• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Oregon Maximum # of Tags Allowed

BigNoise

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2011
Lower Columbia, OR
I was wondering, what is the maximum # of tags/species that one would be allowed to purchase/hunt in Oregon? I'm talking general and controlled hunts, rifle, muzzleloader, and bow.

It's been a few years since I've hunted back home, and even then, I only hunted one elk season and one deer season per year. I couldn't find any answers on the ODFW site.

I will be getting out of the Army in a couple years, and I'm planning on doing nothing but hunt and fish for a few months, before I start school.

Re: Oregon Maximum # of Tags Allowed

Hey big noise,

Your answer. It depends from year to year. Reason being is that there are some years that extra tags are released (varying from unit to unit) because not enough animals have been killed. You may get one elk tag, and be able to apply for another. My neighbor just did that this year. Generally speaking you wont be able to bow hunt elk, then rifle hunt them. Same for deer. I hunt with bow and rifle so I feel your pain in that regard. I am also an Oregon resident and hunter.

Thanks for your service brother and Semper Fi!

Re: Oregon Maximum # of Tags Allowed

Thanks man. I kind of figured that it was one hunt per animal per year, in most cases.

I guess I can apply for some nonresident hunts in WA, ID, or MT if I can't get my fill at home.