OTB Ferdelance boots

chosen_karma

Karma 6
Minuteman
Re: OTB Ferdelance boots

I have a pair of the ODHIN OTB's, good piece of kit ! They work great in waterborne operations and do pretty good on land, quietest boot I have come across,(swift, silent, deadly) lightweight, durable, have noticed some stitching starting to fray but Ive had them for several years, in and out of water. Downside is they smell... I don't know if it has to do with the material and being in and out of water, but shit they smell ... I don't know...maybe its my feet... I had a pair of the Ferdy's but didn't like how they felt, and I have wide feet, so I ended up going back to my Oakleys. Didn't have them long enough to give a good or bad review, hope it helps.

Chickeneye

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2009
Cleveland, OH

i was considering those a little while ago, but went with the desert lites instead. i really like them, definitely good boots. only had them for a few months so cant say much about the durability.

i do believe us cav still has the ferdelances on clearance for 50 bucks though, hell of a deal.

Shelly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
NJ

Thanks very much for the replies..
How is the fit..?
True to size or do they run small or large.. Wide or narrow..?

shooter6.5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Bedford,Texas

I have the desert lites and they are great. They need to make their boots in a wide cut also. Length is great. width is tight. Wearing them for a day or so is OK. Any longer and my feet feel the tightness in the width.

Chickeneye

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2009
Cleveland, OH

yes they are a little skinny. fortunately i have skinny feet. other than that they are pretty true to size.

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY

Anyone wear the Bootistan? I ordered some, hoping I got the right size! How do they hold up?

Chickeneye

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2009
Cleveland, OH

i really wanted the bootistans, didnt wana spend the coin though. mine are holding up fine so far, only had them a couple months but have worn them every day. the desert lites are really comfy and super light.