• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optic for 300blk build

30calDeath

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2010
North Idaho
Gathering the parts for a sbr 300blk build. I bought an ACRO P2 that I was thinking I could use possibly in conjunction with a LPVO maybe a 1-6? A 1-8 maybe a little much...

What optic(s) would you go with on a build like this?

I'm running an EOTech 512 (no magnifier) on my 10" .300 BLK build. I'll probably swap on a Vortex Spitfire 3x or 5x Prism optic down the road, but for now, it's still pretty dangerous out to 200 yards with 220 subs. 😏

EBA69C45-DB20-4B3A-AD8B-5B9BAB1D8A0E.jpeg
1767F416-9C63-456A-9E50-19DEE2E1D513.jpeg

I have a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24mm EE on my .300 BO. Mine isn't a SBR but I mention the Swaro because it's really light weight (albeit long) for a LPVO which would be my main concern on a SBR, all else being equal. On a SBR I'd probably be looking at the shortest, lightest, high quality 1-4x I could find if I needed a scope. I've had good luck with a Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4x but would consider the Steiner P4xi. If I really needed a 1-8x for a SBR it would be a NF NX8.

Reactions: 30calDeath
Vortex viper pst 1-6 Sfp . Have 2 of them -liked it so much. Have prism 3x on 7” 300 sugar weasel

Hopefully an all around gun. Truck/back pack and maybe some hogs one day? Will be shooting 100% suppressed if that matters.
Well I went through several LPVOs on mine, up to and including Khales but I was never fully happy until I got the Razor Light Hunter HD in 1.5-8 with the G4 BDC reticle.

Now this gun does NOT typically serve a self-defense role, but it certainly is used to fill my freezer full of meat and I appreciate the slightly larger objective than an LPVO would provide at dawn and dusk. Also the G4 reticle is one of the most visible and fast reticles I've seen that's not illuminated and the scope is crazy light at 13.4 ounces.

The only downside is it is 1" tube and on .300 Black that's not really a downside it's just that finding decent cantilever mounts is difficult.

2020_1005_18125600.jpg

Hopefully an all around gun. Truck/back pack and maybe some hogs one day? Will be shooting 100% suppressed if that matters.
In that case, definitely an EOTech Holographic, Vortex Spitfire Prism, or Holosun red dot... Maybe toss a 3x magnifier on it, if you have the stretch... If i had the money, I'd order a 5x for mine.

In that case, definitely an EOTech Holographic, Vortex Spitfire Prism, or Holosun red dot... Maybe toss a 3x magnifier on it, if you have the stretch... If i had the money, I'd order a 5x for mine.
Eotechs are ugly as sin and we all know looks are EVERYTHING lol.

I mean I have an Acro P2 sitting in a Scalarworks 1.93 qd mount or I could get another T2. I'm still trying to avoid Holosun for personal reasons even though the Ruger 22/45 mk4 Lite I'll be getting I might get a Holosun to try out.

Eotechs are ugly as sin and we all know looks are EVERYTHING lol.

I mean I have an Acro P2 sitting in a Scalarworks 1.93 qd mount or I could get another T2. I'm still trying to avoid Holosun for personal reasons even though the Ruger 22/45 mk4 Lite I'll be getting I might get a Holosun to try out.
They might be ugly, but It'll still get the job done... 🤷🏼 At least, that's what I always tell the ladies... 😏

Seriously, they might be ugly, but they do have the rep they do for a reason...They're taugh. I've beat mine around for almost 15 years, and it's still holding strong, other than some new batteries on occasion. I have no complaints with my old 512...

Well I went through several LPVOs on mine, up to and including Khales but I was never fully happy until I got the Razor Light Hunter HD in 1.5-8 with the G4 BDC reticle.

Now this gun does NOT typically serve a self-defense role, but it certainly is used to fill my freezer full of meat and I appreciate the slightly larger objective than an LPVO would provide at dawn and dusk. Also the G4 reticle is one of the most visible and fast reticles I've seen that's not illuminated and the scope is crazy light at 13.4 ounces.

The only downside is it is 1" tube and on .300 Black that's not really a downside it's just that finding decent cantilever mounts is difficult.
While I try not to recommend CCP scopes, I have found the Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 to be a very good FFP optic in this category, it is currently on my SPR build. The scope plays a very similar role as your Razor light hunter albeit being a FFP optic is quite a bit heavier.

For years my 300BLK with 9.5" bbl that mostly shoots subs (220 pills usually) has had a Sig Romeo4S RDS and a couple years ago I added a 3x magnifier. Recently I picked up a Sig Bravo5 with 300BLK reticle but I wasn't completely sold on the package so have waffled whether or not to incorporate it, the issue with prism optics is their short eye relief and need to mount so far back to get a good sight picture, but I love how clean the glass is on this particular optic (usually the blue cast of Sig optics drives me nuts, but this optic does not exhibit that) and also the massive FOV which for 5x is around 29'.

Point is there are a host of optics that could work with 300BLK, finding what works for you is the challenge, a lot depends on your intended purpose...

View attachment 7993934

I have had good success with that reticle, but then again I am biased.

I have a couple of different 300Blackout guns. All are set up to take thermal clip-ons if needed.

Honeybadger has Vortex UH-1 on it, typically with a 3x magnifier, or with Photonis monocular behind it for HD role.
Another AR built around 10.5 inch barrel that is mostly used for hunting currently sports the very same Razor HD LH 1.5-8x32
Mini Fix has March Shorty 1-8x24.

ILya

Reactions: Burdy
The leupold 300blk reticle 1.5-5 works superbly. I have 3. Gonna list one up on tacswap here soon. Don’t have as much time to shoot

You can get a US Optics 1-8x24 at Euro for $370 if you are on a tight budget.