• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Overkill 300BLK Bolt Gun Project

Great rifle idea, gentlemen! And may I assume these things are also begging for a clip-on thermal?
Correct! One of the biggest drivers for my desire for a continuous top rail is for my clip on to easily go on and off with easy vertical alignment

The receivers are the same. The only difference is the bolt face diameter. If you are planning to use a detachable magazine it should work provided that the case rim overlaps the nose of the bolt sufficiently enough to ensure reliable feeding. If you load a magazine and insert it, just make sure you can see a portion of the primer when viewed from the rear. (Tangent to the 6 o'clock position of the receiver bore)

If you have that, it should run like shit through a goose.

Good luck.
Actually just called you guys today and spoke to a lady who was beyond helpful and knowledgeable. Sounds like you guys don’t have any actions for sale right now. I’m struggling to find a stainless rem700 223 bolt faced action. Any thoughts on where I might look?

Actually just called you guys today and spoke to a lady who was beyond helpful and knowledgeable. Sounds like you guys don’t have any actions for sale right now. I’m struggling to find a stainless rem700 223 bolt faced action. Any thoughts on where I might look?

My wife is the glue here, lol. I'd either be in jail or prison without her.

Ever since the Remmy supernova its tough to find M700 stuff. I have a small pile of LH stuff, but that's it.

Good luck.

Family Firearms shows 223 actions in stock. I built mine with a new 700 action and an old Remington 700 300 Blk barrel.

2OAifaD.jpeg

paw4LR3.jpeg

b8w2WQ6.jpeg
What barrel length did you and your buddy go with?

I want to go 7.5” or 8”, but the current barrel is a 1:8 twist so I am worried I need at least 8.5” or 9” to make sure I get 1 full rotation.

Also curious if SD will go to crap, not that I can’t fix that with some load dev.

I want to go 7.5” or 8”, but the current barrel is a 1:8 twist so I am worried I need at least 8.5” or 9” to make sure I get 1 full rotation.

Also curious if SD will go to crap, not that I can’t fix that with some load dev.
Yea I really am looking to go 8” 1:7 so I can still run supers without worrying about them blowing up. 1:5 seems great if you’re only running subs, but I’d like the flexibility. Too many people on here have cautioned that 1:5 will not play well with all ammo

Reactions: NHPiper
You’re gonna want the ability to run supers.
Why??

If I want to shoot something with supers, I will grab the 223AI or a 6.5CM. The Cadex Dual Strike alone weighs 7.4lbs before you drop in a barreled action, option, and suppressor. That is turning into AI AT-X territory. I am never going to lug that around to hunt with.

Or I grab the 300Blk AR15 SBR and run supers through that.

I mean, I guess you do you, but to me part of the fun of this build is shooting 500+ yards to push the limits of the cartridge and doing so with essentially no recoil and minimal noise.

If you’re only shooting subs then there’s no reason not to build this gun with like a 5” barrel and go to, say, a 1:6 or 1:7 twist.

Reactions: NHPiper