• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ops Inc dealer recomendations

msromike

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2008
Aurora, CO
I would like to purchase a 3rd model for my 700 5R mil-spec. Can anyone recommend a dealer who is easy to work with? Also need someone to do the machine work (make and install the collar) if the dealer doesn't have the capabilities.

Some of the dealers that come up when you Google only work by email or don't answer email. These things must really sell themselves cause it is hard to find info on them.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Ops Inc dealer recomendations

Tornado Technologies with do a great job threading your barrel. Try Major Malfunction as a dealer, the owners name is Bryon. He is a great guy to deal with. I have done a LOT of business with him.

Adco or Polite Society would be your best bet. MM does not sell Ops Inc stuff. In his words "they are over built..." whatever that means. I am sure that Adco, APA, GAP or Ops Inc. can profile the barrel for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adco or Polite Society would be your best bet. <span style="color: #FF0000">MM does not sell Ops Inc stuff.</span> In his words "they are over built..." whatever that means. I am sure that Adco, APA, GAP or Ops Inc. can profile the barrel for you. </div></div>

Not Correct.
He does sell them. They are special order though. He doesnt stock them normally, sometimes you get lucky and he might have one.

http://www.major-malfunction.com/maj_malf_5u_013.htm
scroll to the very bottom. He does offer them.

I dunno. When I called one time he was trying to push me to other lines of suppressors that he normally stocks.

OPS 3rd Model from <span style="font-weight: bold">ADCO</span> ...

<span style="font-weight: bold">OPS can and TAB cover</span>.
PR1-3.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">On .308 Rem 700 during training</span>.
PR-1.jpg

ADCO's 'smith will cut (<span style="font-style: italic">if</span> you want or need your barrel shortened) crown, profile, thread and collar your barrel, and the work is <span style="font-style: italic">excellent</span>.

<span style="font-weight: bold">ADCO link/contact info</span>:
http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_.cfm?inventorynumber=2020

Hope this helps.

cool.gif

+1 for ADCO's work. I bought an upper and a 12th from them and it's been great so far. Just a little upfront advice, don't expect to ever get them on the phone if you do call the shop you will get an answering machine with a message detailing their wierd shop hours. Steve's email communication is excellent and that is the best/only way to communicate.

I bought my 3rd Model M40A3 / M24 Heavy Barrel MBS from ADCO and was lucky to catch it in stock. Everything with the purchase went very smooth and I am currently waiting on the ATF to approve my transfer.

This brings me to something that can cause major problems. ADCO's website shows they sell the 3rd Model PSS. After talking with them on their forums on AR15, I found out they actually stock/sell the Heavy Barrel MBS. This is the model I wanted to begin with so it was no big deal. When I examined the suppressor that showed up at my dealer, sure enough it was the MBS.

So there is one thing I will suggest: do not have your barrel contoured until you double check the supressor yourself or make sure you verify with the dealer you are buying from which one they have. The contours are different thickness for the different 3rd model suppressors. Not sure how much problems you will have but if you base your contour on ADCO's site then get the MBS suppressor, the contour will not be correct.

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for a 3rd model too. Let me know if you have any luck. Need one soon, I think my rifle is almost done at GAP and I don't have the can. GAP will do your profiling. They did someone I talked to and the can fits great. Tornado does awesome work but they had one of my barrels for like 9 months. My only 2 experiences hope this helps.

FYI.......per my conversation last week with Ron at Ops Inc they no longer build the PSS 3rd Model in .308. They only build the larger, heavy barrel 3rd Model in .308 BUT as long as your barrel is at least .860 in diameter at the muzzle or can be cut back to a point that's .860 ADCO can profile and collar your barrel for the heavy barrel model. Based on that I had Ron put me on the list for one for my Rem 700 5R......and I may go ahead and get 2 since they're hard to get.

Wiley,
You went straight to OPS INC? I bought my 12th from Mark at Polite Society, but noticed they didn't have the 3rd model listed. Did he give you an idea on time?

Yes, I called Ops Inc and spoke to Ron. I'm gonna call him again in a few days and see if the run of 3rd Models is finished.

Try to email Mark at Polite Society. He generally will respond asap and is a straight shooter when it comes to availability. Good advise from all mentioned. Good luck