• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinion: Which is the best looking bolt gun and why?

mpepin07

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2018
Denver, CO
As the title says, I’m curious to see which bolt guns people think are the best looking. What specifically do you like about said gun?

This is for fun. Please leave all “whichever one shoots the best” comments at the door.

Reactions: Jallen015
Cheytac Intervention M200! Just looks all business.

Attachments

• 1A06E052-46A1-4975-BFF2-305E0EB07C8C.jpeg
    1A06E052-46A1-4975-BFF2-305E0EB07C8C.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 242
A Tacops rifle in a McMillan A5 and 24” barrel for a synthetic stock

AI AXSA for a chassis rifle

Whatever @Baron23 posted for wood stock rifles 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
A Tacops rifle in a McMillan A5 and 24” barrel for a synthetic stock

AI AXSA for a chassis rifle

Whatever @Baron23 posted for wood stock rifles 😂
aOne thing I love about British wood stocks is alkanet root infused oil they use for an in the wood hand finish. Its what gives them that typical reddish look with the very dark figuring. Cost a small fortune, but British best guns are....well, best guns. haha

aOne thing I love about British wood stocks is alkanet root infused oil they use for an in the wood hand finish. Its what gives them that typical reddish look with the very dark figuring. Cost a small fortune, but British best guns are....well, best guns. haha
That finish is phenomenal. Really makes a man wish he had “fuck you” money to buy one 😂

def worth the wait and always a laser..

One of the better wood Remington 40X Rangemasters with blued barrel.

The Varmint Specials would have, but for the shit-covered pressed in stippled excuse-for-“checkering” they used.

Last edited:
I love my mdt acc but even I have to admit its cold and unimpressive compared hand carved hardwood rifles either new or old . they are one of a kind master pieces as where anyone willing to spend the money could have the exact same thing as me and it could look exactly the same preform exactly the same its nothing unique about it except its mine as the other you could be the only person on the planet with that exact look feel and quality not to mention its a dying art form not many people still make hand crafted rifle stocks though there are a few just not as many as there once was .

Yep...M40A1 is my favorite. Just wish I could afford one without having to clean a bunch of stuff out of the safes just to get it.

Check out the precision rifles thread for some inspiration, love the look of my GA Hospitaller, lately ive been loving the look of the foundation stocks too, might try one out someday

1604505553265.png

I'll add the CG-63 to the list, too. Be a lot cooler with a bent-down bolt handle, though.

If I had a magic wand, I'd have a CG-63 style stock (Manners T2 shaped from the grip back) with a ARC Nucleus that had a swept back ball AI style bolt handle, L42a1 style micrometer flip up rear sight, winged front sight, AICS bottom metal. Optic mounted via an ARC M10 QD styled mount to some sort of interface that's a little smoother than a pic rail.

Reactions: lash and KZP
Something stereotypically sniper-y, like these;
1604506246748.jpeg

1604506328598.jpeg

Even better if it’s something I can play with like legos

Reactions: jbonifa and KZP
Personally I think their brake action rifles and drilling’s are the hottest, here are some British bolt guns

View attachment 7462162

This. High grade rifles will always win the beauty contests.

Tactical rifles are like a chick with a meh face but a body built for fucking. Not the greatest to look at but the best to play with.

Its hard to pick THE best looking.

Sako TRG and TRG M10, for classy looks and great feel.
Remington MSR. It just looks kick ass, its a shame it went the way it did.
Cheytac Intervention. All out awesome looks.
Tac Ops (all of them), plain classy and minute detail work.
M40A1, oldschool cool.
Mark13 mod5, oldshool cool too.

Still, if you twist my arm, the TRG M10 would probably be my top pick.

1604508561530.png

Reactions: Surferjoe
Sporting:
Any of a number of custom Winchester 70 Big Game rifles with exceptional wood, quarter ribs, express sights, and banded front sights. Great example of art, beauty and functionality all mixed into deep-blued steel and black walnut.

Tactical:
Styer SSG69
OG Euro-trash, functional and screams terrorist crisis solver.

Attachments

• e83e542fa715875453a805676b302e70.jpg
    e83e542fa715875453a805676b302e70.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Steyr SSG-69.jpg
    Steyr SSG-69.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Love
Reactions: Baron23
Barrett M82, because Burt Gummer and Arnold Swarzenegger both rocked the gun that obeys the physics of walls like the Kool-Aid Guy.

I had an AICS airsoft gun as a kid, and now I can't get over the fact that all the AICS guns actually look like airsoft guns.