• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optics From ExpertVoice

OutThere

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2020
Anyone here deal with ExpertVoice? I'm contemplating an optic purchase.

The company that you‘re buying from on ExpertVoice will dictate the experience.
I’ve used EV to buy Vortex and Bushnell optics. No problem with either purchase.

I just picked up a Cronus BTR through ExpertVoice a little while ago. No problems at all and had it within a week or so.

Same here, good experience but I will say that much of the time, you can get better deals through Hide dealers.
I agree and I usually support the guys that support us here. It was less this time.

Last edited:
All good ... bought stuff on ExpertVoice from Vortex and Adams Arms and always got a huge discount and fast delivery. Brands are limited, but if the brand is there, the prices are always cheaper than anywhere else.

All good ... bought stuff on ExpertVoice from Vortex and Adams Arms and always got a huge discount and fast delivery. Brands are limited, but if the brand is there, the prices are always cheaper than anywhere else.

The vortex discount was 40%. However, it was 40% off of MSRP which made stuff still more expensive than places like Liberty Optics. The athlon discount works the same way, but they are listing the Cronus BTR (APRS Mil reticle) at $1199 which is cheaper than Cameralandny by a $100 but they collect sales tax and charge $18 for shipping which makes the prices comparable. YMMV

Reactions: punishere5
Yes, personally ordered optics from Trijicon through expertvoice got a 12+ week lead time

The vortex discount was 40%. However, it was 40% off of MSRP which made stuff still more expensive than places like Liberty Optics. The athlon discount works the same way, but they are listing the Cronus BTR (APRS Mil reticle) at $1199 which is cheaper than Cameralandny by a $100 but they collect sales tax and charge $18 for shipping which makes the prices comparable. YMMV
Never shopped Liberty Optics ... I'll have to give them a look. My best comparison is usually Big Daddy Unlimited. That said, I've (a) graduated to Leupold, and (b) get their Veteran VIP discount, which is amazingly cheaper than anywhere online.

Never shopped Liberty Optics ... I'll have to give them a look. My best comparison is usually Big Daddy Unlimited. That said, I've (a) graduated to Leupold, and (b) get their Veteran VIP discount, which is amazingly cheaper than anywhere online.
Leupold always had a program for Active Duty and LE, but did not offer the same for Vets, are you saying they now have a program for Vets?

Leupold always had a program for Active Duty and LE, but did not offer the same for Vets, are you saying they now have a program for Vets?
Yup ... Emailed my DD-214 as proof, and they activated me within 24 hours. Savings are the best of any other program.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I bought two Vortex optics the past month tried to order from ExpertVoice for a month before and they were always out of stock. They said a email would be sent when stock was available. After waiting a month with no reply I ordered from another source received the Vortex Mil discount and free shipping to boot. Two months now and they still have not sent a email. NoviceVoice from my experience.

I bought two Vortex optics the past month tried to order from ExpertVoice for a month before and they were always out of stock. They said a email would be sent when stock was available. After waiting a month with no reply I ordered from another source received the Vortex Mil discount and free shipping to boot. Two months now and they still have not sent a email. NoviceVoice from my experience.
For Vortex, Scott at Liberty Optics is your best bet, plus you're supporting a Hide vendor.

No idea....it showed up but I had to take a 4min module to "become an expert" to unlock it.
That's usually what I have to take as well, when I click on Leica it talks about affiliates, maybe you have better affiliates ;)

What do you like about each?

I've been a Leupold can for the last 20yrs. I understand there was a spell of issues but their VX3 line has always been top of the hunting scope arena IMO in glass quality and brightness for the price point.

Although different, I like the turrets on both.

Glass quality inn the Leica should be about as good as it gets.

I've never shot a tree reticle...I don't think I want something super busy or heavy/bold. Something that is there and useable but not covering and cluttering and too confusing to use. The CCH and Leicas reticle seen like I could get along with them well. Maybe completely wrong.

Leica is illuminated. Not needed but nice to have. If I went 7-35 illuminated CCH I believe it climbs in price pretty good.

I'd like the 30 or 35x... The extra magnification isn't needed for most PRS shooting...but I'd use the rifle for more than PRS.

I'm just torn. I think I'd be happy either way. Kinda waiting to hear more on Leupolds reticle in the works.

Yes. Leupy gives the discount to retired. Not sure about vets. I have been buying lots of Leupy. Expert voice never has the items in stock I want.

Yes. Leupy gives the discount to retired. Not sure about vets. I have been buying lots of Leupy. Expert voice never has the items in stock I want.
Leupold now extends the discount to all Vets that can prove service. I got my status from them, and I left the USMC at 16-years ... four short of retirement.

I have used ExpertVoice on three occasions for optics a Bushnell Spotting Scope and an Athlon Ares ETR and a Cronus BTR. All shipped within a couple of days the Athlons I believe shipped the next day. Strangely enough both companies are only about 15 miles away from me. I believe the Athlon founders are Bushnell Alums. Leica is part of ExpertVoice at least for me. Just now just 2 scopes listed.