• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinion: Which is the best looking bolt gun and why?

as said,pre '64 70 delux OR 09 argentine mauser (amongst several of the latin american military mausers)

200% would be terminus actions in a Russo wood stock! That’s a lie, anything in a Russo stock just fires me uo

1632623622776.png

1632623727116.png

Last edited:
The ones that puts them in the same hole (and look good doing it) are my favorites..

Attachments

• s21.jpg
    s21.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 65
  • rifle.jpg
    rifle.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
I have a thing for the Belgian made Browning Safari Grade High Power. In particular, the 30-06. Those things are extraordinarily beautiful for an off the shelf rifle. The one I inherited from my father when he was KIA Vietnam, November 21, 1969 is also extremely accurate.

Reactions: Baron23
I can appreciate a beautiful bespoke English rifle with great walnut but I REALLY love a rifle that looks great and can take a beating without missing a step. And to me, that says nothing but Accuracy International. I’ve always like the AW/AE and AT’s with thumbhole stocks for that classic AI look, but the second I saw the 2014 AX308 I made it a mission to own one.
B2809C47-5721-4558-9CB3-950A64B9E806.jpeg

Reactions: brianf and theLBC
Technically, the one I am shooting. As far as beauty contests, I have been partial to the pre Mark V Weatherby’s. (The Weatherby’s with the Mauser style actions.) The Mesquite stocked Weatherby’s set trends that governed the rifle world all the way until the advent of the Chassis Rifles.

I can appreciate a beautiful bespoke English rifle with great walnut but I REALLY love a rifle that looks great and can take a beating without missing a step. And to me, that says nothing but Accuracy International. I’ve always like the AW/AE and AT’s with thumbhole stocks for that classic AI look, but the second I saw the 2014 AX308 I made it a mission to own one.
View attachment 7710132
This post made me think has anybody ever done an AI up in a super fancy wood stock? That would be pretty.

I've alway thought the Lee Enfield No4 was a good looking rifle, the No4 T is probably the best looking rifle in my opinion.
Not necessarily the nicest looking but the best looking bolt gun.

One day I'll own a No4 T.

Well just happens to be, I own the bestist looking bolt action rifle EVER conceived and built. I’d show it, but I tight hurt some people’s feelings

That is a two part answer for me.
1. I love and appreciate a nice wood stocked rifle. Doesn't matter if it is a Rigby, Browning, Weatherby, Winchester, H&H, Dakota, etc., I just appreciate them.
2. Even with what was noted in 1, I find myself gravitating and purchasing rifles that are modular (R8, AI, Etc) and/or something with a lot of adjustability to fit me.

Given the ever increasing prices for guns and components, point 2 has become the driving factor for me around purchases.

I really like anything by Westley Richards or D’Arcy Echols. Great rifles…functional art.

There are some beautiful rifles in this thread. But, some of them.... I think I can honestly say I've never seen so many ugly rifles in one thread before.
My how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :cool: Not judging (okay maybe just a little)!

Something on a BAT…..
Don’t make fun of the bipod…

Attachments

• 177E5DB8-AD3C-4A5B-96B1-068F808A6558.jpeg
    177E5DB8-AD3C-4A5B-96B1-068F808A6558.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 44