• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

On the Cheap

oldiephrt

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2020
Looking for a night vision device to use very limited basis. Predator/varmint control 75yds max. Saw an add suggesting a monocular behind a red dot. Feasible? Don't need video out or anything like that, just cheap. Open to ideas. Going on 11mm rail.

They're $660 on amazon now, but the ATN X Sight digital night vision sights (and other digital night vision sights) work well with ir flashlights, internal or external, to 75 or 100 yards. Even in total darkness. Might be able to find one for around 400 used or on ebay.

$499. I still have the predecessor to this one, Sightmark Photon XT. Working great even after night hunting hogs in Texas for 5 or 6 years.

^^^^ Thank you. A little more than I wanted to spend but maybe worth it not hobble something together.
@b6graham were you suggesting iron sights with night vision monocular behind ?

I highly recommend the Sightmark Wraith, its everything you need to do right out of the box. I have one and love it for the money.
Contact Dough at Camerland NY @gr8fuldoug

Thank you for the non sarcasm. I have used a flashlight before stationary/slow targets. My hands no longer work well enough to hold a flashlight and gun. My limited experience with feral hogs is they spook easy. I was hoping to take a occasional hog with an PCP at night from a stand where POA does not allow firearm discharge. I am anticipating 4-5 times a yr. Thus, a large expenditure does not seem reasonable at this time on top of all the paraphernalia needed to run the PCP. Sightmark it is.

Reactions: warnera1102
Last night's work, I played the wind and put a shot between the head and neck at just over 100yards.

Attachments

• IMG_20210313_004754_135.jpg
    IMG_20210313_004754_135.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 35
Another NightVision victim.

Attachments

• Victoria West-PigPiccarcarrier.jpg
    Victoria West-PigPiccarcarrier.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: warnera1102
I hope you had help lifting that monster.
Yes, and I still ended up with double-hernia surgery...

Obviously it wasn't just lifting the pig, but that's what I'm going to tell my hunting partner.

Reactions: oldiephrt
try this

Sightmark Signal 340RT Digital Night Vision Monocular​

on sale at $269.00 on cameraland

^^^^ thank you . I do need to mount on the air rifle and sight threw it though.
1619195120385.png

Last edited: