• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Outer Pistol Belt, Over Clothes

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
I’ve got a ronin belt that I’m happy with when shooting indoors or weather accommodates. In the peak of winter here and looking ahead at spring I need something that can go over clothing, be it insulation or rain protection. I will add a G-Code RTI for my pistol, probably use estac pouches again, a tactical tailor dump pouch and dark med kit.

So whats out there I should be looking at?

Hi,

Does the Ronin belt have Velcro on the inside? Because IF if does, this is what I run in the off chance I need to go over other gaments:

Just run the same belt.

Sincerely,
J-Ham

Yes it does have velcro on the inside but sizing over layers with it I don’t think is ideal. Its great for the environments I can use it but not optimal outside them

I have one of the g-code belts and bought the hsgi slim inner belt pad for when I need to go over clothing.

I’m just a little too big for a medium and on the small end of a large so I have quite a bit of room to play with though

I’ve got a ronin belt that I’m happy with when shooting indoors or weather accommodates. In the peak of winter here and looking ahead at spring I need something that can go over clothing, be it insulation or rain protection. I will add a G-Code RTI for my pistol, probably use estac pouches again, a tactical tailor dump pouch and dark med kit.

So whats out there I should be looking at?
Goto about 4:00 in this vid. He uses a Crye GunClip and a chest rig. May be easier to deal with vs a belt when factoring in heavy jackets.

Or maybe not. I have not tested it, nor have I tried a big belt over a jacket (not a big pistol guy).

Downside: must use particular models of Glock (only). But I have a Gunclip and it kicks ass, especially for suppressed pistol use.

Also, this guy uses a chest rig and a Serpa holster and mounts bear spray to it as well. I pass no judgement on the Serpa.

Vid one

Update

The Gunfighters Inc. Kenai Chest Holster also seems to get much love out there.

Been using a HSGI battle belt for a long time. Works great strapping over a heavy winter coat and the neoprene keeps the belt from moving around too much unless you are ninja rolling and stuff. Mine has held up well and can attach anything to it.

Been using a HSGI battle belt for a long time. Works great strapping over a heavy winter coat and the neoprene keeps the belt from moving around too much unless you are ninja rolling and stuff. Mine has held up well and can attach anything to it.
Do you end up needing suspenders? Hsgi seems like the logical choice for my gear and the training courses etc

I’ve never used suspenders. I’m sure if running and gunning they may help. I run a pretty minimal setup so it doesn’t bounce much when moving. I will add 3/4 of activities I use it for is just static holster work when it’s cold outside. Has never been a problem when I have moved around though. I think mine was 80-90 bucks ten years ago. Worth the cost of admission and they build really good stuff. Probably are some lighter weight options since then also.

Reactions: USMC22
I recently purchased a KORE belt. I cut the belt so that it is taken up all the way with thin summer pants. When wearing heavy pants with long johns, I just let it out a few inches. I like it much better than Velcro and even my best leather belts, especially with its big range of adjustment in 1/4" increments. So far, I'm impressed with it. JMHO

Is your belt compatible with suspenders? Maybe something like this when you're layered up that you can remove when you don't need it. Not too bad on the wallet too.

Reactions: USMC22