• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

over 200yd ranges in ct

good old lee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
ct
Dose any one know of any shooting ranges in CT that are over 200yds?
Im getting very tiered of driving 6 hours to go shoot 1000yds

Re: over 200yd ranges in ct

Go to the member link-up page and look for the "anyone in connecticut" thread. A few guys go shooting together there, I have been meaning to link-up and get shooting with them, but I have been plagued with work and family health issues. Where in Ct are you?

im up in the foot hills of litchfield county
but i shoot at high rock
whut part are you in if you dont mind me asking?

Ledyard Sportsman Club is 400 yards. If you want to drive up to Nashua, NH there is a 600 yard range at the NFGA.

thanks...i love ct, a surplus of eager shooters and no places to let the big guns stretch there true legs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: good old lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks...i love ct, a surplus of eager shooters and no places to let the big guns stretch there true legs </div></div>
+1 to that and a taxes so high it makes it hard to afford to go out and shoot. I live in north central CT, Enfield. Alot of my family lives up in the Litchfield area, if you bump into anyone with the last name Fisher up there. There are so many of them that I used to joke around that if I ever moved up there I would probably end up dating one of my cousins and not even know it.

i used to live in monroe,there is a 600yd range in the middle of the state....somewhere but i can not remember

contact rob01....he holds the keys to the kingdom

Hello GOL,,There's a 300 Yd Range available at the Springfield Sportsmans Club. You have to be a member though to use,,upside is there's not a lot of members and they always need new recruits as well.
Cost is less than 300.00 per yr,,then 90.00 annual dues. The Club property is actually in Monson MA about 6 Miles over the line from Somers CT..North Central CT..also no carry issues with transporting long guns,,magazine feed rifles may encounter interpretation problems though with curreny Mass laws...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AML50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello GOL,,There's a 300 Yd Range available at the Springfield Sportsmans Club. You have to be a member though to use,,upside is there's not a lot of members and they always need new recruits as well.
Cost is less than 300.00 per yr,,then 90.00 annual dues. The Club property is actually in Monson MA about 6 Miles over the line from Somers CT..North Central CT..also no carry issues with transporting long guns,,magazine feed rifles may encounter interpretation problems though with curreny Mass laws... </div></div>

Yeah I would want to take all my guns to the range with me, no state border jumping for me, never know what kind of idiot cop you will encounter in Mass., I have heard terrible stories about them. Thanks for the suggestion though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i used to live in monroe,there is a 600yd range in the middle of the state....somewhere but i can not remember

contact rob01....he holds the keys to the kingdom </div></div>

I thought Rob01 and those guys were shooting in Ledyard, and they have a 400 yard range. I thought Rob has said thats the longest in CT, I could be mistaken though.

One more option is the Hartford Gun Club located in East Granby CT,Near Bradley International Apt.

If you want to part with the coin ,this was 700.00 per year IIRC,They may have a 200 yd range, many other venues as well,
All the shotgun games along with IPSC, IDP,and Cowboy matches..

Plus a Cafeteria, and an Events Hall,,it's more like a Country Club....