• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OTS Heat stoke OPEN August 27,28,and 29

Re: OTS Heat stoke OPEN August 27,28,and 29

Travis & Crew
Special thanks for putting the match on. Check is in the mail to join the Oklahoma Tactical Association. If this grows it will provide insurance for the landowners and the guys shooting, this way we can shoot more matches like this in the future.
That was a very challenging match. It was great and I am looking forwards to next year. With the wind at 90 deg we were sometimes holding 4 mills (12ft) at the longer ranges to compensate for the wind. Great food. Great guys. Sunshine with a nice southerly breeze. With that said I would have to say this was the toughest long-range precision match I have ever been to. But Matt Perry has a very morbid sense of humor by saying he "just loves them diamond targets". Yes they are pretty and in a way cute but if you’re slightly off on elevation or windage your large 1 moa target gets very small very quick. Although he did promise to take me prairie dog hunting when he finds some blind enough for me to get close enough so I could hit them. I have my hopes up. The best part of the match for me was watching the first 7 guys pick up there prizes knowing they were all shooting Surgeon Actions. And I think there were 8 in the top 10 shooting Surgeons. Don Johnson picked up $4000 and a Night Scope. Dean Morris picked up I think $3000 etc. Travis said he is going to post scores and equipment list. I just want to thank you guys again for a very fun and interesting 3 day match and I am looking forwards to seeing you and shooting with you guys again.

Travis and crew ran another great match. I would like to thank the 20 or so guys and gals that set these 3 ranges up and ran the match you guys did a outstanding job.

And a big thanks to all the sponsors that was a awesome prize table and would not have been possible without your support.

Now maybe I can learn how to shoot before next years match

Big thanks to all who worked so hard to make this thing happen and run smoothly. VERY challenging match. I really wish the conditions wouldn't have been so terrible so we could see what kind of scores people could have shot. When the winner only comes up w/a little over 600 out of 1400(I think), you know it was tough!!! All in all a great match run by some good people. Thanks again and look forward to it next year!!

ALRIGHT HERE IT IS SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.

1. DON JOHNSON, SURGEON ACTION,KREIGER BARREL,B&S STOCK,LEUPOLD OPTICS AND LARRY MORRIS GUN SMITH. RF ZEISS

2. DEANO MORRIS, SURGEON ACTION, BARTLEIN BARREL, KMWLRS STOCK,
NIGHTFORCE OPTICS AND JOHN BEANLAND GUN SMITH. RF ZEISS

3. MARK CARR, SURGEON ACTION, BARTLEIN BARREL, MCMILLAN STOCK
NIGHTFORCE OPTICS AND MIKE BRYANT GUN SMITH. RF SWARO

4. JUSTIN SHIREMAN SURGEON ACTION, KRIEGER BARREL, MCMILLAN STOCK, NIGHTFORCE OPTICS AND JOHNSTON GUN SMITH. RF SWARO

5. CECILL REEVIS AKA RICK REEVES, SURGEON ACTION, KRIEGER BARREL,MANNERS STOCK,VORTEX OPTICS AND DMFG GUN SMITH. RF VECTOR

6. PRESTON PRITCHETT, SURGEON ACTION, KREIGER BARREL, MCMILLAN STOCK, S&B OPTICS AND SURGEON GUN SMITH. RF SWARO

7. MR. JERRY NEWMAN, SURGEON ACTION. KREIGER BARREL, MCMILLAN STOCK, S&B OPTICS AND NEWMAN PRESICION GUN SMITH. RF VECTOR

8. DALTON ERNST, REMINGTON ACTION, BARTLEIN BARREL, B&C STOCK, LEUPOLD OPTICS AND LARRY MORRIS GUN SMITH. RF SWAROS

9.RYAN THOMSEN, REMINGTON ACTION, HART BARREL, MCMILLAN STOCK, NIGHTFORCE OPTICS AND MIKE LUCKETT GUN SMITH. RF LEICA

10.B.J. BAILEY, SURGEON ACTION, BARTLEIN BARREL,MCMILLAN STOCK, VORTEX OPTICS AND JOHN BEANLAND GUN SMITH. RF ZEISS

11.SHAE PROVINCE
12.TODD FEILDS
13.JOHN SOMMERS
14.JIM PAUL BROWN
15.BRUCE GORDON
16.ADAM ROBERTS
17.WADE STUDEVILLE
18.MIKE LUCKETT
19.SHANE HERMAN
20.EDDY CLARK
21.KEITH TOLLES
22.MICHAEL KERRIGAN
23.SHANE MCLARY
24.TANNER VANZEE L.E.
25.WYANE ALLEN
26.BEN BURROWS
27.SQUEEZER COLE
28.JACK FOLEY
29.CLINT BRIGGS
30.TYLER WHALEY
31.RICK JENSEN
32.LYNN ALEEN
33.CALEB PATRICK
34.GREG BEAUCHAMP
35.SID YODER
36.ZAC BOYD
37.REX PENRY

Just wanted to say thanks to all the sponsors. I had a great time at a really challenging shoot. Next time I hope I learn to shoot and Travis learns to spell my name.

MDK

LOOKS RIGHT TO ME MICHAEL, AND I WISH YOU THE BEST ON THAT LEARNING TO SHOOT THING.. SEE YA NEXT TIME CALL IF YOU GUYS WANT TO COME SHOOT WITH US ON PRACTICE DAYS.

Nice edit!
smile.gif

Let us know what's up with the practice days. I bet all of us would be in.

I would like to thank the competitors and sponsers of the Heat Stroke Match. Even though the scores didn't show much, everyone involved brought their "A" game! The targets were tough to begin with, and when we were blessed with a little breeze, the excitement just went up. I know there were some hurt feelings, but anyone who even connected with one of those little dudes has earned braggin rights.

As far as the sponsors go, my my, talk about stepping up to the plate! The prize table was absolutely incredible! Many thanks to all. Surgeon actions had a really good showing, Nightforce was well represented, as were Vortex, Manners, barrels of every breed, Berger and Sierra bullets. The sponser list was as long as my leg, so I do apologize for not having all of them listed, but you are not forgotten.

The landowners were great and we all owe them a round of applause and a huge heartfelt thank you for their generosity and hospitality. Thanks to all for making this event one of the greatest yet.

Bryce Matthews
OTS
Heatstroke Range Crew

Great match and very much appreciate all the hard work that went into putting it on as well as the sponsorship of all those involved. Wish I had'nt wussed out Sunday and went and shot, but had far too much sun the two previous days. I don't know what kind of sunscreen Preston gave me Saturday, but I flat roasted my face and arms, maybe it was a special kind to alleviate competition early, as if he needed to worry about it. Next time I will ask him to borrow that cap with the side flaps! LOL.

I want to give a Big Thank You to Travis, Matt, Butch, all of the spotters & everyone else that helped make this match happen & also a Huge Thank You to All of the sponsors. This was by far the toughest one of these matches that I have ever shot in. The match was ran great, good food, great people & an Awesome prize table. Thanks Again!

A big thanks from me as well. Travis, Matt, and the whole range crew did a great job. You guys busted your butts long before we ever showed up in setting up the courses, gathering sponsors, etc.

A big thanks to sponsors as well.
It was a great match and extremely tough.
see ya next time.

Do Not forget Robert and Seth they hosted the first leg of the match and did a great job. This is their first major match.

To all those who either competed or hosted one of the three matches over the weekend, Great job!!!!! To the guys whom hosted the matches (Travis, Matt, Robert,and Seth) the courses of fire where awesome! To those who shot great job dealing with mother nature and the sadistic minds of the hosts. I look forward to the next match and as always, Travis, have a great day and thanks to all for the match!