• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One pouch to hold them all - does this even exist?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Putting together a precision rig belt and wanted 2 double pouches (4 mags total, 1 in the rifle) that I could use for the magazines. The problem is, depending which rifle I am using, the magazine type will change and I don't want to be stuck making 3 different belts or ripping pouches off and putting different ones on.

I'm looking for something with these parameters and am wondering if it exists:

- Comes in coyote brown (nice but not required)
    - Not open top and not bungee only retention
    - The flap/top can cinch down to securely 2x 5 round AICS magazines and open up enough to hold 2 x MagPul 7.62 mags or 2x USGI 20 round 5.56 mags
    - Mags should not float around when inside
    - 2 PALS webbing usage width wise (3 at the absolute maximum)
    - Not a HSGI 'taco'

So in short, I need a pouch that can hold either 2x AICS 5 rounders, 2x 7.62 MagPul 10 rounders or 2x USGI 5.56 20 rounders all equally well. Any ideas?

Only thing I can think of that fits that bill and that I use myself because it does a lot of what you are looking for is the old school Paraclete pouches. I run them on my rig and I can hold AICS mags, doubles, singles,etc. They have elastic in the body which keeps a single mag from rattling around if you pull a second magazine out, plus the flap has a healthy amount of velcro so you can pull the flap down tight as well.

3218-pouches-fanny-pack-location-but-still-accessable-lrf-pouch-choice-molle-holster-img_1360.jpg

Only thing I can think of that fits that bill and that I use myself because it does a lot of what you are looking for is the old school Paraclete pouches. I run them on my rig and I can hold AICS mags, doubles, singles,etc. They have elastic in the body which keeps a single mag from rattling around if you pull a second magazine out, plus the flap has a healthy amount of velcro so you can pull the flap down tight as well.

3218-pouches-fanny-pack-location-but-still-accessable-lrf-pouch-choice-molle-holster-img_1360.jpg

Are they called anything specific? Your setup looks about what I have but yours seems to be a cumberbun instead of a belt.

Can't see through the ruck, what is it? Looks similiar to an SOTech harness setup.

It's a COMA system from TYR Tactical. I've attached the pack to the COMA. As for the pouches, they are just called M4 pouches as far as I know but they are the old school Paraclete ones, not MSA.

A fella named Boris in the UK makes these. 338 Lapua TRG-42 and 10-shot AR-10 mags in the photos, and the pouch will hold 5- and 10-shot AI and 20-shot M16 magazines.

2v1ks60.jpg

1ffnsj.jpg

n1v475.jpg

Triad carries these:

TT-MP1-AI-10-2-MS%20COMBO%202%20copy.jpg

Emdom, Tyr, SKD, or OC may also carry what you're looking for.

Last edited:
    We have a short action pouch that will adjust to carry a 5 round AI, up to a 20rnd M1A/SR25. It has a removable covering flap so it can be used as an open top with bungee retention. They come as singles, but can be stacked. If you stack the pouch with the MOLLE, you can use the bungee for open top, or use one flap to cover BOTH pouches (up to AICS 10 round size mags).

We also make it for long action AI sized mags. This one will hold the 5 round mags either as open top with bungee retiontion or with a flap. The 10 round 300wm can be used as a open top only(Flap is too short).

for the Germans OP:
    - Comes in coyote brown (nice but not required) YES
    - Not open top and not bungee only retention YES, FLAP OR BUNGEE DOUBLE POUCH, EXCEPT FOR 10 ROUND 300WM OR 20 ROUND 308
    - The flap/top can cinch down to securely 2x 5 round AICS magazines and open up enough to hold 2 x MagPul 7.62 mags or 2x USGI 20 round 5.56 mags YES
    - Mags should not float around when inside YES
    - 2 PALS webbing usage width wise (3 at the absolute maximum)YES
    - Not a HSGI 'taco' YES (NOT A TACO)

Prototypes are done and several versions/revisions have been made. Waiting on the first production run right now, which we should have in about 2-3 weeks. I was going to wait, but I'll try to get some phone picks up today.

Last edited:
    Reactions: camocorvette
    Pricing is not done yet, and they are not on the site yet, but here are some pics.

IMG_0434 copy.jpgIMG_0436 copy.jpgIMG_0439 copy.jpgIMG_0441 copy.jpgIMG_0442 copy.jpg

I will go into how they work when we intro the new product.

Last edited:
    The single Triad one looks interesting (Im always open to some hands on prototype testing :) ). I have the double 5 round AICS Triad which is what gave me this idea as I was hoping the 7.62 MagPuls would fit but width seems to be the issue with the Magpul's thick/wide floor plates.

I measured and the pouch 'pocket' would need to be at least 2.75 wide to let 2 7.62 MagPuls in (and I'm sure wider would be better).

I dont have any of the 10 round 7.62 pmags, but I dont see any reason they would not work in the new pouch. I even think they would work in the #2 option of the Triad Double Magazine Pouch.

I dont have any of the 10 round 7.62 pmags, but I dont see any reason they would not work in the new pouch. I even think they would work in the #2 option of the Triad Double Magazine Pouch.

Does the #2 hold 2x 5.56 20 rounders and still able to securely close? Could you measure the depth of it; your 2x AICS 5 rounder mags measure roughly 2.20 inches in depth as a comparison but are obviously designed for just the AICS and are way too short to get over the 7.62 PMAG or 5.56 20's.

ETA - by depth I mean from the front of the pouch to the back, not the vertical measurement

Last edited:
    Does the #2 hold 2x 5.56 20 rounders and still able to securely close? Could you measure the depth of it; your 2x AICS 5 rounder mags measure roughly 2.20 inches in depth as a comparison but are obviously designed for just the AICS and are way too short to get over the 7.62 PMAG or 5.56 20's.

YES, the #2 double (2x 10rnd AICS) will hold and the flap secure 2x 5.56 20rnd mag.

Size Option #1 (will not hold 2x556)
    -Holds TWO 5rnd Short Action AI Chassis Mags

Size Option #2 (will work with 2x556 and should also work with 2xPmag 762 10rnd)
    -Holds TWO 10rnd Short Action AI Chassis Mags
    -Holds TWO 10rnd Short Action Polymer 223 AI Chassis Mags
    -Holds TWO 10rnd Type 4 Alpha Mags
    -Holds ONE 20rnd FAL/SR25/M1A Mag

Size Option #3 (will not hold 2x556 correctly, they fit but the flap is too short for the velcro to attach, so it only closes with the buckle)
    -Holds TWO 5rnd Long Action Chassis Mags(300/338)

Size Option #4 (will not hold 2x556)
    -Holds TWO Type 1, 2 or 3 Alpha Mags
    -Holds TWO 10rnd Short Action AW Mags

This is the pouch he is asking about.
    TT-MP1-AI-10-2-MS%20COMBO%202%20copy-01.jpg

Triad Tactical, Inc. :: Triad Tactical :: All Triad Magazine Pouches :: Triad Double Magazine Pouch

How long until the new ones come out? I know you said they were in production.

I think the last pic you posted of the new ones labeled 'stacked AICS 10 round' may work for this application. Do you know how much more depth is added to them being stacked over Size Option #2 on the current pouches?

Also just to be sure (sorry, we keep flipping back and forth) would Size Option #2 be able to cinch down or have enough velcro for the flap to come down far enough if only a single stack 5 round AICS was in it?

We hope to have the first run of the new pouch in about three weeks.

If you stack two of the new pouches, its almost the exact thickness of the #2 when 10 round AICS mags are used. The #2 has the buckle on the face, so at its thickest point, its right at 3 3/8".

On the #2: if you put a 5rnd AICS in it, you can still pull the flap dwon enough to secure it. The buckle will pull it closed even tighter than the velcro, but either way, you can keep the 5rnd mag from falling out.

Try Tactical Tailor, they make or made something like this. I know they have a 5.56/7.62 pouch. You can also talk to them about having them make you some one off items too. Outside Ft. Lewis, there are lots of tailors and such and you can get them to make all kinds of one off gear for a great price.