• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One or two bags

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
If you could only have one bag, which bag would you get?

If you could have two bags, which would you get?

I already have a small rear bag, but getting more into PRS style shooting requires me to play the game more. I just don’t want to lug around 5 different bags for every little thing at a match. Especially since I would like to do matches that involve distance between stages.

I need a bag(s) that is well versatile and has a good balance of weight for a steady rest but wouldn’t kill you to take on a rucking style match.

One bag for me would be my Accuracy 1st rear bag or Warhorse Traveler (toss up between the two).

Two bags: One of the above rear bags and a Warhorse Taffy.

For years, I've been running the Weibad Tac Pac primarily, and the Pump Pillow as a secondary bag. I shoot a lot of field matches, that are not condusive of hauling around a 8-lbs bag. If all your doing is walking a few feet from the tailgate of your truck, and a few yards between stages, you could buy anyone of the heavy fill bags, and although I've tried a few, I don't necessarily have a favorite yet.

I've sold every bag I have except the wax canvas gamechanger. If I had to take 2, second would be a pillow or maybe just use a backpack

At one time I had wax canvas gc, pint size gc, pump pillow, st8 laced, tac pad, and gecko 2.

I've used a fortune cookie and it's pretty good too

For positional
If I could have only one; a Gamechanger

The second would a Pump pillow

Get more adventurous and give me a third I’d add in a rear bag

1. Pint sized GC heavy fill.
  2. WieBad pump pillow.

It’s not hard to get 98% of your shooting done with only these 2 or similar. If anyone tells you you need 5 bags, a tripod, etc to be competitive, they don’t know how to shoot. Period.

1. Pint sized GC heavy fill.
  2. WieBad pump pillow.
It’s not hard to get 98% of your shooting done with only these 2 or similar. If anyone tells you you need 5 bags, a tripod, etc to be competitive, they don’t know how to shoot. Period.

This is good. Eventually I would like to get a tripod, but it seems like the tripod craze stages have gone down now that so many people have them. There are far more positional stages than anything else.

Last local match I had to use my range bag on one stage because you couldn’t use a bipod, and I just had my small rear bag I used for positional work. It got the job done, but it certainly could have been much more stable.

This is good. Eventually I would like to get a tripod, but it seems like the tripod craze stages have gone down now that so many people have them. There are far more positional stages than anything else.

Last local match I had to use my range bag on one stage because you couldn’t use a bipod, and I just had my small rear bag I used for positional work. It got the job done, but it certainly could have been much more stable.
Next time ask someone in your squad - they’ll let you use theirs unless they are on deck —

Reactions: Alpine 338

Shot the AI classic this weekend and we had a TYL stage off a sideways cable spool at 400ish yards 2 hits per target to move on. Miss and you had to move spools. Started with a tripod for rear support pint sized GC in the front. Had a pump pillow on my belt just in case.
Hit my first shot, missed the second, had to move to the next spool I ditched the tripod, and cleaned the rest of it with just the GC and pump pillow.
Moral here is sometimes a tripod, while useful, can be more cumbersome than necessary.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Next time ask someone in your squad - they’ll let you use theirs unless they are on deck —

That stage in particular did not allow you to use someone else's gear. It was whatever you brought with you. I did borrow someones GC bag on the tank trap.

Reactions: Diver160651
One bag only, probably my Saracen, two is what I prefer. Use a Wiebad Tac Pad as my rear bag, helps with positional stuff too. Then the Saracen shines on obstacles.

This is good. Eventually I would like to get a tripod, but it seems like the tripod craze stages have gone down now that so many people have them.

I think the wide spread use of the Gamechanger and similarly heavy bags with the heavier low recoiling rifles have really cut into the benifits of adding the complexity of the tripod for many stages.

One bag - Pint Size Gamechanger.

Two bags - Add a large Fat Bag to the above.

I shot the AI match last weekend, and out of 16 stages I had two where I used a bag other than my PintSize alone. One stage I used a long bipod with fat bag and Python for rear support in lieu of a tripod, and the other (the cable spool TYL @Covertnoob5 mentioned) I used the PintSize with a Fat Bag for a rear bag.

At the Grind last year, I shot 18 stages with nothing but a Pint Size, and it didn't hold me back in the least. The other two, I used a Python on the bus for rear support (and would have been just fine without it, honestly), and a fat bag on the trailer plate rack stage.

I just pulled the trigger on a pint sized GC with the heavy fill. They had a 17% off code for pattys day. Basically saved me shipping cost, but it’s still better than full price.

I now have a small rear bag and a pint sized GC. I am debating if I should get a weibad pump pillow or not.

My load out is a game changer and a wiebad pump pillow, you'll use the game changer the most but you'll find the pump pillow useful often.

have 4 poly fill bags so far and more on the way still looking for a good soda can sized rear bag .

Ground or quick moving: Low Vis Gear MK6 RearBag with QD swivel strap.

Barricades: Armageddon Gear - Low Vis Gear Spec, Pintsized GameChanger OR Warhorse Development Comanche.

Support: Armageddon Gear - Fat Bag (Large).

I have this rear bag. I had problems with the zipper opening and letting the fill out. I had to drill a hole through the outer flap and ziptie the zipper to it. Haven’t had any issues since.
I haven’t had issues with the zipper ever opening.

Here some pictures of examples of versatility I’ve found with the @Precision Underground bags.

This was a comparison/review I did for @021411 a week or so ago. If you’ve got any questions or want additional feed back hit me up. The bags are solid. Pictured are the ELR Mini and the ELE Strapped. Setting them up on the staircase took seconds, and they would have sat like that forever. Wasn’t afraid of them falling at all. The fill is solid yet flexible when squeezed. Keeps the rifle in place and on target extremely well. Myriad of uses with these bags and the strapped concept of the ELR Strapped, Recon, and Mini Recon are game changers.
CA84D200-9145-4BA6-8015-59EF1E2A65E9.jpeg
82FA04DD-E97C-4F26-99FD-7CC598406BC0.jpeg
F4439505-C45E-4CF3-A60D-2A6C26A8ED85.jpeg
72ECC65A-EB4B-4BC3-8A56-CA2BE3C49466.jpeg
8DA8F44C-8DEE-414F-9874-3126A679EA15.jpeg

Here some pictures of examples of versatility I’ve found with the @Precision Underground bags.

This was a comparison/review I did for @021411 a week or so ago. If you’ve got any questions or want additional feed back hit me up. The bags are solid. Pictured are the ELR Mini and the ELE Strapped. Setting them up on the staircase took seconds, and they would have sat like that forever. Wasn’t afraid of them falling at all. The fill is solid yet flexible when squeezed. Keeps the rifle in place and on target extremely well. Myriad of uses with these bags and the strapped concept of the ELR Strapped, Recon, and Mini Recon are game changers. View attachment 7044516View attachment 7044517View attachment 7044518View attachment 7044519View attachment 7044520
Hahahaha just realized Snowball was pulling rear security.

Reactions: 021411
What's the difference between the armageddon fat bag and the pump pillow? I am fine with my crosstac rear bag. I am just looking for something to aid in support positions to close the gap in the body.

That makes two of us...

Waiting to see what the new Reasor called sticky is all about
I know precisionrifledivision has them listed but obviously not in stock. $145 for the sticky GC and $113 for the pint size sticky GC.

What's the difference between the armageddon fat bag and the pump pillow? I am fine with my crosstac rear bag. I am just looking for something to aid in support positions to close the gap in the body.

The large fat bag is tapered to fit under your arm and the pump pillow is square

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
The large fat bag is tapered to fit under your arm and the pump pillow is square

Plus the Fat Bag straps are velcro and can be undone to wrap around an arm, rifle, etc. The Pump pillow and Tac Pad have to be slid over something, as the straps are sewn in on both ends.