• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Over/Under timeline before looting/breakins start?

I think we are actually in the 2nd or 3rd wave already, the first wave was probably Dec/Jan and the second wave was Feb

I think you’re 100% correct. I got a flu bug over Christmas while I was in Germany and it hung out for much longer than the normal flu.
Lots of congestion and headaches.

Most people I know in SoCal also recall having something similar that lasted longer than normal.

might have been the bug, might not, but destroying the economy over this is fucking retarded.

fuck the media and libs for inciting a mass panic

Get a backhoe attachment for your tractor. Just saying

There will invariably be some home invasions, as the hoodie boys are not particularly bright, but I think many will realize the probably of getting shot jacking somebody at a gas station or a grocery store parking lot are a lot less than when breaking and entering.
At any rate, if your state allows concealed carry and you have a permit, it would be a good idea to do so.

Reactions: TACC
There will invariably be some home invasions, as the hoodie boys are not particularly bright, but I think many will realize the probably of getting shot jacking somebody at a gas station or a grocery store parking lot are a lot less than when breaking and entering.
At any rate, if your state allows concealed carry and you have a permit, it would be a good idea to do so.

EDITED because i mis understood what you said....doing too much at one time. my bad.

Last edited:
I feel like a lot of people in this thread need to be reminded as to what justifies the use of deadly force in the US.
You gave a warning shot? You're going to prison.
You shot someone for breaking into your home? You're going to prison.

Opportunity.
Ability.
Jeopardy.
Not in commission of a crime yourself.

^^^If anyone is 'ready to go', but doesn't thoroughly understand what those above points are, then you aren't 'ready to go' anywhere except a prison cell. This is the responsibility part of deadly force. You should understand the differences between deadly force and physical force.

To add this in clear text: there is almost no location inside any US State that permits you to use deadly force against someone for breaking into your home.

I recommend watching some of the old Massad Ayoob videos if you want a reall well done, palatable explanation of these concepts.

Maybe where you live, but not the case here.

It is evident You dont know the law here, or in many other places. Fuck, in some places, you can cold smoke a motherfucker in public with no duty to retreat if you felt your life, or the life of someone else was in danger.

But EVEN IF it were illegal to shoot someone who unlawfully entered my home, that wouldnt stop me or much of anyone else.

P.S. massad ayoob is a twit. Never read much of anything of his that i agreed with. Combined with what you posted, i think you dont really have a clue as to wtf you are attempting to be an authority on. Best wishes.

I feel like a lot of people in this thread need to be reminded as to what justifies the use of deadly force in the US.

Opportunity.
Ability.
Jeopardy.

^^^If anyone is 'ready to go', but doesn't thoroughly understand what those above points are, then you aren't 'ready to go' anywhere except a prison cell. This is the responsibility part of deadly force. You should understand the differences between deadly force and physical force.

To add this in clear text: there is almost no location inside any US State that permits you to use deadly force against someone for breaking into your home.

I recommend watching some of the old Massad Ayoob videos if you want a reall well done, palatable explanation of these concepts.
O.C.G.A. 16-3-23 (2018)
16-3-23. Use of force in defense of habitation

A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to prevent or terminate such other's unlawful entry into or attack upon a habitation; however, such person is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if:

(1) The entry is made or attempted in a violent and tumultuous manner and he or she reasonably believes that the entry is attempted or made for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the assault or offer of personal violence;

(2) That force is used against another person who is not a member of the family or household and who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using such force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred; or

(3) The person using such force reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.

In other words, if someone has broken into my house, I'm legally permitted under Georgia code to use deadly force in defense of my home, property, and family. And I'm under no obligation to not defend it/them:

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-3-23.1 (2018)
  • A person who uses threats or force in accordance with Code Section 16-3-21, relating to the use of force in defense of self or others, Code Section 16-3-23, relating to the use of force in defense of a habitation, or Code Section 16-3-24, relating to the use of force in defense of property other than a habitation, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use force as provided in said Code sections, including deadly force.

EDIT: Oh and I'm pretty sure I don't have to give a warning shot or wait for them to get within 21 feet of me or shout "STAND AND DELIVER, SIR!" before I use such force, either.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to move to another state.

Opportunity.
Ability.
Jeopardy.

Opportunity.
Ability.
Jeopardy.

Wrong,... I know more than one who walked,..ask around.

Reactions: ShooterwithNoName
I heard today that a employee was sleeping at the store to keep his family from catching anything he might. Middle of the night 3 dudes broke in to rob the place. He shot one of them and the other 2 got away. The shooter has been arrested and the thug that was shot hasnt bee arrested or charged. What kind of bullshit is this?

The kind of bullshit that leads to Henry Bowmans...

You want Henry Bowmans? This is how you get Henry Bowmans...

That's great that a few of you know your state laws. Some states like Florida and Texas have their own funky laws, but what I mentioned above is common throughout most of the U.S. Here in Oregon, those are also the laws.

What are the laws in California then? That you can kill someone for breaking into your home? Is that the law, or is that just what usually happens? There's a difference.
It's written pretty plainly here so most anyone can understand it:

Castle Doctrine. Even extends to your vehicle in many free states. Somebody breaks in your home they are not there to drink tea....rational law assumes forced entry implies nefarious intent. I am 100% always in fear for my life and those of my family if anyone ever breaks in my home.

Reactions: Snuby642
Funny enough, my 300BO is loaded and ready...

i’m thinking that with all the unemployed people were very likely to start seeing crime.

A few years ago we were having home invasions and unemployment wasn’t even close this bad.

There can be a lot more to it than just someone breaking into a home. Breaking into a home and then coming at someone with a pry bar, is different than someone breaking a window with a rock, opening the door and then realizing someone is inside the room, and deciding to split.

It’s simple you just don’t shoot them when they’re running away...

Reactions: Snuby642
I like to leave a trail of money like a couple of $1's on the walkway followed by a few $5's on the porch steps then a $10 under the front door which is just cracked open and then a $20 on the foyer rug and that how you catch a thief.

That's kinda my point, which has been misconstrued... My point is that someone breaking into your home, in most places, on its own, is usually not justification for deadly force... Some places it is. Usually, there needs to be more to it, like them threatening you, or them trying to kick your bedroom door open while you're yelling at them and they know you're there.

unless you try that shit in Pennsylvania: just stepping foot in the person’s house is enough for you to be shot and killed.

That actually happened to a buddy of mine: someone went around the house trying windows, then took a screwdriver and somehow jacked open one of the windows. My buddy heard something, walked downstairs with a 45, and as the guy was coming through the window shot him point blank.

The only thing the sheriff had to say was that they liked it when they were open and shut cases.

Every state is different… You can’t do that in Maryland, but once you’re inside my house and I feel threaten for my life, you’re as good as dead.... provided you’re not running away from the house at a time.

Neither my wife or I can get into a struggle and expect to win at our ages.

Around here someone kicks in the door they are gonna be dead. Doesn’t matter if they wouldn’t hurt a fly. If they take the initiative to break in, they are gonna be shot in the front, back, side whatever, until they aren’t moving or breathing anymore. Cops will thank you for getting rid of the scum. More than likely won’t even have to go downtown.

Interesting
4. What is the Castle Doctrine?

The Castle Doctrine is a set of laws that applies to the situation when a person uses self-defense inside his own home.

Under this doctrine, there is no duty to retreat if a resident confronts an intruder inside his home.

In addition, the resident has the right to use deadly force (in self-defense) inside his home when someone uses force to break in.12

Under Penal Code 198.5 PC, a person is presumed to have a reasonable fear of imminent harm when someone breaks into his home.13
You've answered your own questions.

The student is now the master.

Now for story time:

during Hurricane Sandy a friend of mine in Pennsylvania lost power for about a week.

as you can imagine all sorts of criminal activity starting to take place when the alarm systems on various residents were no longer running.

my buddy is a machine gun manufacturer, it has contracts with the DOD and others.

when the ATF surveyed his home because he has a shop in the basement the agent indicated that “ If anyone ever breaks in here they better not leave with any of the weapons. You need to do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn’t happen.”

As a result my buddy sleeps with an AK-47 near his bed, a number of different types of handguns.

One night he hears some noise and he realizes somebody is out in front of the house and banging on his garage door.

He looked out one of the upstairs windows and sees a white panel van in the driveway. He finally realizes that there are about four people. ..and two of them are taking a pickaxe to his reenforced garage door.

He grabs his 22 with a silencer, and carefully walks down stairs to the 1st floor.

he waits until the guys at the garage door get into the garage and smash down the door to the mudroom.

As the first guy crawls over the smashed door he shoots him in the guts, and quickly does the same to the guy behind him.

He has the first guy wire tie the second guy, and the he closes with the first guy wiretieing that guy.

he basically told the that if they get annoying he’ll come back and finish the job.

he then walks out the back deck of his house around the front of the house.

his deck was in the process of being finished and there were some extra rebar pieces from where the welders had cut the rebar. He Indicates that the door was closed but the window was open in the panel van with the getaway driver sitting there waiting for everybody.

he smashes the guy in the face with the rebar pretty much knocking him out right away, not to mention alot of the guys teeth.

he wire ties that guy’s hands of the steering wheel, and goes back in to the house.

The fourth guy has a sledgehammer and is attempting to bash down a set of reinforced double doors. These doors lead into what is affectively the armory and a shit load of ammunition and closed safes containing everything from SAWs to an MG 34.

The guy apparently had a quick rhythm initially and then started slowing down as he continued to bash on the doors.

The doors were reinforced with 2 inch sliding steel bars that go into the steel reenforced concrete.

As the guy continues to bash. on the door, my friend slowly pulls the steel bars out of the way, and then waits for the doors to burst open.

The final blow happens, the doors burst open, and the guy enters the basement shop.

he gets shot three times in the guts with the 22.

my buddy zip ties him up and wait for the sheriff to arrive.

Given that all of the nursing homes in the area didn’t have power and there were so many calls to emergency responders, The sheriff was less than impressed with my buddy letting these people live.

you’ve got a love Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
The word "Force" is used. Is there somewhere in code that specifies "Force" to be only Physical Force, or to include Deadly Force? Because they're two different concepts. Force may mean Physical Force. Force may mean Deadly Force. There is a big difference between the two.

If you know the law thoroughly, that's awesome. If you're assuming that "Force" means you can use Deadly Force, and you aren't 100% clear on that, it would be worth figuring out exactly what it means.
If you'll note both the second line of the first paragraph and the Universal Citation at the bottom, you'll see that "deadly force" is referred to. On top of that, Georgia has both Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I think the laws in Oregon change when you cross the Cascades heading east. If someone breaks into your house in Portland, you're required to make them hot cocoa, offer up your wife and kids and curl up in a ball and whimper until they put you out of your misery. The police then come and take them for a hot meal and counseling for what you just put them through.

Reactions: Pbgt
State of Michigan, castle doctrine, to break it down simply. If they are inside, and I feel threatened, I am permitted to shoot. The sheriff I'm sure would appreciate if the waste of oxygen, stopped wasting it.

Right now, every rifle is loaded to bear. The AR10 just happens to have a drum. When it comes to criminals, I have one code.

Not my life, not my problem.

There's definitely a distinct difference between Eastern and Western Oregon. The two shouldn't be the same State.

Apparently there are huge differences between the PNW and Georgia. We have our own set of issues, but defending our homes isn't one of them. If anyone breaks in, I don't really care what the law is. I will defend me and mine, and take my chances with the sherriff. Mostly rural county in SE Georgia so I'm not really worried.

I would rather they say what an asshole I am than what a nice guy I was.

Edited to add, in Georgia if the shooting is justified, you are protected from civil suits.

Last edited:
I can add Tennessee as another state with a strong Castle Doctrine. It applies to your vehicle also. The assumption is that anyone making unwanted entry into your home is posing a deadly threat. Makes sense to me.

That's kinda my point, which has been misconstrued... My point is that someone breaking into your home, in most places, on its own, is usually not justification for deadly force... Some places it is. Usually, there needs to be more to it, like them threatening you, or them trying to kick your bedroom door open while you're yelling at them and they know you're there.

What damn planet you live on.

Shoot them in the face till you are out of rounds, no actual need to reload.

Call the number on your law shield card.
Follow thier instructions.
Do not say one damn thing to cops, not one tiney thing let lawyers call them.

Reactions: Bender
Why call ? It's not like the fucking tweakers are missed by anybody. Continue defending your family until the threat is gone, once it's gone make sure it stays gone .

Reactions: Steel+Killer
A local guy shot 4 people through the front door. Three died in the front yard and one was taken into custody 60 miles away.
No charge for the homeowner. They didn't attempt to break in. They knocked on the door and asked to use the phone at 10 at night. The homeowner looked out of a window and saw that one of them had an AK and he shot through the door with a 22 LR pistol.
I can add Tennessee as another state with a strong Castle Doctrine. It applies to your vehicle also. The assumption is that anyone making unwanted entry into your home is posing a deadly threat. Makes sense to me.
Small Town Tennessee.

Upside down has been standing on his head far too long.
Maybe his wife will defend him?

Reactions: MCSO1357
Inslee just extended the shelter in place order to May 6th.
Im cleaning and checking all my guns Saturday morning!!!

I'd like to not spend 20 years in prison because I did something that my State deemed inappropriate while defending my family after someone broke into my home. I'm going to defend myself. I'm going to do so in a way that both my conscience and my knowledge of the laws in my area guide. I'm not telling you not to defend yourself, or your family, or your property. I'm saying you should understand the laws you live with. Shooting someone for breaking into your home, without showing intent to harm you or another person inside is MURDER in most of the US. Some places have different rules, hence why I made my initial suggestion to know the rules where you live.

Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws differ in every State, and don't specifically address what I'm saying. Stand Your Ground, at its core, means you have no duty to retreat in public. Castle Doctrine, at its core, means you have no duty to retreat your own home. Many states that have these laws ALSO add other things to them in the same bill that created them, that provide different protections, such as what was noted above with quotes from Georgia's law. YOU should know YOUR laws.

You're a dumb fuck, a legitimate dumb motherfucker . I don't know or care what any law says about me defending my life and my family. When it comes to life and death, nobody cares about the law , not me , not the tweaker, not my family. Fuck anyone attempting to bring harm to my family, fuck them right in the face with 15 rounds of 10mm in particular. If that doesn't impress my opinion on the fucking fucks I'll step it up exponentially.

You come in here, with the attempted bold, chastising statement that we need to brush up on the law. Then you proceed to show your ignorance of the law and show cowardice. And THEN you have the balls to ask me “how so?”

Go back to libtardville. Aint no one buying the bullshit you’re selling. We know the laws, obviously way better than you. All you are doing is running your suck about stuff you obviously dont have the first clue about.

If someone breaks into my house, is it not reasonable to assume they have evil intentions? Short of deadly force, how do I defend myself from a 30 something? Im 68 years old. I'm certainly not able to engage in anything like a fair fight and expect to walk away the winner. My wife is 60 and small. She would have no chance. So, someone breaks into your house and your significant other and/or kids are there. Do you take a chance that you can end the situation with less than lethal force? Are you more scared of the sheriff than the bad guy? Are you trained in self defense to the extent that you believe you can defeat someone that may be bigger, younger, faster, stronger? If you can answer yes to all those, and several more questions, then I suppose you are capable of resolving the issue with less than lethal force. I can only answer "no" to all those, but I am a decent shot with .45. As I say, I'll take my chances with the sherriff over some meth head.
Better 20 years in prison than eternity in a hole next to my wife. Or even worse, I live and she dies because I did not protect her because I was worried about 20 years in prison.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

You know the laws for your state. That's good for you. Everyone should know the laws for their own state.
You asked what the laws were in my state. I gave you the answer to your question of "can you shoot someone that breaks into your home."

Your state, Oregon, also has the Castle Doctrine which you clearly didn't know. You should probably look that up because your original assertion of, "You shot someone for breaking into your home? You're going to prison" is wrong.

Have a nice day, enjoy your mental masturbatory efforts, and you're welcome