• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on Yugo M76 in 8mm

Tazaroo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2004
Franklin, Wisconsin
Considering one of the Ohio Rapid Fire with the milled receiver. Does anyone here have any opinions of these as far as accuracy goes or used reloads for good accuracy with these? This would be (for me) a 600 to 800 yard rifle so I'm curious what kind of groups this rifle is capable of with matchgrade 8mm or good reloads?

Re: Opinions on Yugo M76 in 8mm

What's a match grade 8mm?
wink.gif

Seriously though, they shoot shoot fairly well for what they are. I've seen between 1.5 and 2.5 MOA depending on the shooter. But for the kind of money you're talking about ($1700 from ORF without the scope, $2100 with) I think you'd be better served buying a .308 AR platform, or a good used M1A. Just my $.02

Re: Opinions on Yugo M76 in 8mm

You would be surprised when you couple Nosler 180gr Ballistic Tip Spitzers or Sierra Matchking 200gr HPBT, neck dies, Lapua brass and Vhit powder all together. IMHO, the 8mm rivals the 06 or the 7.62 NATO when used with the right rifle. The appeal of the M76 is all the cool 8mm steel core out there still or B-Patronen that can be put down range.