• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss S5 issue

selers

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2023
us
Hello everyone! I just joined this community. I recently purchased a Zeiss S5 and was planning to replace my old S3 with it. However, today I noticed an issue: the calibration lines on the S5 turret are not aligned properly. After consulting some information, it seems like this might not be normal. Attached are some photos I took for your reference. Could you please help me check if I need to exchange it or send it for repair? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8351.jpeg
    IMG_8351.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8352.jpeg
    IMG_8352.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 80
Hello everyone! I just joined this community. I recently purchased a Zeiss S5 and was planning to replace my old S3 with it. However, today I noticed an issue: the calibration lines on the S5 turret are not aligned properly. After consulting some information, it seems like this might not be normal. Attached are some photos I took for your reference. Could you please help me check if I need to exchange it or send it for repair? Thank you!
You just spent $4,000 on a scope and are unaware that the elevation turret free-floats and is indexed using several set screws that can be loosened and then tightened back up once you line up the numbers and lines?

Is this a serious thread?

Reactions: Stoweit
Have you actually zeroed the scope yet? The turret may have slipped a little, causing the marks to not line up.

Review page 26 of the manual.

https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/c...anuals/riflescopes/en/manual-zeiss-lrp-s5.pdf

View attachment 8400842
Thank you for your response. I have performed the zeroing test according to the manual, but besides the initial '0' alignment, whenever you rotate the turret, the alignment always deviates slightly. Because Zeiss's zeroing mechanism is different from other brands, after loosening the two TX8 screws, only the vertical movement is allowed while the horizontal still produces a clicking sound. My understanding is that the spacing between the clicks during horizontal rotation is fixed.

You just spent $4,000 on a scope and are unaware that the elevation turret free-floats and is indexed using several set screws that can be loosened and then tightened back up once you line up the numbers and lines?

Is this a serious thread?
Hi, buddy! After loosening the two TX8 screws on the turret following zeroing, it can only move vertically, and when adjusting left or right rotation, it still produces a clicking sound. My understanding is that the left-right click spacing of the S5 turret is fixed and cannot be freely adjusted.