• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Options for getting AI skins painted?

Mr_Happyface

Huge Dork
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2006
Can't really say I'm all that excited about the new style AI skins. The green seems a little more bright green than O.D. and it just doesn't have the same look that I used to like.

Because my hunt for legacy skins (folding AWSM with spike if you have one) is coming up dry I might as well paint them.

I suck at painting, so I'd rather have someone else do it. Any ideas?

I sucked at painting, but bought some Krylon and tried. It turned out very well! I get wows from guys who have seen a few painted rifles. Give it a shot, if I can do it, you can do it. Start dark and work to lighter, then touch up with green. you will be GTG.

If you go on Buses FB page you will see several skins done by him (a few are mine) and he does excellent work at a great price. I was a Krylon junkie for years and years but after sending a set to Custom Gun Coating I felt it was worth every penny. I use my rifle as a work tool so its in the field 6-8 times a month between training a call outs and the skins are running on two years old and held up without more then a few scratches. I would have had to hit it with another does of Krylon 3-4 times more by now. And it would not look half as polished. For a decade I was one of the "working gun, don't have to be purdy" guys but once I ponied up and had him do a set for me I was sold. Why not have both function and beauty? Hell we always try to marry women that combine function and beauty and I spend a whole hell of a lot more time with my fingers on my rifles then my wife so WTH?

Sully