• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One Tripod To Rule Them All

I always took that to mean literally a jackal…

13_0011447_025332.jpg
It was. The newer remake of the first omen movie the priest digs up his moms grave and it’s really a jackal.

The real Damian has no mother I guess (not the OP of course

I’ll bookmark this thread b/c I need to get a tripod also.

Anyway. It’s all for you Damien. It’s all for you!

• Haha
Reactions: Fig
Honestly, what I really think bears discussion is that lots of stuff will work. This isn't a complicated device, we just tend to overcomplicate it.

Even though I broke my $400 Leofoto 364C a couple times, it was a cheap plastic internal part that I could swap out in two minutes. I bought like 20 of them for $14. It was the retainer that kept the leg extensions from pulling all the way out. I never had an issue with using the tripod, it never functioned in any manner other than as intended. The RRS failures were the same, a cheap part in the joint that didn't effect performance, they just needed to be replaced.

If you want a tripod that will function just like every other tripod you don't really have to spend a lot of money. If you want it to have a cool dude name brand written on the side, you'll pay a little extra for that.
Do you by chance have a link or part number for the replacement retainers?
I too have a leophoto 364 that the legs will just pull out.

Reactions: Birddog6424
In all fairness he is a PNW shooter and just MDed a 2 day PRS match in Idaho. If you saw the wind (and fire) at that match , square east coast it was not. I don't think that's the right application here even through I do think the RRS has some advantages over the 2 Vets from a pure gamer and ergonomic perspective.

Everyone uses gear different so what may be an advantage for one guy, another doesn't care about.
That fire made Day 2 exciting, didn't it? Shoot and scoot.

This pretty much summed it up for me, the size was a non issue for me as well.

View attachment 7899667
This Bison weight comparison here is incorrect. The weights for the 33, 34, and 34L all include the tripod + Anvil head. But the 22i’s weight is for just the tripod (no head). Not very fair comparison.

I intuited this as the Bison Tactical page you screencapped states the 22i does NOT come with the anvil-30. Thus, I suspected the weight did not include the anvil either, and I was right.

The “naked” 22i weighs 4.28 lbs. If you add the Anvil (15.2oz) and platform adapter it will roughly add up to 5.23lbs (not sure if the adapter replaces something on the platform or merely adds to it…)

I've been eye'in the AOKA CMP163CL for a sit-down tripod. I prefer no center column for something this size and weight. It's also looks small enough to be a prone rifle tripod and weighs 350g for the legs. Price ~$80

My stand-up tripod is a feisol ct-3442 which is excellent, but 2.5lbs.

You might want to look at the manfrotto 055 Carbon Fiber with their XPRO head. unbelievably light, incredibly sturdy and the XPRO head gives you super-fine adjustment capabilities. Not cheap but my sniper buddies swear by them for spotting.