are good scopes, my 6-18 has excellent glass. However I do not believe you can get them serviced anywhere. If you want something in that magnification range and don't want to spend a lot then get a Nikon 6-18.

Service on the older Redfield-Weaver can be done by Iron Sight Inc in Tulsa OK.Fellow is a HP officer-so waiting time varies on turn around as he has a full time job. Have had 5 scopes serviced by them-weaver K,s w/ao-and am happy with the work done.Also have a minty Redfield 6-18-nice scope-the rangefinder feature is kind of neat! Google Iron Sight. barry

Both Ironsight in Oklohoma and ABO in Florida service Redfield scopes. I recommend Ironsight but remember it may be a six month wait for its repair but it will be a perfect job. ABO also repairs Redfield scopes, but customer reviews over the years have been up and down.
ironsightinc.com
abousainc.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of you guys have any experience with the older RFs that were US made? I am wanting a 6-18x for a varmint rifle and have some that appear to be reasonably priced.

</div></div>

I have a Redfield 6-18 on a Ruger "flat bolt" .22-250 I purchased new in 1970. It is still great glass, accurate tracking, and clear. I have never considered replacing it.

Kevin

This has turned into an EXCELLENT scorp repair thread.

Lots of good info here.