• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions of LPVO'S

Proxemus

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2018
So im looking for a good lpvo 1-6 or 1-8 for my GSG-15.
so far these are the ones i have found to be the contenders. i wanna keep the price under 700$ish.

Strike eagle. 1-6 (or 1-8 if i wanna spend extra 150$) kind of a good starting point. 18oz decent glass but reticle isn't my fav

The venom max tac 1-6. no clue about glass quality. I have not seen the glass in these but i really like the reticle. ( doesnt have that circle alot of lpvos have) Not much info on these.. winnipeg scope company.

The bushnell forge. HD glass. german reticle. (clean reticle) 1-8. ONLY issue is this thing is a tank. 26oz and 34mm tube.

Primary arms with the acss 22lr reticle. People say better glass then vortrex?? and its designed for 22 and its light 15.5oz. but the circle reticle.

If anyone has any opinions please share! thanks!

Optics are one of the areas you don’t want to skimp out on. I’d say the lowest grade LPVO you should be looking at is the vortex 1-6 pst gen2. Even then, I’d try to save a little more and get a used gen2 razor 1-6 instead.

Athlon has a 1-10 FFP that should be hitting the market at any time from what I've been hearing. It's MSRP is 1k though.

The Burris XTR II 1-8x24 gets good reviews in the $1000.00 category. It's been discontinued, but they occasionally show up in the PX here and usually in your price range. It's also made in Japan by LOW. Here's DLO's review: Burris XTR II 1-8x24

Reactions: st1650
That Primary 1-6 is made by the same people that make the Blackhound Optics 1-6..and a bit less $$
They have a 1-8 that is nice also.

So im looking for a good lpvo 1-6 or 1-8 for my GSG-15.

If anyone has any opinions please share! thanks!

Why do you want a LPVO for your .22LR rifle?

The basic idea behind an LPVO once you get beyond, the whole "it's the cool new in thing that all the cool cats are getting", is an optic designed to sit on a combat rifle or close distance hunting rifle, that gives you a field of view for up close and personal like a red dot sight would be, but also lets you quickly go to higher magnification if you need to take a longer aimed shot or ID a target.

A .22LR rifle would seem to be something that would not be used in those situations and as such, I think a more traditional scope starting out in the 2.5x or 3x and going up would be a much better fit for what most people do with a .22LR rifle, whether that be target shooting, competitions, small rodent or varmint hunting or just looking cool as a trainer.

He’s putting it on a .22LR that looks like a SCAR-L kinda. Pretty much any LPVO will be fine.

I just looked that optic is like 1400$ in canada :(

Try the Delta Stryker. They are a polish company and most of their market is in Europe so maybe more reasonable. Scope is similar to the credo above and made by the same company in Japan.

If not also look at the vortex viper pst2 1-6. A little bigger and heavier. Made in the Philippines. Good glass and daylight bright dot. The one I played with at the store had nice turrets even though they were capped. Another one to keep an eye out for is a Bushnell smrs 1-6.5 with the exposed turrets. They blow them out now and then for 500-600$. My brother has one on a 22 upper and spins the hell out of those turrets and has said they're very reliable. Probably available used at a good price. Japanese made with excellent glass. Dot is not daylight bright.

Last edited:
Athlon has a 1-10 FFP that should be hitting the market at any time from what I've been hearing. It's MSRP is 1k though.
Hows the lower end athlon 1-10s? have any exp with them?
Try the Delta Stryker. They are a polish company and most of their market is in Europe so maybe more reasonable. Scope is similar to the credo above and made by the same company in Japan.

If not also look at the vortex viper pst2 1-6. A little bigger and heavier. Made in the Philippines. Good glass and daylight bright dot. The one I played with at the store had nice turrets even though they were capped. Another one to keep an eye out for is a Bushnell smrs 1-6.5 with the exposed turrets. They blow them out now and then for 500-600$. My brother has one on a 22 upper and spins the hell out of those turrets and has said they're very reliable. Probably available used at a good price. Japanese made with excellent glass. Dot is not daylight bright.
Ive looked for some SMRS bushnells but people want over 1g for em.. if they came up id prob grab one. i like bushnell scopes.

Here's a list of inexpensive, and available LOW manufactured LPVOs I put together for another thread. It looks like you're in Canada, so I don't know how that impacts the list.

- Sightmark Pinnacle AAC; $379 at Amazon (older LOW style with narrow FOV and 300 BLK reticle)
- Sightmark Pinnacle TMD; $499 at Amazon (older LOW style with narrow FOV and MRAD reticle)
- Sig Sauer Whiskey5 (1-5); $545 at Bereli
- Bushnell SMRS II; $620
- Shepard Phantom; $750 (older LOW style with narrow FOV)
- Athlon Cronus BTR; $750 at Cameraland (almost the same reticle as Vortex's JM1, but has wind holds and uses a larger daylight visible center aiming point over the Vortex's smaller, brighter)
-Trijicon Credo HX; $785
- Delta Stryker; $790 at darnfineshot

Here's a list of inexpensive, and available LOW manufactured LPVOs I put together for another thread. It looks like you're in Canada, so I don't know how that impacts the list.

- Sightmark Pinnacle AAC; $379 at Amazon (older LOW style with narrow FOV and 300 BLK reticle)
- Sightmark Pinnacle TMD; $499 at Amazon (older LOW style with narrow FOV and MRAD reticle)
- Sig Sauer Whiskey5 (1-5); $545 at Bereli
- Bushnell SMRS II; $620
- Shepard Phantom; $750 (older LOW style with narrow FOV)
- Athlon Cronus BTR; $750 at Cameraland (almost the same reticle as Vortex's JM1, but has wind holds and uses a larger daylight visible center aiming point over the Vortex's smaller, brighter)
-Trijicon Credo HX; $785
- Delta Stryker; $790 at darnfineshots
Sightmark stuff is super hard to find in canada if u do find it they want like shcmidt and bender prices.
Sig whiskey5 is around 1300 canadian pesos.
smrs ii is disc but the odd one comes up for around 900ish cad
athlon stuff is easy to find just never personally looked through it.
the triji credos are around 1400$
i really like the reticle of the delta stryker but i did some searching and cannot find it for the life of me.
Canadian market sucks for scopes.

Sightmark stuff is super hard to find in canada if u do find it they want like shcmidt and bender prices.
Sig whiskey5 is around 1300 canadian pesos.
smrs ii is disc but the odd one comes up for around 900ish cad
athlon stuff is easy to find just never personally looked through it.
the triji credos are around 1400$
i really like the reticle of the delta stryker but i did some searching and cannot find it for the life of me.
Canadian market sucks for scopes.

In the under $1k USD group, I'd go for the Cronus. It has the same disappearing black ring look as the Vortex's, with wind holds in the BDC reticle and exposed/locking turrets with a zero stop in case you want to dial.

In the under $1k USD group, I'd go for the Cronus. It has the same disappearing black ring look as the Vortex's, with wind holds in the BDC reticle and exposed/locking turrets with a zero stop in case you want to dial.
Here in canada the cronus and the EOTECH vudu 1-8 are the exact same price. is the eotech vudu a better scope?

Here in canada the cronus and the EOTECH vudu 1-8 are the exact same price. is the eotech vudu a better scope?

I haven't handled a VUDU LPVO, but I'd go with the Eotech over the Cronus at equal prices. You guys have a very different market...

The vudu is awesome. I sold mine and wish I hadn't now. That's scope is really underrated. If it's the same price, eotech all day every day imo

vs
i like the vudu way more for that price hah

For a .22 I'd get a P4XI or a TR24 and be done with it.

I run the razor gen2-e and swfa 1x4 on my 10/22 rifles and they both work out real nice for me.

I have 3 of the listed. 2 strike eagles gen1 and 2, Forge and RT-6.

RT-6 is the best of the 3 as far as clarity and brightness, eyeboxes close enough I can't tell much of a difference, Forge tericke is very fine.

I have 3 of the listed. 2 strike eagles gen1 and 2, Forge and RT-6.

RT-6 is the best of the 3 as far as clarity and brightness, eyeboxes close enough I can't tell much of a difference, Forge tericke is very fine.
Sounds like for the price you can't beat the rt6. I can find a rt6 new in Canada for 450$. I might go that route. How do you find the rt6s reticle?

I have the rt6 with the ballistic ar reticle. Love it. Easy scope to use and seems clear.

Another vote for the RT-6 in that price range

He’s putting it on a .22LR that looks like a SCAR-L kinda. Pretty much any LPVO will be fine.
Wait, what? Why would you make a .22 that looks like a SCAR?

Edit: I kind of get it if the product team who used to make Lamborghini body kits for the Pontiac Fiero started making weapons. I know this dates me but for those of you that know...

Edit: Edit: Sorry OP, I'm just cranky because my blood sugar is low and I'm posting while I'm waiting for my burger to arrive.

Last edited:
So I'm not recommending this but, at this price point, could be compelling for what you want. When it drops.

Credo hx or Delta Stryker 1-6. Probably just a little over your budget but worth it imo. Japanese made, good glass, and daylight bright dot.

I second this one. I’ve got a credo 1-8x28 and I love it. It doesn’t seem to the love I would expect but it’s not given me any issues. The glass is good, and it’s very serviceable.

So I'm not recommending this but, at this price point, could be compelling for what you want. When it drops.

The 1-6 of this scope didn't impress me much. Good reticle. Finicky eyebox and lackluster illumination.

Any one use GPO stuff?? gr8fuldoug i see you guys sell GPO, how do they stack against the other stuff?
Again still cant find these in canada. ffs
maybe i might have to wait till boarders open up and grab gpo or a delta stryker
I’ve got a GPO 1-5x24 with #4 illuminated reticle, I’m really impressed with the glass on it for the price and the illuminated centre dot is infinitely adjustable so you can get the perfect brightness setting for any condition, and its more than bright enough for sunny days, I’d compare the glass to a vortex PST 1-6 which a mate of mine has and I’ve tried out several times, before the GPO I had a vortex strike eagle 1-8 which I was ok and done the job but then I tried my mates PST 1-6, I sold the strike eagle the same day, the PST had far better clarity, brightness, FOV, and a far better eye box, The GPO has all the same qualities as the PST so I was very pleased when I received it, there aren’t many reviews online so I took a chance when buying it.
Another scope to consider is a Hawke frontier 1-6 x 24 30mm, it’s about £100 cheaper than the Vortex PST and the glass is in a completely different league! Check out the videos on YouTube, the clarity and brightness are amazing, I know Hawke hasn’t got the best reputation as they sell a lot of budget friendly products but the frontier range is their top tier range and I think anyone would be impressed who looked through it.

I’ve got a GPO 1-5x24 with #4 illuminated reticle, I’m really impressed with the glass on it for the price and the illuminated centre dot is infinitely adjustable so you can get the perfect brightness setting for any condition, and its more than bright enough for sunny days, I’d compare the glass to a vortex PST 1-6 which a mate of mine has and I’ve tried out several times, before the GPO I had a vortex strike eagle 1-8 which I was ok and done the job but then I tried my mates PST 1-6, I sold the strike eagle the same day, the PST had far better clarity, brightness, FOV, and a far better eye box, The GPO has all the same qualities as the PST so I was very pleased when I received it, there aren’t many reviews online so I took a chance when buying it.
Another scope to consider is a Hawke frontier 1-6 x 24 30mm, it’s about £100 cheaper than the Vortex PST and the glass is in a completely different league! Check out the videos on YouTube, the clarity and brightness are amazing, I know Hawke hasn’t got the best reputation as they sell a lot of budget friendly products but the frontier range is their top tier range and I think anyone would be impressed who looked through it.
I tried looking for gpo or Hawke stuff in Canada which is almost impossible to find. So my options are running thin. So far I'm. Leaning towards the meopta 1-6x24 optica 6 with bdc 3 reticle. It's just hard to find anything in lpvo that doesn't have that half circle or. Full circle.

i took a flyer on the bushnell rt-6, based on comments here, and it seems pretty decent clarity wise at this price point and it was on sale.

i took a flyer on the bushnell rt-6, based on comments here, and it seems pretty decent clarity wise at this price point and it was on sale.
It's gonna be either this or that meopta I think for me. Only thing I can't get past on the Burris rt6 is the reticle. I'm in mega northern Canada with polarbears so until I get back to civilization I get to read.

I really like the reticle. The center ring is fairly easy to pick up at 1x and I like having the bulk of the center open when zeroing rifles or working up loads instead of a larger dot in the center. For what I use it on, ar-15s, it seems to fit the bill nicely and require very little adjustment or training to do the job. The drops are pretty dead on, but I assume when configuring for standard 5.56 loads we would have it figured out pretty well.

The 1-6 of this scope didn't impress me much. Good reticle. Finicky eyebox and lackluster illumination.
I was wondering about this one. I saw some reviews on other models, many said there was a fishbowl effect at 1X. I figured I would be better off with better glass and less magnification.

Hows the lower end athlon 1-10s? have any exp with them?

Ive looked for some SMRS bushnells but people want over 1g for em.. if they came up id prob grab one. i like bushnell scopes.
The 1-10 isn't out in the wild yet, supposed to be some time this year. I've got a couple of 4.5-29x56mm Cronus' from Athlon and I absolutely love them.