• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optic repair issue

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
Just to preface I did damage the optic and that’s not in question. This was not the manufacturer’s fault, at least not that I could see.

The issue is how long of a wait for an optic repair is acceptable ? We are talking, what I think of, tier one manufacturer

I was opening the safe and rifle fell over the optic bending the housing between the turret housing and the bell.

Optic went to manufacturer 4 months ago. Recently was told they’re waiting on parts and not sure when will it be repaired. Should I just chill and wait ? This manufacturer has been very good to me about CS in the past

Thx

Is this optic from one of the manufacturers that will repair or replace the scope regardless whose fault it is? If so, then 4 months seems like a long time to be without a scope and I would be inquiring more often.

However, if the company does not have one of these ironclad warrantees then you are at their mercy and have no options but to wait them out or retrieve your scope un-repaired.

If the scope has to go over seas it can take a while, if it's here in the states I would raise a ruckus. I appreciate you not wanting to bash the manufacturer but some mfr's reps are here on the Hide and if you share who the mfr is we might be able to put you in touch with someone who can help get things rolling a bit quicker for you.

I prefer not to mention them, I have hope they’ll make it right. In the past they’ve always had.
I never even asked for the repair to be for free, like said it was my fault, but is a little off putting what I was told.
Their rep is on the hide, and I’ll leave it at that

I prefer not to mention them, I have hope they’ll make it right. In the past they’ve always had.
I never even asked for the repair to be for free, like said it was my fault, but is a little off putting what I was told.
Their rep is on the hide, and I’ll leave it at that
No problem and good to hear the rep is on the Hide, I would recommend you PM that individual. I've only had warranty issues with Vortex and Schmidt and Bender, and both took just over a week to get my scope back to me, I highly recommend these companies for their outstanding CS and turn around time.