• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One less in the gene pool

One should probably feel bad in reading something tragic like this, but then you stop and think that it has to be a positive thing for the species as a whole . . . such a conundrum!

There are members of society that have no working knowledge of certain mechanical items, tools, firearms, or even how to change a tire. Therefore, to request that a person perform a particular task that they may be void of any knowledge of the task is asking for trouble. I blame the dead idiot more than the ignorant girl. A lot of girls will attempt to do things that they have no earthly clue about simply because someone they look up to asked them to do it, trusting that the idiot knows it's ok.

We need to ban vests - they kill people.

It's fer the chillren - and all that.

It bothers me that the cops just had to charge her with something. I mean, he asked her to shoot him, she's a lousy shot, case closed. I cant see where she did anything she could be charged for any more that a pilot testing an airplane or a driver testing a new car. Stupid? Yes, illegal, no.

It bothers me that the cops just had to charge her with something. I mean, he asked her to shoot him, she's a lousy shot, case closed. I cant see where she did anything she could be charged for any more that a pilot testing an airplane or a driver testing a new car. Stupid? Yes, illegal, no.

Depending on the state, she may not have been authorize to possess a handgun regardless if the guy told her to shoot him.

The cops didn't have to charge her, but the prosecutor did:

Her problem is that he wasn't an airplane or a car.

She formed the intent to shoot a person, albeit without malice, and that's exactly what she did. It's stupidity, but it's criminal stupidity because she shot him knowing that there was a very good chance that he could be killed.

Shooting at person and killing him, when you know (or should know) that there's a very good chance he could be killed, is manslaughter because it's the negligent killing of a human being.

Last edited:
And why didn't he just strap the vest to a watermelon or something. Would have been a lot better. Hold ma beer and watch this....

Who says you cant fix stupid? Like a journey, one step at a time. Eliminate it piece by piece. I have a theory that we need to stop interfering with survival of the fittest. They will cull themselves one by one. Idiot goes up Mt. Helen in shorts and flip flops= cull, swim with sharks= cull, cross the Atlantic in 10ft row boat=cull. They call for help= Sorry no can risk someone for you being an idiot.

------------------------------------------------------------

Fair enough.

------------------------------------------------------------

She formed the intent to shoot a person, albeit without malice, and that's exactly what she did. It's stupidity, but it's criminal stupidity because she shot him knowing that there was a very good chance that he could be killed.

Shooting at person and killing him, when you know (or should know) that there's a very good chance he could be killed, is manslaughter because it's the negligent killing of a human being.

I would counter that the important thing, her 'INTENT' was not to shoot a person, but rather to shoot the vest, and "only as a test". Thus, as you state, though exercising extreme definite stupidity, unless there is some other reason she should not have had a gun, she should be non culpable.

Jeez, as JBNj put it, shoulda used a watermelon.

I would counter that the important thing, her 'INTENT' was not to shoot a person, but rather to shoot the vest, and "only as a test".
True. But you don't need specific intent to shoot a person to be guilty of manslaughter, otherwise known as a negligent killing.

That's the difference between negligence and gross negligence: The difference between a fool and a damn fool.

Last edited:
The headline said the vest failed. I suppose it failed to get hit by the bullet?

There are members of society that have no working knowledge of certain mechanical items, tools, firearms, or even how to change a tire. Therefore, to request that a person perform a particular task that they may be void of any knowledge of the task is asking for trouble. I blame the dead idiot more than the ignorant girl. A lot of girls will attempt to do things that they have no earthly clue about simply because someone they look up to asked them to do it, trusting that the idiot knows it's ok.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If I told you to grab the coax or feed line of an antenna and transmit 1500watts into a antenna that did not have a balan, choke ect and had an SWR of 8 to 1 or greater and you kill yourself, is it my fault you were that stupid? If I was on the jury that kid would walk, unless there is more to the story than has been printed. Jury nullification needs to be used more often by folks with common sense.

As much as I think this is more proof that the gene pool needs more chlorine... the DA/SA/Prosecutor probably doesn't have much choice but to charge her. Whether this ends up with a conviction is another matter. I see a lot of public outrage until the press dies down, then a quiet dropping of everything.

Everyone involved was dumber than a bag of hammers. But stupid is NOT equal to criminal intent in the end. It may fit with negligence, etc... but that has always been (and probably will always be) a grey area. Lots of nuance... and nuance does not go well with black and white guilty/innocent decisions. The question is what kind of a legal precedent does this set...?? Because there is a real possibility that the actions of this bunch of slackjawed morons could set some interesting case law.

I'll follow this with interest.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I don't think I could find her guilty. not knowing any thing about her I will make a few assumptions in my thoughts. She probably does not have a lot of experience with fire arms. (That does not excuse her from being completely stupid) She probably was told here shoot me I have a bullet proof vest we do it all the time its fine. Not knowing any better and trusting the people she was with she made the fatal error.

I think I would giver her probation and make her take an advanced gun safety cores. She may never use a gun again after this but she would never be able to claim stupid again. This is one example of why I think fire arm safety should be thought in school.

Last edited:
From her facebook page:

Taylor-Kelly-fb1.jpg

From the pics I'd wager she was hanging out with douchebags who also happened to be gun owners who collectively ended up making a bad decision. That's a tough lesson to learn the hard way.

Their are many members in our society that know shit about anything. I really hate to see it when our older generation dies off. There won't be much common sense left!

I'm with the watermelon theory. Why didn't they put the vest on something then shoot that, instead of shooting a real person...
Crash test dummy .............................. of course, that's always how we did the first run through! You know, it really makes you wonder?

No wonder she missed just look at the Facebook pic. Gun cocked semi sideways, finger on the trigger while trying to look like a hardass. The camera person has some really big stones to let someone point a gun at them. At first i felt bad reading the situation. Nope not anymore. Send her stupid ass to jail. Natural selection at its finest.

Prosecutor "Had to???" Where is the Prosecutorial Discretion that Eric Holder keeps talking about? ( I realize he isn't the one on this case.)

Being a proud South Carolinian....

Surely she was... scratch that..... they were imports. Not native to this fine state or an example of the gen. pop.

I hope.

Ryan

Perhaps a ticket for littering?