• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Our Buddy! PICS

Switchblade

muf kin poser
Minuteman
XXXXXX just sent these so I am posting them up so you can see what they are up to.

Here is XXXXX and his ride

Meandmytruck-1.jpg

XXXX's usual position behind either a M240B or a SAW

Myusualviewoftheworldfromtheturret.jpg

My 'Bro' on mission, 'Metalhead' EOD Forever MC

Meonmission.jpg

Doing the job after a strike. Some days you find them, some you don't. This was an RG 31

RG31hitbyIED.jpg

All of your support is greatly appreciated by these guys. They are out there earning every bit of that pay we are making sure they get!

Re: Our EOD Buddy! PICS

did that have solid wheels? or were the rollers positioned ahead of the vehicle?

Damn, that'll make for a helluva day! Switch, let him know I should have his knife finished soon. I hope it does him some good.

Man great pics! That must have been one helluva bomb to do that kind of damage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did that have solid wheels? or were the rollers positioned ahead of the vehicle? </div></div>The route clearance vics have rollers out in front. They usually set off any pressure plates and do a fair job. We used Caimans or Buffalos as our lead vic. RG-31's seem a little lightweight for the task, IMHO. We had a RG-33L that was for VIPs that we called the Bang Bus, because every time we went out on that thing we would get hit. We stopped using it after a while.

AXE- Some MRAPs over there have solid rollers in front to help detonate blasts and keep blast from ied's in front of the vehicle. But by the looks of that pic they set a pressure plate in front of the explosives so it would detonate under the vehicle.... Its scary how smart those lil taliban fuckers over there are.

I'll have to ask him about that. If it was the Buffalo I have only seen the back of the vehicle. If it was a bomb/moine roller then it has two rollers in front that will normally just bounce up a little from a strike, but to blow up any of th elarge R series armored anti mine/bomb vehicles that would take one hell of a big bomb, as well as a seriously high powered device if not directly hardwired to set it off due to the use of the latest Duke or other jamming devices(The large 'tube' antenna by Dave's right elbow is one of the jammers but looks newer than the Duke's we had in OEF VII.
Man, when he gets back for mid tour we are gonna make some serious good barbeque, drink sopme pappy van, and smoke some kiler cigars. I'll make sure he ain't straight for a month after he gets back
grin.gif