• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns OWB Leather Holster G19

Surly

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2014
USA
I’m trying to decide what owb holster to buy for CCW. I currently run a milt sparks versa max iwb but looking for something outside the waist band. I’m too fat for iwb and don’t want to buy new jeans/belt 😂

these do a good job, nothing too fancy:

i really like this holster, leather exterior with kydex interior, clicks in nice and real easy to draw

these do a good job, nothing too fancy:

i really like this holster, leather exterior with kydex interior, clicks in nice and real easy to draw

Thanks for the reply. Really just looking for an all leather holster

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check them out

I came across Horseshoe leather and really like them but it looks like his health has stopped him from producing at this time.

My favorite OWB is Milt Sparks 55BN, though many other leathersmiths make a similar Bruce Nelson design. The loop with rear belt slot holds tight and conceals as well as a OWB can.

Not much out there better than an MS and well worth the 24 wk wait
The BN is a nice rig...

Reactions: Surly
Garrett Industries is my favorite.

Super comfortable, pick the attachment that serves you best, or get a few for options.

Not that you really have to worry about the finish on a Glock but the leather lining is kind on guns.

Got bunches of them for field and concealed wear. Ive never owned an iside the waist band nor intend to.

Silent Thunder "Ranger" is what I buy.

Now that Milt Sparks has a online store, it's often possible to get immediate delivery of a few of the more common makes and models, of which the G19 is one. Paying a somewhat premium price, of course, for the convenience.

My favorite OWB is Milt Sparks 55BN, though many other leathersmiths make a similar Bruce Nelson design. The loop with rear belt slot holds tight and conceals as well as a OWB can.
I will try this one out. They are OOS at their dealers. Will call tomorrow morning and put in an order. Thanks for chiming in.

DeSantis makes one that looks somewhat like the Galco Concealable. But, for less money. Called the Speed scabbard.

I probably wouldn't have tried them but got one along with a pistol I bought & was impressed at the comfort & gun retention.

I have 3 now.

TTGunleather makes quaity holsters

5 shot leather is excellent quality, but I was told in Dec he'd start one for me and crickets since then

Ive owned a grip of holsters from well known holster makers including the ones listed above

TT for value

5 Shot for top finish

Check out Hidden Hybrid for IWB

not "nice show quality leather" but very effective for comfort and concealment

Last edited:
Im running a Versa Carry for my Shield. I will say upfront, that it is not the quality of those listed above, but it is comfortable, carries snugly, but easy to draw, and is affordable. You may want to pick one up to use, and then take your time deciding on what holster will work best for you. To be honest, thats what i did, but like the Versa Carry enough, thats what i run all the time.

I use these Bianchi holsters for a few different pistols, very comfortable OWB all leather and very reasonable.

Here is a pic of my Gen. 5 19
IMG_1299.jpg

I use these Bianchi holsters for a few different pistols, very comfortable OWB all leather and very reasonable.

Here is a pic of my Gen. 5 19
View attachment 7594674
how well does the belt pull the loops close in?

very tight fit to the body, the only other holster that fit as good for me was the TT gunleather and I wanted a thumb break
which Tim doesn't make.

the Galco Combat Master, Concealable Belt holster, or Fletch high ride holsters are all solid choices....ive run them all and they all work great.

if you want something custom, Mitch Rossen makes some of the best holsters ive ever used.

very tight fit to the body, the only other holster that fit as good for me was the TT gunleather and I wanted a thumb break
which Tim doesn't make.
Be careful with some of the thumb breaks that are thin/not wide. I recall 25+ years ago a friend had a Bianchi or other cheapie holster with a thumb break... I watched as he reholstered with the thumb break strap INSIDE the trigger guard as he put it in. The Glock 17 didn't go off, but it was a scary moment to watch. I stopped using thumb break holsters after watching that, though I would think a fat/thick thumb break would keep this from occurring, though you'll want it wide on both sides of the thumb break.

In leather (non custom) its hard to beat the DeSantis Mini Scabbard.
Winthrop Leather is an excellent bang for the buck.
In Kydex, There are too many to pick a favorite, but Cleveland Kydex is up there.
I used to recommend Dustin Osborne but it seems he is overwhelmed right now.

Believe it or not, the Lo Profile holster from Wilson Combat is very nice.
Kramer makes some great ones from horsehide. Take a bit to break in, but last forever.
And another vote for TT Gunleather.