• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Opinoins on a FN SPR

crackerbacks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
SE Michigan
I found what appears to be a good deal on a FN SPR in 7.62. I was just wondering everyones opinion on these rifles and what a fair price is for a gun with 200-300 rds thru it.

Re: Opinoins on a FN SPR

Dude!! Look through the threads in this section, there's one of these ?'s on every page.....

Post the link
wink.gif
. I have been looking at these, maybe down the road I will get one.

I recently got my first long range rifle- a used FN SPR 308. It is number 155 from the custom shop at Winchester. I understand it has had less then 400 rds. It came with an Timmney trigger (250.00 option). The owner didn't know it was after market upgrade. I negotiated down from 1400.00 to 1150.00. The timing was in my favor with the slow economy. I have had it a month and I have set up to my spec's. The glass is Lupe MK4 6.5/20/50mm. I have shot it once and within 10 rounds had it on zero at 100 and the next ten rounds were in less than .600 group. In my detailed research and the motivation of the seller and the quality of the rifles condition a range from 1150.00 to 1600.00 is normal. In a more stable economy you would see as mentioned in the thread +/- 1500.00.

They're a great gun, chrome lined barrels and usually come bedded in a McMillan stock. The action is identical to a pre-64 Winchester 70. $1500 and less would be a great deal if it's in the stock you want.

It's a rock solid rifle, and I bet that with a bit of bargining, you could get it down to 1100 or so.. Hell, I just got a Bowflex Ultimate for 200 bucks.. This economy is a buyers market.

Have an SPR A5, fantastic rifle, accurate, feeds very well, factory win triggers can be adjusted very well and are very dependable. I've shot customs, have 2 customs in the works. . .my FN will still not be leaving my posession.

2nd that... reason I stated +-1500 is I bought a custom fn for $1425 with 150rds down tube. Maybe I should've chewed on him some more?.. Oh well happy with my purchase.

Dealer cost on a new FN SPR A3 is over $2200.00.

Is it cost effective to change stocks? I looked around and didn't see anyone one selling aftermarket stocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're a great gun, chrome lined barrels and usually come bedded in a McMillan stock. The action is identical to a pre-64 Winchester 70. $1500 and less would be a great deal if it's in the stock you want. </div></div>

Other than the A3 version, the SPR does not come bedded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a rock solid rifle, and I bet that with a bit of bargining, you could get it down to 1100 or so.. Hell, I just got a Bowflex Ultimate for 200 bucks.. This economy is a buyers market. </div></div>

No way you are picking up a lightly used SPR for 1100.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a rock solid rifle, and I bet that with a bit of bargining, you could get it down to 1100 or so.. Hell, I just got a Bowflex Ultimate for 200 bucks.. This economy is a buyers market. </div></div>

No way you are picking up a lightly used SPR for 1100. </div></div>
Are you talking an A1 or an A3? I just did a google search and found one for 1200, and one (with a scope and rings) for 1500. Both were old listings (one from 2007 and other other from 2010), but I dont see why if you play your cards right you would find deals any different now. Assuming you can get 100 off with haggling, I am pretty sure you can hit the $1100 mark for an A1. Now an A3 you are right, those are significantly more..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread needs more pictures. </div></div>

LucyandBuckonlanding008.jpg

Not quite stock but close.
Like other SPR's, its a shooter! I have a Savage 223 AI that shoots lights out but this one will out shoot it.
I like how robust and solid they are. Like a tank.
They are smooth too.
Mine is still not all that heavy.

A month ago I picked up an A1 for 1100.00 with rings and two extra mags. We split the shipping. There was a two day negotiation to complete the deal. This is a buyers market.

Here is the package I am looking at.

FN SPR A1
"custom" muzzle brake
Nikon tactical scope
badger rings
harris bipod
100rds FGMM
unknown brand drag bag

2000 bucks "firm"

I just bought a used FN A5M SPR, & I love it. It's like driving tacks.

Taking it all in with the extras that is not a great deal but I think its fair. There are SPR fans that will not thread for a brake for fear that the chrome lining may be damaged. but that is value. The scope is it one of the 6 or 7 yr old tactical (pre monarch)? If it is that is a great scope! Worth between 6 to 700.00. Rings are valued at min. 125.00. Bi-pod 80.00. Adding up fair value of extras and you are at 1100.00. SSO good luck and great shooting. As stated earlier if you get it and miss- it was not the rifle!