• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors OpenFBI NICS check, suppressor

Jgunner

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 29, 2019
    Arizona
    So my dealer called me and told me they had to send my can back because of this. I own several suppressors already. What gives? Now i cannot call them and get an answer, i need to submit by mail, a VAF and a fingerprint card and i am sure some sort of money.

Any help out there boys? This efile has been the biggest nightmare i have had to date with an email debacle and silencershop not doing their damn job.

What does OpenFIB NICS check mean?

I had a eform4 denied recently (because of a dealer fuckup). The stamp is automatically refunded- there is no mechanism to amend an eform. But, silencershop also automatically resubmitted the form, and I got a "ready to certify" the day after completing the docusign. I need to run up to the dealer today to get the certification done. All in all, it has been relatively painless.

The above is just to say there doesn't seem to be enough detail in the OP to understand the issue.

So it's a manufacturer class 3 issue?
    No. The fbi background check was inconclusive. So “open”. I am not sure how that even happens. So now i have to resubmit everything and get the can sent back to a dealer and start the process all over again after submitting paperwork to the fbi. I am not sure how i am supposed to proceed other than submit a form that asks the fbi to check again.

I read on the highroad that a guy had the same issue because the fbi took too long to even look at it or didn’t and it timed out. According to him. Very little info out there on this and i was hoping there was some help here.