• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

On Buying scales..

SParker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Well, I should start by telling you all that I am the guy who tunes beam scales. I have been doing it for about four years now and have tuned close to 400 scales. I wish to thank all of my customers.

As some of you already know, I only tune and supply a very limited number of scale makes and models. As this word has traveled, I have had ever increasing difficulty obtaining these scales at a reasonable price. On more than one occasion a customer has contacted me to tune a scale that he bought on EBAY. Three times now(that I know of), it has been the case that he was bidding against me. This does a few things that are detrimental to all involved. First, the customer ends up paying more in shipping/total price than he would if he just bought the scale from me. Second, it pushes up the price for obtaining scales overall. Third, it introduces the customer to risk that otherwise, he would not have faced.

If you would like a dead on accurate scale of single kernel sensitivity, please just buy it from me direct and keep the cost down for everyone. I try to keep my tuned scales priced within reasonable proximity to new scale prices even though the scales I provide are superior. I welcome your patronage and simply ask your help in keeping prices reasonable.

Thanks.

Scott Parker
[email protected] (661) 364 1199
Bakersfield CA

Re: On Buying scales..

What kind of scales do you tune? I'm just curious. I just bought a beam scale from ebay (RCBS 505). If your talking about a completely different class of scales than I understand what you are saying. But if you are talking about general scales like the one I bought, I don't understand why we should stop buying scales directly just to pay your mark up on them.

I'm not trying to be confrentational I'm just a little confused.

dude....do you "tune" pharmaceutical scales?

'cause them are the scales that benchmark the scales that champions use.....kinda like this one....

AND COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE
MVC-001S-4.jpg

You see, people end up paying more for the item and service than they had to. It really only applies to potential customers of mine. Since many customers have contacted me by way of this forum, I thought it prudent to post about this here.

Scott,

Welcome to the Hide and thank you for posting. Im certain your services are much appreciated.

Vin

RE:Scot-I have had Scot tune my 10-10 RCBS for me-it is now outstanding! He has mainly dealt with us -cough cough-accurate shooters over on 6br forum. Scot is very capable-has quick turn around-and knows scales.Welcome to SH scot! bwgdog
smile.gif

I recently bought a tuned Redding #2 scale from Scott and am well pleased. It is everything he said it would be. Scott answered all my questions by email prior to the purchase and followed up by phone to make sure I received the scale and that I was happy. Highly recommended.