• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oryx Bipod has launched!

Interesting. Price is good. At first blush it looks like it may be more sturdy than the Magpul. If initial reviews are good I may pick one up.

Only downside I see is that I haven't seen any QD systems for bipods that work as well as the Harris/LaRue setup I've been running for awhile now.

How does the swivel stud attachment work? Appears to be pinned with a screw, but can't really see based on the one picture on website

Curious to see how it works out

Is this more sturdy that the carbon fiber model you sell?

Its very comparable.

Nice work MDT. Definitely a market here for you. Curious to see how this will compare to the Magpul.
Thank you!
curious what adapter someone makes to use an ARMS17 hole space mount
There will be more attachment points come in the future.
How does the swivel stud attachment work? Appears to be pinned with a screw, but can't really see based on the one picture on website
It has a sliding pin and then its tensioned via the nut underneath.

-Anthony

Is there a simple and low profile way to attach this to a short picatinny rail on a hunting rifle? The ADM mount has been the go-to, is there a lower profile option?

I have already ordered 2 for my two Oryx chassis. I have an LSS Gen 2 a Harris. But I imagine I could get the Oryx bipod to fit on there.

I have a Magpul on my Windham Weaponry R16SFST-308 (AR-10.) And a Magpul PRS Gen III stock. But that bipod has become kind of loose. It is an MLOK handguard, so, I might also try the Oryx bipod on that. The ones I ordered are for MLOK.

Is there a simple and low profile way to attach this to a short picatinny rail on a hunting rifle? The ADM mount has been the go-to, is there a lower profile option?
Right now, maybe not, but more mounts will be added over the next little while!

-Anthony

In for some future reviews

I'm guessing as currently sold, this should fit most any M-Lok rail of the right length? Or is there something more specific about the Oryx that this is dedicated to?
Yes, as long as you have two full M-Lok slots inline with each other, it will work.

-Anthony

Reactions: Yondering
So is this meant to give competition to the Magpul ones at the similar price point?
I think Oryx (MDT) is going to make life hard for Magpul. I have a Magpul bipod and it gets loose and floppy on you. The Oryx does not.

I think Oryx (MDT) is going to make life hard for Magpul. I have a Magpul bipod and it gets loose and floppy on you. The Oryx does not.
Sounds like you have an Oryx bipod? How is the rigidity compared to the Magpul or a similar sized Harris? (9”-13” I guess?)

Reactions: Mike 556
Sounds like you have an Oryx bipod? How is the rigidity compared to the Magpul or a similar sized Harris? (9”-13” I guess?)
I find the rigidity to be good and the lock works really well. No wobble like you get with a Harris. I don't think it is going to 13". I should measure. Normally, I am shooting the rifles off a towel on foam on an ammo case. Out hunting, I usually rest it in the Y on top of a tripod.

I find the rigidity to be good and the lock works really well. No wobble like you get with a Harris. I don't think it is going to 13". I should measure. Normally, I am shooting the rifles off a towel on foam on an ammo case. Out hunting, I usually rest it in the Y on top of a tripod.
do you have the sling swivel mount version? can you use a sling still with the bipod attachd or you have to remove first?

do you have the sling swivel mount version? can you use a sling still with the bipod attachd or you have to remove first?
I did not have bipods before on my Oryx chassis. So, with the MLOK of the forehand, I chose the MLOK bipods.

On other rifles with traditional sling studs, I have used Harris.
The Magpul bipod I have on my AR-10 is wobbly.

Reactions: tacoman69
I did not have bipods before on my Oryx chassis. So, with the MLOK of the forehand, I chose the MLOK bipods.

On other rifles with traditional sling studs, I have used Harris.
The Magpul bipod I have on my AR-10 is wobbly.
thanks it doesn't look like it but i will give them a call monday to confirm

Mdt confirmed you cannot attach a sling to the sling swivel mount version if that matters to any hunters out there

Mdt confirmed you cannot attach a sling to the sling swivel mount version if that matters to any hunters out there

That does matter to me, was considering this for an old hunting rifle. Seeing how I gave my nephew the one Harris I had.

I have attached a sling to my Oryx by getting the M-LOK and sling stud combo from Amazon.

Reactions: Modoc
I have attached a sling to my Oryx by getting the M-LOK and sling stud combo from Amazon.

I think you are referring to attaching a sling to the oryx chassis? That seems like a great option. My issue was if I get the sling swivel version of the oryx bipod, the bipod takes the sling swivel and no way of attaching sling. Some bipods that use a sling swivel you still can attach a sling but not this one apparently

Reactions: Ronws
I think you are referring to attaching a sling to the oryx chassis? That seems like a great option. My issue was if I get the sling swivel version of the oryx bipod, the bipod takes the sling swivel and no way of attaching sling. Some bipods that use a sling swivel you still can attach a sling but not this one apparently
You are right, I misunderstood. Sorry about that.

I was thinking in another direction for a bipod, but am interested in this one. I also have many hunting rifles with a single stud and went with this from Caldwell.

I have the Tikka UPR and it has two sling studs and I just put this bipod on the swivel stud closest to muzzle break and I can still use a sling no problem. This bipod is strong also. No wiggle. Shooting for first time tomorrow. But seems strong and rigid.

Is there any fresh feedback on these now that they've been out a while?
@MDT_OFFICIAL in August, you mentioned that more mounting options are coming. When can we expect a pic rail mount?

Is there any fresh feedback on these now that they've been out a while?
@MDT_OFFICIAL in August, you mentioned that more mounting options are coming. When can we expect a pic rail mount?
We do not have an eta on other mounting options. However, we may look at it in the future, no timeline yet.

We do not have an eta on other mounting options. However, we may look at it in the future, no timeline yet.
I have a question that is probably stupid. I just looked really quick and did not see it, though I can be blind in one eye and not see too well out of the other eye, as in, I miss stuff all the time. Is there an MDT tripod? And would it fit both the LSS gen 2 chassis and also the Oryx?

I have a question that is probably stupid. I just looked really quick and did not see it, though I can be blind in one eye and not see too well out of the other eye, as in, I miss stuff all the time. Is there an MDT tripod? And would it fit both the LSS gen 2 chassis and also the Oryx?
No problem at all. At this time, we do not offer an MDT Tripod.

Can anyone with the sling swivel version of this comment on how stable it is? I just put an At-One stock on my 10/22 and it has 2 sling swivel studs on the forend. I'd like to get a bipod for it. I'm not crazy about the Harris bipod and this looks like a good alternative.

Is it a solid attachment to the sling swivel stud? Does it matter if the forend is flat or rounded?

Thanks.

Can anyone with the sling swivel version of this comment on how stable it is? I just put an At-One stock on my 10/22 and it has 2 sling swivel studs on the forend. I'd like to get a bipod for it. I'm not crazy about the Harris bipod and this looks like a good alternative.

Is it a solid attachment to the sling swivel stud? Does it matter if the forend is flat or rounded?

Thanks.
I just picked one of these up. I like it so far.
It has a slightly cradled interface that has rubber like grippy stuff on it that should work well on either rounded or flat forends, as long as they aren't super narrow. It has a knob to tighten it down, so you can snug it up as much as you like. I used mine all weekend and it didn't move or come loose at all.

Reactions: cuz
How solid are the legs?
I have a Magpul bipod. I'm running for the weight division of NRL. I need something more sturdy than the Magpul.

I don't have a Magpul to compare to.
There's a tiny amount of forward and back play in the legs when deployed. There's also a tiny bit of additional forward and back play added between the main leg and the extension as you extend them. I can't really perceive much side-to-side play at all. To be clear, this "play" I describe is not flexing of the legs, but movement at the joints where it must be allowed to move by design. The legs themselves are pretty stout.

Reactions: tyrider427