• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors One you don't see often...ghost threads

BookHound

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
This was interesting and thought I'd share...

specproj_ghost_01_adjustLarge.jpg

specproj_ghost_02_adjustLarge.jpg

Barrel is for a 10/22 Charger.

Kind of a neat little solution for a clean look. The guy didn't want a thread protector hanging off his barrel.

Suppressor is an AAC Aviator. AAC did a small run with a smaller metric thread specifically for this find of setup.

Re: One you don't see often...ghost threads

There is a reason why you don't see them very often. Keep it very very clean and don't drop the assembly!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

There is a reason why you don't see them very often. Keep it very very clean and don't drop the assembly! </div></div>

Yes, you do need to keep the threads clean. You should keep "standard" threads clean too.

Ghost threads certainly aren't for everyone.
smile.gif

Real nice work on the threading, your right it's kinda very rare, there are some suppressors with male interfaces , not many but a few , but the avaitor with phantom threads are just works of art..
Thanks for the pics..

I had a mkll ruger internally threaded and we made a double male adapter, its a pain in the ass, if you don't leave the adapter in the barrel, the threads get dirty as hell, good concept, and looks good, cleanliness is the key to a setup like that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m54dmb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would like to see that mfg</div></div>

I would too, I would Youtube it, but I came up with nothing.

Just cut the threads for the can and the shoulder as normal.Then farther back on the barrel cut another set of larger OD threads and shoulder for the "ghost cap". It threads on to the second set of threads and is bored for the suppressor to pass inside of it. Finish the "ghost cap" to match the barrel OD at the seam.

Not anything spookie about it.

I have a Pilot and CZ 452 with 3/8"-24 Phantom Threads but it is ten years old.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subgunr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just cut the threads for the can and the shoulder as normal.Then farther back on the barrel cut another set of larger OD threads and shoulder for the "ghost cap". It threads on to the second set of threads and is bored for the suppressor to pass inside of it. Finish the "ghost cap" to match the barrel OD at the seam.

Not anything spookie about it. </div></div>

Nice to know there's someone on this site with a brain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subgunr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just cut the threads for the can and the shoulder as normal.Then farther back on the barrel cut another set of larger OD threads and shoulder for the "ghost cap". It threads on to the second set of threads and is bored for the suppressor to pass inside of it. Finish the "ghost cap" to match the barrel OD at the seam.

Not anything spookie about it. </div></div>

Well, you COULD do it that way. But why be easy about it? LOL.