• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Outback 2 Man Tactical Match

Re: Outback 2 Man Tactical Match

Great match Geordie. Thanks to the RO's, sponsors, and shooters as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALARAK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geordie - thanks again for opening up your place to us, and putting on a great local match. It was fantastic. Had a GREAT day. </div></div>

Geordie,

What Falarak said. Was a great, fun match that moved quickly and your hospitality was generous!

Thanks again,

Marcus

+1 excellent job! Geordie and staff. Very well run and hospitable match.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALARAK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geordie - thanks again for opening up your place to us, and putting on a great local match. It was fantastic. Had a GREAT day. </div></div>

Geordie,

What Falarak said. Was a great, fun match that moved quickly and your hospitality was generous!

Thanks again,

Marcus </div></div>

Geordie, Sheldon and crew,

Thanks! I had a great time. Look forward to doing it again!

Monte

Thanks Geordie, It was a fun and quick paced match and except for that part where I shot poorly most of the day it was a ton of fun! Can't wait for the next one. Let us know what we can do to help you set it up.

Scooty

As everyone has said, great time and great match.

I want to apologize to my friends & sponsors for my lack of performance.
Many of you may not have noticed, but I certainly did.

Also, Dirk and I were noted as to having 7 hits on the 100yd pistol stage.
We actually only had 1. We did talk with Geordie to address the mistake. Fortunately we did not gain anything by this honest mistake, with over 30 seconds difference between our time and the next lower place.
With that being said we apologize for not making it known at time of announcement.

I did take a few photo's which I will post later today.
Thanks to everyone there, participants and RO's!!

Cant wait to see everyone at the next match.

P.S. sorry about the Moonpie....

Big thanks to Geordie, Huck and Sheldon for running all of us through a fun match. I really like the way it was set up so the RO's could run it with the rest of us.

Special thanks to DSG arms, Lone star guns and gear and everyone else that donated prizes for the shooters in this match.

Thank you Justin for partnering with my slow ass!

you Bastards.......

68f1e5fc.jpg

Well that didn't take very long! I guess the hang over is gone and found the clarity to get a new Benelli!

Big Thanks to Geordie and the RO's as well as the sponsors.

It was a great time and I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks Geordie for letting me be your partner and shoot at the best range in Palo Pinto county.

Photopunk...moonpie apology accepted!

OK,so first off, allow me to say thank you to Geordie, the match sponsors, my partner, and everyone there for making this a great experience. For those that took time and helped me out with advice and just talking to me and showing me the ropes, you all know who you are and I thank you as well. Alright, so for those that did not know, this was my first match. For those that have never been to this, go. It was great. I learned alot, and met alot of great people. I am going to run down a few things i learned from this:
1. Ask questions. Listen to the answers. Learn from those who are there and take their advice. It's usually pretty good. Pay attention to what the RO's are saying.
2. First time, go slow. Slow is ok, stupid is not. Don't be stupid. I will be taking my own advice on this one from now on.
3. Run what you brung. If you are worried about kit, don't be. I'm pretty sure most people there brought more than enough kit for themselves and had extra as well. And if there is something you need, there is almost always someone who is willing to lend it to you. Case in point: I was shooting shotgun, and was using my dump pouch to hold shells. I had no less than 6 people come up to me and offer to let me use their high speed belt shell holder thing. The only reason I said no was because I was unfamiliar with them and didn't want to break other's kit. For those that did offer, thank you. Once you see what most people are using, then you will be able to get that stuff for the next time. Get what you can, when you can. No need to be super high speed first time out, keep it simple.
4.Have fun, loosen up, go mingle. Go talk to people. Insert yourself into a group of people, politely of course, introduce yourself , let them know you are new, you will be surprised at how receptive they are and willing to share with you. You get to meet new people who interested in the same thing you are. Always a good thing.
5. Bring beer. Apparently this is a tradition I was not aware of. This will be corrected for the next time. I was upset to see no Shiner however. I will fix that.
6. Pay attention to the guys going in front of you. Watch what they do, learn from it. That will help answer alot of questions about the course of fire. On that note, if you have a question about the course of fire, ask it. No one gets mad at questions, they get mad at stupid. See number 2.

Again, thank you to all those that made this happen and all those who made this a great experience. I appreciate everything. Hope to see some of you again soon.

First off, a big thanks to Geordie for putting on the match.

I had a lot of fun and it was great to meet yall.

Does anyone know who was doing the video taping? I forgot the exact name of his company.

Thanks to everyone who attended. Thanks to the sponsors
Lonestar Guns Gallery & Gear
XS Sights
DSG Arms
Delta Outdoorsman ( Ceylon Blackwell) Always a good sponsor
Lonestar Armory
We had 32 shooters a good attendance,thanks to every one for being safe. The stages ran extreamly fast and most had a good time i think .
The next match will be posted in a couple of months. It will be an induvidual match , Multi gun based.
The guy that did the videoing was Bill Brock, the video is going to be edited and put together for you tube i belive. I will let everyone know when it is ready.
See You all at the next one. OUT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The next match will be posted in a couple of months. It will be an individual match , Multi gun based.</div></div>

Thanks, Geordie, for another fun match. I'm definitely good for two spots at the next individual match. In the meantime, I'll come visit you soon for some targets to practice.

Does Bill have a facebook page we could like or a website? I would like to try to support him and get his name out.

Thank you for asking! I do have a facebook page for my company but haven't done much with it yet. Let me pull it together and I'll get a link. As far as the video goes, my goal is for the end of the week to have something posted on Youtube. Now don't be upset if all of you aren't in it, as I had to get a few shots of everything to show how it went down...good bad and ugly. But if you all want, I could post the raw footage too.

Thanks to Outback Welding for putting on such a great day!

Took a couple weeks, but here's my Video. Thanks again Geordie!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1IshAmewcmo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1IshAmewcmo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude....you drink too much.................. </div></div>

What?
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BRADY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of head/helmet cam did you use?

Thanks for posting that up. </div></div>

Contour HD. www.contourhd.com

Working on a better mounting solution. I looked a little gangbanger with my visor on and turned at an angle to get the camera pointed right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BRADY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of head/helmet cam did you use?

Working on a better mounting solution. I looked a little gangbanger with my visor on and turned at an angle to get the camera pointed right. </div></div>
Nah man you were fine since that is what all the first tier tacticool operators do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mma989</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BRADY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of head/helmet cam did you use?

Working on a better mounting solution. I looked a little gangbanger with my visor on and turned at an angle to get the camera pointed right. </div></div>
Nah man you were fine since that is what all the first tier tacticool operators do. </div></div>

That's exactly right. Appreciate your back up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mma989</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BRADY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of head/helmet cam did you use?

Nah man you were fine since that is what all the first tier tacticool operators do. </div></div>

That's exactly right. Appreciate your back up. </div></div>
Us tacticool people have to stick together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mma989</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

Us tacticool people have to stick together. </div></div>

Gotta get you a visor brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mma989</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

Gotta get you a visor brother. </div></div>
Do you remember where you got it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mma989</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mma989</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THellURider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

Gotta get you a visor brother. </div></div>
Do you remember where you got it? </div></div>

Custom order by a friend. I can find out. Send me an email. my screenname at gmail

Well that DSG Arms watch cap I grabbed has been quite useful over the past week.

Photopunk or Wbill,

Do either of you guys have any photos or videos you could post?

_____Ready for the next match______

Have seen the video its awesome he will post a link shortly

Yes, the video will be posted shortly, its still encoding, then I have to upload it. I'm calling it more of a "Documentary" because its 31 minutes long, and for those with fast internet connections, you'll be able to enjoy it in HD quality. It has a lot of shooting and is hopefully good to show what 3-gun matches are like.

The video is great! That's how a match should be done. Geordie puts on one hell of a show.

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WBill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay here it is, may still be processing when you check the link but it'll be finished soon.

http://vimeo.com/19682964 password "weatherford"

I'll look forward to hearing what you guys all think? Enjoy!

Bill</div></div>
fucking awesome

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WBill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay here it is, may still be processing when you check the link but it'll be finished soon.

http://vimeo.com/19682964 password "weatherford"

I'll look forward to hearing what you guys all think? Enjoy!

Bill</div></div>
will it be up on the youtubez so we can show others? i don't want to use up your password limit

once again great looking video, i'm only part way through but it was really well done

Actually, I'll remove the password requirement, so feel free to spread it far and wide. What was it that you've enjoyed most about it so far? Thank you for the feedback!

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WBill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, I'll remove the password requirement, so feel free to spread it far and wide. What was it that you've enjoyed most about it so far? Thank you for the feedback!

Bill</div></div>
More than anything I thought the production value was very high. The video also flowed very well and didn't seem as long as it was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WBill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, I'll remove the password requirement, so feel free to spread it far and wide. What was it that you've enjoyed most about it so far? Thank you for the feedback!

Bill </div></div>

I appreciate you not putting every stupid thing I said on the video. Every time I was talking about my hangover or webbed toed hookers you were sneaking in with the video camera.

We're putting an orange go-cart flag on you next time.

Ha ha, I know you said some doozies...and were best left out. I'll let Geordie see some of those clips, so he'll at least know what happened to his stash! ha ha