• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Opinions Lone Wolf Long Slides

hewlett260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
California (Hell)
Looking for opinions on LWD's long slides for Glock 20. Going over a 6" barrel as a one of a kind thing I thought would be fun to play around with. Have read a few things in the past that said stay away from LWD but never gave reasons why. Have also read positive comments about them as well.

With finding so many mixed opinions on them, I guess what I'm asking more is what are the reasons for the good and the bad reviews? If I still choose to go that route what am I getting myself into? How is the quality fit/finish wise? And last, what would be better options available for the Gen 3 20SF? Almost every other option I have found has been for the 17 and 19 or simply machining existing slides.

I put a LW slide on my G17 and it fit just fine but it had a few rough spots and a few burrs from machining nothing a tinkerer couldn't fix just remember you get what you pay for

I bought a G21 slide to put night sights on. The slide was not properly made. The chamber of the barrel gouged the underside of the slide due to a lack of clearance. This was not cosmetic. They agreed and refunded the cost.

I still got stuck with a bad set of Ameriglo sights when they sent the wrong front sight on the project.

As 1shot said.....you get what you pay for. Do some research on other brands. And look at a 17L with an extended barrel...just my opinion. I went with an OD 34 gen 3 with a factory G17L barrel for that one of a kind look

Last edited:
I ran all glock factory parts on the slide the biggest thing that bothered me is when the slide is on the frame it looks like you have a huge gap in between the two most of this is due tO the big bevel they put on the bottom of the slide

Thanks for all the replies. I checked out a few vendors mentioned both here and through a few searches but with the exception of LWD, almost everything out there is for the 17, 19 and 34. Kind of been a PITA looking for certain things for the 10mm. Anyway if anyone one has pictures of one or how their projects came out please add them in with your write up. I'm still finishing up an AR so I'm trying to look at my options and get everything lined up.

I have a LWD G34 slide that I am pretty happy with. It does what I need it to do and looks pretty decent doing it... that said, LWD's customer service was a PITA to deal with (order for slide was placed 2 months before Sandy Hook, and in the madness that ensued afterwards, it took another 3.5 months or so to get everything I had ordered; total of 5.5 months). I'm about to order the same thing you're looking at: a G20L slide and internals.

That said, if Zev offered a G20 long slide, I'd order from them (despite the price difference).