• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Original MB Precision 40X Repeater Conversion

The potential of these actions looks very promising - best wishes in your work towards getting them fully developed & in production. Am really looking forward to fitting/chambering a custom Benchmark or Krieger to one & compare it to my jelrod-converted 40X repeaters.

I'm anxious to get one in your hands Flat. The basis of my conversion design (used by Jelrod) is at the heart of this action, with a lot of modern day additions. Pricing will be announced Aug 1st, shipping end of Aug. Keep an eye on the Vudoo Gun Works FB page.

MB

Will do - have had several inquiries from shooters who've seen my 40X repeater at 22RF PR matches. They want to know where they can get an action for a conversion/build, and there were no really good answers - until now...

Sounds good Flat. Not only is the V-22 a true-to-scale repeater (full rifle builds, actions and barreled actions), but it resolves a number of issues that have plagued the mid lock up design from the beginning....more to follow.

MB

This is water torture Mike, give the people what they want!!! ;)

Tagged for the unveiling, can't wait to see the new action.

LOL, I know Guy, I didn't intend the drip torture....Just another week or so....

MB

Last edited:
These are absolutely gorgeous actions.

No one builds stuff better than Americans when allowed to do so.

Be nice to see a return to a classic target shooters rifle, blued/parked steel in solid classic hand oiled walnut with a heavy checkered butt plate.

If only..........

Last edited:
Aw heck. 10 days gone and only 2 more pics.......
tomorrow will be here soon enough......

lookin good though.

Can't post pics of a action assembly yet, but will very soon. Pricing has been announced on our FB page and it's worth mentioning that Vudoo Gun Works is building Match Rifles for with the V-22 action for Lapua to be used at NRA World Championships 2017 in September.

MB

There are a lot of details in this project that have to be a part of the overall development. To design and develop a complete system has to include all the tools used for process control. Here are just two of the many tools developed to make all this come together. Because we can turn, thread and chamber barrels to a spec and have them on the shelf, ready to be married to an action, we have to have a way to validate the spec, the first tool is the digital headspace gauge (the stub is the calibration standard):
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i64.tinypic.com\/nyw5de.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Once the barrel is machined for later torquing to a receiver, there has to be a way to torque barrel to receiver. The lug profile in the V-22 is rather unique, so a unique action wrench had to be developed. These wrenches will be available to anyone buying an action and doing the work themselves:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i64.tinypic.com\/2qm0rcl.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I'll post more pics as I step through some remaining administrative details.

MB

Last edited:
Man even the tools are beautiful.

I so wish I had skills, I am so inadequate.....

Last edited:
Doing barreled actions also, haven't released pricing for them yet, but will soon.

MB

Last edited:
Yer a butthead...... The boys are turnin blue, quit the teasin already!

look forward to the rest of it. I dont have FB so I will have to wait a bit for some of the info.

Btw, that stuff looks pretty awesome, cant wait to see the complete setup sir.

OMG, yer killin me, LMAO

Just completed the pricing structure for actions and barreled actions, I promise we're close PH.

MB

Im trying to avoid cleaning 3 bathrooms between loads of laundry and there is still no full pics.......

Cool pics so far, just love bustin your chops about the slow trickle....

very curious about price for a BA

I've got two 40X repeater conversions (or will have - the 2nd one shipped from jelrod's shop this past Wed.), so am pretty well set up as far as 22RF trainers/precision rifles are concerned. However, I'm always looking for an excuse to build another custom 22RF rifle. Hard to imagine not wanting one of these new actions to base another PR on, even if it means I'd have to sell one of my 40Xs to fund the build.

I've put off doing a 40X build for a long time, mainly because I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go. This looks good and could be the best route. I'm looking forward to the pricing on the barreled action as well...

One of the main reasons I have not dropped the money on a 40X build is not being able to find a donor action. A barreled action may be just the ticket!

Ben

I'd like to know how many of the old ROTC 40X & XB rifles the CMP sold back in '04-'07 have already been converted to repeaters using Mike's mag well cut & magazines, vs. how many of them are still in their original SS target rifle configuration. This is a relatively recent development, and I'd guess more of those old rifles were cannibilized for the actions as the basis for 22RF BR builds than have been converted to repeaters. No matter what, the number of 40X RF actions available is limited, as collectors have surely still got quite a few of the CMP 40Xs stowed away, and are likely to keep them that way. The availability of the V-22 action should result in a flood of excellent 22RF trainers/precision rifles being built.

Thanks for the support Guys and, especially the patience with me drip feeding pics; I'm anxious to share action and rifle pics and will be doing so very soon....from all the testing and validation, I can guarantee big smiles when you run the bolt on this action.

I spoke to Jonathan late last week and between what he and I together have converted, we're talking A LOT of 40X repeaters out there right now.

MB

Along with the actions, glad to be making these again:

jq5f87.jpg

MB

Reactions: HogsLife
I am actually holding off from buying a nice Jeep (as a toy) because of this action, I am looking forward to getting the full details!

I am actually holding off from buying a nice Jeep (as a toy) because of this action, I am looking forward to getting the full details!

JB, how about I do ya one better. Are you available this weekend? I'll drive up to ME and you can shoot one. Lemme know, we'll see if PMCLAINE is available to join us.

MB

Last edited:
Damn Mike, what an offer!! I would love to take you up on it but I'll be out of town for my daughters state track meet. Very cool man, very cool!

Damn, I had to regret too.

Headed to North Conway Friday for the turf part of vacation. Wellfleet the next week for for the surf part.

An unbelievable opportunity squandered for our families......I hope they appreciate our sacrifices, one day in June should probably be a week.

No worries Guys, I guess I'll have to use all this Center X and SK all by myself, but if the families win in the end, it's a good sacrifice. Let me know when you get back....

MB

Last edited:
Speaking of SK ammo - I found a lot no. of Rifle Match back in June that shot better than any of the Center-X I tried (tested 8 lots of it), and did so in both the Benchmark 3-groove on my 40X, the Krieger on the 40XB, and in an Anschutz 2011 that was very nearly NIB that I bought on Gun Broker last fall. Grafs had just 2-1/2 cases of this lot #, and were running a dealer special, with free shipping & insurance - plus they had Rifle Match on sale. Talk about hitting the jackpot...

Mike I am very much so looking forward to the new action! FWIW I have an excellent Anschutz 1827B (non- Fortner 54 match factory repeater) that was an Olympic rifle back in the late 80's-early 90's that is just sitting in the safe waiting on a new barrel and to be fit & bedded in my 1907 stock. It will pull double duty as a 50m prone rifle with a single shot follower installed and my scoped precision 22 running out of the excellent Anschutz mags. Out of all the 22lr repeaters I have owned my Sauer 200TR and this Anschutz have been the best / smoothest / most reliable feeding rifles I have seen. I have been dragging my feet on the new barrel b/c I am so busy with my mountain bike racing but just before you mentioned you new action I started gearing up to get the ball rolling on the rebuild. It is as of your announcement back on the back burner, and my be up for sale in the very near future!

I have been wanting to get one of your actions ever since the 605 was brought about, and been very close on the 40X conversion several times. I am so happy I have held off thus far. I cant wait to get the details on the final production run!

Mike I am very much so looking forward to the new action! FWIW I have an excellent Anschutz 1827B (non- Fortner 54 match factory repeater) that was an Olympic rifle back in the late 80's-early 90's that is just sitting in the safe waiting on a new barrel and to be fit & bedded in my 1907 stock. It will pull double duty as a 50m prone rifle with a single shot follower installed and my scoped precision 22 running out of the excellent Anschutz mags. Out of all the 22lr repeaters I have owned my Sauer 200TR and this Anschutz have been the best / smoothest / most reliable feeding rifles I have seen. I have been dragging my feet on the new barrel b/c I am so busy with my mountain bike racing but just before you mentioned you new action I started gearing up to get the ball rolling on the rebuild. It is as of your announcement back on the back burner, and my be up for sale in the very near future!

I have been wanting to get one of your actions ever since the 605 was brought about, and been very close on the 40X conversion several times. I am so happy I have held off thus far. I cant wait to get the details on the final production run!

Thanks, JB, glad to hear it. Actions are running as I write this, pricing (actions and barreled actions) to be released tomorrow (8-10).

MB

Hey, thanks alot for posting that link! You just made a boring weekend into an exciting one. I didn't know about this club and it's less than 5 hours drive for me. Time to get out the 1827F and put it to good use.

Glad you're going to make it Steve. I won't be there as I'm building the rifles to be used at the NRA World Championships in September.

MB

IMG_3234.JPG

Spent some time after the match last weekend to shoot a group at 50m. Wind was gusting from 0 to 5-8 in an on/off way that pushed them a bit. Rifle really likes that Center X.

That's been my experience with Center X as well. We'll be shooting a lot of it at the NRA World Championships....

MB