• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optimal stock for off-hand shooting - your recommendations please

ManUtdManiac

MOS 9999 (unlucky cocksucker)
Banned !
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2020
    Hey all,

For shooting 6.5CM in an Origin action, 24" M24 barrel, with a DBM which stock would you recommend that is NOT mainly for PRS/NRL matches? I also would like to be able to put a RimX in the same stock (not the same one, just a replication).

I want to shoot these for fun and the occasional local match so I want prone, off-hand/slung and the barricade stuff. I will not be using this with a dozen puff pillows and throws and shag rugs... :)

I'm thinking something that has an adjustable shoulder piece for cant, height and LOP. So far the obvious candidate is an AI chassis but wondering if there's others I'm not considering.

Cheers,

I'm using an American Rifle Company XYLO chassis for my NRA Highpower rifle. It's pretty easy to adjust the stock between stages.
    I added the 3D printed riser on the bottom for a little additional height in standing and sitting. I wish I could move the butt plate to the side a little bit, like with my Eliseo chassis, but this is still really good.

To clarify, the butt plate on the XYLO moves in/out, up/down, and it rotates left/right a few degrees.

Attachments

• 2020 match rifle 02.jpg
      2020 match rifle 02.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 84
    Reactions: jameydan
    Have a look at the XLR Chassis. Their stocks are adjustable...with a wrench.
    My AICS and other AI platforms that I've shot fall short for true off-hand style shooting.
    My preference for off hand specific stocks comes from years of shooting High Power. I prefer a flat, wide fore-end with a channel for a slider /thumb catch and a decently rigid sling attachment point.

THat Xylo seems to fit the bill. Wide forend, full length anschuts rail, highly adjustable rear stock...

One of the new Manners PRS-TCS stocks seems like it would be perfect for you. Only thing that kills is lead time currently. 😅

I have a 24" Medium Palma barrel on a KRG X-ray, and that feels fantastic - it balances perfectly in my opinion. The Whiskey-3 might be able to better balance the M24 profile.

Reactions: acudaowner
    One of the new Manners PRS-TCS stocks seems like it would be perfect for you. Only thing that kills is lead time currently. 😅

I have a 24" Medium Palma barrel on a KRG X-ray, and that feels fantastic - it balances perfectly in my opinion. The Whiskey-3 might be able to better balance the M24 profile.

What's the weight on your 24" med palma barrel?

I'd say anything adjustable would be good for offhand shooting. Maybe don't go super heavy, but that's a personal preference.

The KMW Sentinel works well for me. The forend just in front of the mag well comes down and is a good place to put your offhand.

I had an AICS AX and it was also comfortable offhand. It drops down just in front of the magwell like the Sentinel and other AICS.

For offhand I actually really like the Magpul 700 stocks...might be worth a look

Reactions: E. Bryant