• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Original M4 Specs

Groundedclk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2007
Tilton, New Hampshire, USA
I am looking to get the original specs of a M4 build. I am not looking for the extended 14.5" barrel with pinned flash hider. I am looking for the specs on the NFA M4.

I am looking to get Eagle's Sigma III M4 bag, to carry it and my other gear. As well as topping the rifle with a ACOG TA31RCOM4.

Re: Original M4 Specs

You already have them. 6 specific components to the GI M-4.

1. A flat top upper w/ M-4 feed ramps.
2. 1/7 twisted tube.
3. A2 flash hider.
4. Chrome lined barrel.
5. 6 position butt stock (unless you want an early 4 position)
6. A2 pistol grip

That's it.

The M-4 MWS (Modular Weapons System) was pretty basic. The correct add on's and "authorized" add on's will cost you.

FWIW unless you are looking for a correct piece for a military collection there are a whole lot better options out there to build a 14.5" AR w/ a "fun switch".

Cheers,

Doc

The barrel is the piece I was trying to really get correct, because I was looking at a couple different pieces and they stated they work with a M16M4.

So the twist of the barrel is 1/7(thank you doc), and the length is 14.5" with A2 FH bringing the length to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groundedclk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the length is 14.5" with A2 FH bringing the length to?

</div></div>

I think it ends up at right around 15.25" ish as the FH must be indexed so there is some variation in the final length depending on the amount of crush / peel washer used.

Cheers,

Doc