• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZiaHunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2012
    Southern NM
    After many years finally drew the once in a lifetime on-range Oryx tag. The range is less than an hour away and I am the last one in our group to draw this tag. January Rhodes Canyon hunt. Should be fun.

You are a LUCKY man!!!

--great tag, I'd say good luck, but unless you don't go, you'll get one!!

Congrats!

My hunting partner took a 36" bull on range in January, he said it was a pretty tuff hunt.
    Congrats and Good luck, hope to see a full report of your success posted.

I went a few years back but it was early hunt in Rhodes Canyon and do not get caught up running around following the dust clouds of guys following each other as these Oryx have been hunted for a lotta years and not stupid! Used to be very high harvest rate but it has gone down which being from that area you know about this rate. My best hunting was around the Lava Fields not hunting in a bumper to bumper line as you will see it happen and do not do it! You will have better luck out by yourself and do not listen to everyone preach where to shoot these critters as a spine shot up close will work just as well as a forward low shoulder vitals shot! Great tag and Congrats as it is a blast but it is a fast hunt, actually 2.5 days which is plenty of time ya just gotta catch them in the rite areas and they know where they are less pressured! I drew first time I put in for it and shy to tell too many as I have talked to locals that have applied 15 years in a row and have yet to draw! They also have more than just this OIL hunt they have depredation and broken horn as well as I am think about a depredation hunt soon! Good luck as it's a blast !