• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Options for 6.5 CM Tactical Ammunition

This probably does need to find its way to the mil/le section. There's more to selection than just external and terminal ballistic performance, unfortunately. The testing needs to have been formal and documented and the manufacturer supplying on a contract or through an LE distro program, because their testimony may be required at a legal proceeding. I understand it doesn't shake out that way for many departments, but that doesn't make it right or defendable. I'll just PM you from here.
Here you go…

147 ELDM…. LEO:

Covers penetration, different types of armor, etc….

It’s also a lot better in the wind: even with short engagements of under 100 yards.

And that it’s effectively, got the ballistics of a 300 win mag….
Not terminal ballistics, besides in an LE scenario most engagements are less than 50 yards. You MIGHT find yourself in an engagement beyond 200 yards, but justifying lethal force beyond 300 yards may become problematic

Reactions: RRW
I'd take a real look at the varmint bullets as they won't exit.

A 110 on a boar. If you read, the guy says,"Took my time waiting for the right shot, expecting the varmint bullet to do significant damage within the first 8 inches. A post shot necropsy was performed and there was extreme damage to the neck fat/tissue/muscle and the spine was found broken. The bullet did not penetrate / exit."

You likely do not need a heavy bullet that gonna to come out the other side.