• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Otter Creek Labs OCM5

Desert_Racer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2011
USA
Am I wrong in thinking these have just been released to dealers, or does someone have first hand experience with the Otter Creek Labs OCM5 (Ops Inc/AEM5 replacement)?

I just backordered one through Bauer Precision for my MK12. Seems like it should be a great can. I’m not a clonefag, so I don’t care that it’s not “correct.”

Am I wrong in thinking these have just been released to dealers, or does someone have first hand experience with the Otter Creek Labs OCM5 (Ops Inc/AEM5 replacement)?

I just backordered one through Bauer Precision for my MK12. Seems like it should be a great can. I’m not a clonefag, so I don’t care that it’s not “correct.”

These are very new.

@AndrewKing

Reactions: AndrewKing
Hey dude, thank you so much for your business! I own otter creek labs.
They’ve been in development for damn near a year. We started working on them in January of 2021. Did a lot of testing, prototyping, burn downs, etc. Then they started shipping to dealers about a month ago. Bauer are great dudes, love having them on as a dealer. They’ll take good care of you

Lots of places seem to have them in stock. Since the release. I’ve been waiting on my aem5 since may from capitol and still haven’t heard anything.

They’ve been in development for damn near a year. We started working on them in January of 2021. Did a lot of testing, prototyping, burn downs, etc. Then they started shipping to dealers about a month ago. Bauer are great dudes, love having them on as a dealer. They’ll take good care of you
Righteous, thanks for replying! I’m really excited for this can.

Is there any amplifying data you can give us on build specifics? I understand the baffle design is different from the AEM5? Any photos you can share with us?

Reactions: Orion1957
Righteous, thanks for replying! I’m really excited for this can.

Is there any amplifying data you can give us on build specifics? I understand the baffle design is different from the AEM5? Any photos you can share with us?
The only thing I can really say is we used the same baffle we use in the PR series of suppressors shown in PewScience testing and the testing ray at tbac has been doing. So it’s a solid proven baffle design.

Lots of places seem to have them in stock. Since the release. I’ve been waiting on my aem5 since may from capitol and still haven’t heard anything.
Last I heard AE cans were back ordered as much as 2 years. Other dealers have told me they’ve been quoted 2 years from AE

Last I heard AE cans were back ordered as much as 2 years. Other dealers have told me they’ve been quoted 2 years from AE
They had gotten a batch from May orders in early august. So i don’t think it’s that bad. But still I’m considering cancelling and going with OCM5. Would save 6 oz and i could file the stamp now. Which is the biggest deterrent for me. Knowing that I’m waiting all this time and the stamp isn’t even filed

They had gotten a batch from May orders in early august. So i don’t think it’s that bad. But still I’m considering cancelling and going with OCM5. Would save 6 oz and i could file the stamp now. Which is the biggest deterrent for me. Knowing that I’m waiting all this time and the stamp isn’t even filed
I’ll never tell anyone “don’t buy an AE can, buy our can instead”
AE cans are a national treasure. If you get the opportunity to buy one you should definitely buy one. I have one!

I just got really tired of seeing them going on gunbroker for $2000+
That’s not fair to anyone

I’m so excited about this suppressor! I might get one through Copper Custom while they’re available. Do you think there’s any chance of running 6mm ARC though it or is it strictly for 5.56?

I’ll never tell anyone “don’t buy an AE can, buy our can instead”
AE cans are a national treasure. If you get the opportunity to buy one you should definitely buy one. I have one!

I just got really tired of seeing them going on gunbroker for $2000+
That’s not fair to anyone
I saw on IG you were planning on doing a version of the AEM5-30 next year. Any chance of doing an AE30 version as well??

We are carrying the Otter Creek as well as the Allen AEM-5. Wait list is pretty short for Otter Creek right now. Andrew and his partner must be working 24/7, except I have seen pics of him shooting.

Feel free to check our Website.

Reactions: Orion1957
Second I get back to a state that allows them I'll be ordering one. If I could pay and have one waiting I'd do it just to support otter creek. Hint hint guys

i picked one up last week at @stockpile defense, picked up a new AEM5 for $900 about a month ago.

I’m so excited about this suppressor! I might get one through Copper Custom while they’re available. Do you think there’s any chance of running 6mm ARC though it or is it strictly for 5.56?
When I asked about that I was told "it will fit, but check alignment". I believe they also mentioned that they can't officially recommend it, since it is in fact a 5.56 can.

Edit - FWIW when I have the cash, I plan on buying one and using it on my 6mm ARC.

Last edited:
Reactions: HansohnBrothers
My OCM5 just showed up at my FFL yesterday. Plan on getting the paperwork done next week. Super pumped!

Reactions: longshot2000
My OCM5 just showed up at my FFL yesterday. Plan on getting the paperwork done next week. Super pumped!
A guy got his yesterday while I was getting a bunch of stamps back, he got his from Charlies Customers ...

A guy got his yesterday while I was getting a bunch of stamps back, he got his from Charlies Customers ...
I guess that is us. We are getting OCM5's every other week. while there are other bigger suppressor only shops, we specialize in Mk12 and other military correct riles, so we have signed up for a large allocation of both Allen and Otter Creek suppressors, both for our Mk12 rifles and also for customers building or who own Mk12 and RECCE and Gordon rifles.

Let me know if you have any questions, or how we can help you with your suppressor and other Mk12 rifle needs.

I guess that is us. We are getting OCM5's every other week. while there are other bigger suppressor only shops, we specialize in Mk12 and other military correct riles, so we have signed up for a large allocation of both Allen and Otter Creek suppressors, both for our Mk12 rifles and also for customers building or who own Mk12 and RECCE and Gordon rifles.

Let me know if you have any questions, or how we can help you with your suppressor and other Mk12 rifle needs.

Great to know you are in the SH community ... didnt know. I am just getting into Mk12s.

Do you know when the OCM5's will be available next on your site? I signed up for the emails but I'm not sure if they are going to my junk folder.

Do you know when the OCM5's will be available next on your site? I signed up for the emails but I'm not sure if they are going to my junk folder.

Looks like you found what you need, but signing up to be notified is best. We received OCM shipments every 2 or 3 weeks, and usually have a list we email to when ready. The supplier has been running a little behind their projections, but will be picking up soon. Nothing runs smoothly in the firearms supply chain recently.

We do send regular email notices, so make sure Charlies is not in your junk folder, for sure. :cool: . Our motto is that if we cannot help you with a suppressor, Hansohn is your next best choice. Good people.

We are also still getting Allen suppressors in, just not as many as fast, but they are gearing up as well. Good to have choices. The Mk12 platform and derivatives have become so popular. We also have barrels, muzzle devices and Gordon barrel kits.

@HansohnBrothers is super fast on processing orders and the form 3 went through fast!!! Thanks guys!!

Second that. I ordered Monday and form 3 was filed the same day. Approved and shipped out yesterday. I’ve gotten stuff from hahnson in the past but this is my first time buying a silencer from them. Will definitely be doing business.

Sent you a PM

how are the OTB adapters with these? any advantage to swap barrels and get the correct profile or just use the Otter Creek OTB? My gun shoots pretty good now, hesitant to go full re barrel if I don't have to to use an OCM5

Been real happy with this can, btw. Sounds great, looks great, great craftsmanship, light, and seems to have noticeably tightened up groups. I want another one.

Attachments

• 8F165EF3-E312-4952-A4A2-A8B2F1CDCAE7.jpeg
    8F165EF3-E312-4952-A4A2-A8B2F1CDCAE7.jpeg
    810.9 KB · Views: 2,955
  • 47C0DB70-5D7F-4CA5-87AE-8B826305409D.jpeg
    47C0DB70-5D7F-4CA5-87AE-8B826305409D.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 1,607
  • 9B759473-B83E-48E4-9B29-16D03780E0C4.jpeg
    9B759473-B83E-48E4-9B29-16D03780E0C4.jpeg
    532.9 KB · Views: 2,598