• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Origin firing pin backing out

INgunner54

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Anybody have an origin firing pin that continues to back out of the cocking piece? I've had it happen several times causing light primer strikes. I've pulled the two set screws, degreased both threads and added loctite then tightened everything back up, but the problem persists.
I'll reach out to bighorn this week, just figured I'd ask here first in case anyone had an obvious fix I'm missing. Thanks

Is the firing pin set screw going down into the proper divot in the firing pin? My TL3's all have a defined indent drilled into the firing pin threads that the set screw goes into. There's no way the firing pin can back out, unless your set screw were to back out first.

@Zermatt Arms should be able to get you squared away though.

Is the firing pin set screw going down into the proper divot in the firing pin? My TL3's all have a defined indent drilled into the firing pin threads that the set screw goes into. There's no way the firing pin can back out, unless your set screw were to back out first.

@Zermatt Arms should be able to get you squared away though.
Hmm. If the pin has a divot I've never noticed to be quite honest I've never looked. If that's the case it could very well be my issue. I'll look here in a few when I can get a minute away from the crotch goblins.

Yep had it happen to me. The problem continued, so Ray ended up sending me a whole new firing pin assembly. Don’t worry you’ll be taken care of. Zermatt has the greatest CS I’ve ever dealt with and that’s why I’m loyal to their brand.

Yep had it happen to me. The problem continued, so Ray ended up sending me a whole new firing pin assembly. Don’t worry you’ll be taken care of. Zermatt has the greatest CS I’ve ever dealt with and that’s why I’m loyal to their brand.
Yeah I've had really great experiences with them so far as well.

Had a chance to look at the pin. There is no divot. I can see where the threads are boogered a little where I've run the set screw down into them, but definitely not a divot. I cleaned everything again and put some more thread lock and tightened everything down. I'll touch base with bighorn this week and pick their brains.

Had a chance to look at the pin. There is no divot. I can see where the threads are boogered a little where I've run the set screw down into them, but definitely not a divot. I cleaned everything again and put some more thread lock and tightened everything down. I'll touch base with bighorn this week and pick their brains.
Ray will take care of you and do it quickly. Best CS out there, bar none.