• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

other ar,s

winterhorse290

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2011
please don,t stomp me into a mud hole but, in the last year i have purchased a highstandard ar and a windham for my wife. both seem to be quality made guns with a really good service department(had a barrel issue on the highstandard, back in a week). any comments on these two rifles?
thanks

Re: other ar,s

You own both rifles so are in a better position than most to render an opinion. Tell us about your experiences with and observations of the rifles. Otherwise you will likely get a lot of 'You should have bought a ____________!' You will probably get that anyway...

Re: other ar,s

thanks, had a problem with the highstandard. was keyholing at 25 yards. sent the upper in, back in a few days with new barrel. shoots fine now. more accurate than i am. the windham shoots like a house on fire and i love the single stage trigger. breaks like glass. bought both after doing some research. i know high standard is not the same as the old company, but the price was right and after hearing more good than bad about bushmaster and that windham was started by former employees, i got one of those for my wife. i like the turn around on repair for high standard and the full lifetime warrenty on windhham. would love a colt, but i,m paying that kind of money for a name. looks to be everybody is using a few suppiers to produce lowers and uppers. the guts are the differece.

watch your 6