• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

opinions on powder measure needed

EricF517

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Howell, Michigan
Well I have a Lee Turret press that I use as a single stage for the rifle but use the turret for my pistol loads. Did some reading about powder measures that can be press mounted. The turret came with the Lee disc but I cannot get it to keep a consistant charge. Not to mention the mess the thing makes when it springs back. Last time I did 250rds and kept the powder I swept back up off the bench and was able to fill 6 cases. So I am planning on getting away from the disc. I was wondering what everyone's opinons were on a good one that can mainly be used for pistol loading that can be press mounted. Also would like to be able to use it for the 223 and 308(as a stand alone).

Re: opinions on powder measure needed

I tend to favor Harrell's Premium measure. But I've had it a long time.

I'm thinking your doing something wrong. I load for several handguns on mine and don't get spillage anything at all like that. The disks work great with ball powders. If you want to dial it in I have heard of people putting Hornadys linkage on a RCBS uniflow or just get a Horn powder measure with the Powder thru expander set up. Their are some threads over at The High Road forums on people that have replaced the pro auto disk with a regular powder measure.

I owned a Quick Measure briefly and returned it. It was not very accurate and when it threw a bad charge, it was waaaaay off.