• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pa plxc 1-8, vudu 1-10, razor 1-10. Looking for real world input.

Jojo417

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2023
Joplin Missouri
Hello all. Looking for a mid-higher end Lpvo for my 13.9” setup. So far I’ve narrowed it down to the Primary arms plxc 1-8, the vudo 1-10, and the razor 1-10. The razor is on the high side of what I’m willing to spend. Can you guys shed some light and real world input on these optics to help me make a decision? Thanks!

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
I have owned the razor 1-10, fantastic optic with a very usable power range and the forgiving eye relief we have come to expect from the razor line. The 1x is great, very wide field of view, and has a day light bright dot. Some ever so slight fishbowling for me at 1x, though, fair warning. Seems like you can fix some of that with the diopter, but it can be present. Not a deal breaker by any means. It's got to be less than or equal to 0.05x off of true 1x. I don't have any experience with the other optics.

I have no experience with the PLX but I had a Razor 1-10 and currently have two Vudu 1-10’s. I sold the Razor after getting the first Vudu. The Vudu is an excellent scope and a better all around optic than the Razor for less money. The reticle is actually usable at 1x unlike the Razor, and above 6x maintains the nice eye box. The Razor is very critical about placement above 6x, it will get grainy and fuzzy if you’re not perfectly centered up. The vudus also have better resolution and contrast. Vudu also has a flat image with no fish bowl unlike the Razor.

The only advantage to the Razor is if you want a retarded bright dot. It is brighter than the Vudu but the Vudu is more than bright enough. I tested both of mine on bright sunny days and the only way I could lose the illumination on the Vudu was if I was looking directly at the sun which is never going to happen in a real world situation.

Both of mine have the LE5 reticle FWIW. It’s much easier to pick up both illuminated and non illuminated than the EBR9 and the center crosshairs provide a much better aiming point for precision work.

Euro Optic has some hella deals on “like new” units. I paid $1250 and they’re NIB units.

I have the PLxC 1-8 on a 13.9, I upgraded from the Delta Stryker 1-6x24 on it. Reasons being is better glass/edge to edge clarity, larger FOV, FFP(for better at distance), a tad lighter and I like the useability of the ACSS reticle. Trade off was nuclear bright illumination on the Stryker vs daylight bright/red(depending on your definition) on the PLxC as well as the eye relief/eyebox being a bit tighter/less(SFP vs FFP).

I also have seen through quite a few other LPVOS, including the Razor 1-6, Razor 1-10, Night force NX8 1-8, Tract Toric 1-8 etc. All were options when I purchased the PLxC so that tells you my opinion. I think the PLxC hits all the right notes for an LPVO - The right price, lightweight, good reticle (subjective), excellent glass, wide FOV with the disappearing bezel effect, seemingly robust design. The only thing is if you have to have nuclear bright, this isn't it, but neither is the VUDU, the Razor 1-10 is.

For me I wanted a reticle that worked on 1x with or without illumination and the Razor 1-10 for me was hard to pick up, the PLxC does a really good job with the thick stadia that draws your eye to the horseshoe/Chevron. So that's a big question you will have to answer.

You can't go wrong with any of the three, but the PLxC for me is the most impressive lpvo I have personally had eyes on to date. I haven't seen the Vudu.

Good luck

Between those three I pick the PLXc.

Edit: my credentials are that I’ve owned the Razor and PLXc, among others.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDB55
I appreciate all the info. I’m a little disappointed as I wanted the razor 1-10 the most, I think it’s such a killer looking piece. I wish there was someone local to me that had one in stock, or one I could try. It’s hard to spend that much money without putting hands and eyes on it.

I’ve looked through the Vudu and I do like the optic. However, the fisheye at 1x was very noticeable to me and I’m not sure if I can live with that.

I think I’m going to end up with the plxc. I really wanted 10x but from everything I’m seeing the plxc seems to be the most well rounded Lpvo. And that’s what I’m after.

Thanks again!

Reactions: TheOE800 and JDB55
I appreciate all the info. I’m a little disappointed as I wanted the razor 1-10 the most, I think it’s such a killer looking piece. I wish there was someone local to me that had one in stock, or one I could try. It’s hard to spend that much money without putting hands and eyes on it.

I’ve looked through the Vudu and I do like the optic. However, the fisheye at 1x was very noticeable to me and I’m not sure if I can live with that.

I think I’m going to end up with the plxc. I really wanted 10x but from everything I’m seeing the plxc seems to be the most well rounded Lpvo. And that’s what I’m after.

Thanks again!
The compromise to get 10x isn’t worth it to me.

Thanks again!

The fish eye can be adjusted out with the diopter, you just have to adjust it to your eye. I have a flat image with the Vudu’s, I could not get a flat image with the Vortex. It was better than some but the Vudu kicks it’s ass in that regard.

Thanks again!
IMO the Vudu is a better value/scope than the Vortex for all of the reasons renneckbmxer said above. Fantastic scope for what you can find them for. No experience with the Primary Arms. From what youve listed as options definitely go Vudu.
I highly suspect that the diopter needed to be correctly adjusted on the Vudu you had fish eye problems with. Set the scope to 1x and adjust the diopter for a clear edge to edge picture.
The other feature of the Vudu I don’t hear talked about enough of the almost seemless sight picture from inside the scope to outside with both eyes open. The edge of the eye piece is so thin you can easily not see it. Very cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffLebowski
Just a quick update. I had narrowed it down to the plxc and the vudu. Today I ended up buying a vudu. There’s a few reasons I went this route.

The main reason being my local gun shop I deal with had one in stock. Spending this kind of money I absolutely wanted to put my hands on the optic. I was able to adjust out the majority of the fish eye I noticed the first time I picked it up.

The second reason was the deal I got. It was better than anything I could have purchased offline.

I hope I’m happy with the setup. It was a really hard choice, especially since there’s a brand new plxc for sale on here for $1100. I do like everything I’ve seen on the plxc but I also have a buddy who has a vudu 1-10.

I’m gonna try to head to the range tomorrow and get it zerod in.

Thanks again for all of the input!

The OP got his scope, but for kicks here’s the premium LPVO comparo video from the same guy as above.

• Love
Reactions: JS8588
im stuck on this decision for my SCAR 17 SBR too, and happen to own both the 1-10x vudu and the plxc. My opinion...

PLXc Pros
-more compact
-lighter
-scope completely dissapears
-better 1x performance
-better overall reticle

VUDU Pros
-seems like its more durable (cant confirm/nothing to back this)
-slight edge in sharpness at upper range
-very fine cross helps with precision aiming
-locking/exposed turrets

I have a couple of the newly revamped SLx 1-10x28 LPVO’s, and for a $450 optic, they are damn impressive. I saw where PA recently revamped their GLx line with better glass and more features, and I hear great things about their PLx line, although no personal experience with them yet. So I can’t comment on those, but I’ve not read anything negative, if that helps. 🤷🏼

The Razor is really hard to go wrong with, as we all know the quality and clarity they have.

I’m not a fan of the Voodoo scopes, because their feature-sets and reticles don’t really match what I’m looking for. However, that is a personal preference, and not a knock at the scopes or their quality, because EOTech builds high-quality stuff. I’ve had my old 512 Holo sight since 2009, and it’s been beat to hell and back, and still works as good as new. So I can’t knock their quality, that’s for sure.

If you want super high-end 1-10x, March has some tactical LPVO’s with 0.1 MRAD external turrets and nice MIL reticles that are also in the $2,800 range that look to be killer. Might check into those. 👍🏼

I really struggle with this decision too, it’s going on a 16” spr ish build but more like a gp but with better range and target ID than my other 4x acog/rmr real gp rifle. Both the 1-10 vudu and 1-8 plx really interest me. I plan on piggy backing an rmr with whichever I go with

If only the PLx-C was offered without the chevron. It already has ample crosshairs that draw your eye in at 1x. It doesn’t also need the chevron. And when you start getting to the 200-300 yard range and add wind, the aiming point is like 🤷‍♂️

307A6357-4C51-4C83-8422-BC3096009B2B.jpeg

Reactions: USMC-03XX
I really struggle with this decision too, it’s going on a 16” spr ish build but more like a gp but with better range and target ID than my other 4x acog/rmr real gp rifle. Both the 1-10 vudu and 1-8 plx really interest me. I plan on piggy backing an rmr with whichever I go with
I’m really digging the vudu 1-10. I’ve take a carbine class with it and ran it all within 50 yards, and I’ve also taken it out to 866yards. It’s done pretty much everything I’ve wanted and some. It’s not ideal for long range, and it’s not ideal for stuff up close and I knew this going into a Lpvo. I wanted a setup that would do almost everything with one optic and this optic does just that.

That’s good to hear. I get a modest veterans discount directly from eotech which makes the vudu 1-10 like 1300$ and change….

Update on the PLX 1-8 Compact:

I ran the River Bend Run'n'gun 10K a few weeks ago with the PLX 1-8 Griffin Mil. It was mounted to my 12.5" 5.56 AR with a Turbo K suppressor.

Stages were 3-~500 yards. A single stage had ~200, ~300, and 500 yard targets while everything else was ~150 and in.

The good:
-The scope is very easy to use and get behind up to ~6.5X.
-Mil grids are great for for UKD. See splash? Adjust and move on.

The not good:
-This is not a red dot
-The reticle is good for short range generous targets and OK for long range, but NOT intermediate ranges on low power. ~100 yard distance on, for example, a plate rack, sucks because of the large donut.
-VTAC board was difficult with the large donut. Maybe it's a me thing but it's easier to hold off a defined dot than a huge circle. Targets float in the circle without a good horizontal/vertical reference.

I found myself wanting an offset red dot many times during the match. The FFP LPVO just wasn't easy to use in certain situations.

My next step is to try a piggyback red dot. I have a lot of time with one on my NXS 2.5-10. It makes that scope much more usable for <100 yard targets.

With a 12:00 MRDS I'll probably use the PLX for 200+. Seems like a bit of a waste, but maybe it'll work out.

Update on the PLX 1-8 Compact:

I ran the River Bend Run'n'gun 10K a few weeks ago with the PLX 1-8 Griffin Mil. It was mounted to my 12.5" 5.56 AR with a Turbo K suppressor.

Stages were 3-~500 yards. A single stage had ~200, ~300, and 500 yard targets while everything else was ~150 and in.

The good:
-The scope is very easy to use and get behind up to ~6.5X.
-Mil grids are great for for UKD. See splash? Adjust and move on.

The not good:
-This is not a red dot
-The reticle is good for short range generous targets and OK for long range, but NOT intermediate ranges on low power. ~100 yard distance on, for example, a plate rack, sucks because of the large donut.
-VTAC board was difficult with the large donut. Maybe it's a me thing but it's easier to hold off a defined dot than a huge circle. Targets float in the circle without a good horizontal/vertical reference.

I found myself wanting an offset red dot many times during the match. The FFP LPVO just wasn't easy to use in certain situations.

My next step is to try a piggyback red dot. I have a lot of time with one on my NXS 2.5-10. It makes that scope much more usable for <100 yard targets.

With a 12:00 MRDS I'll probably use the PLX for 200+. Seems like a bit of a waste, but maybe it'll work out.
in hindsite would you go with the vudu 1-10x or the plxc, both with/without 12pm rmr

I only have experience with the Razor 1-10 from your list and I did not like it at all ...

You can set the optic to be good at 1X but it would be terrible at 10X (became hazy) ... or you can set it to be clear at 10X but then 1X is like a freakin' fish bowl ... what is worse is that from 2x-5x ... it has terrible distortion ... maybe my sample just sucked but I was severely disappointed in it ... I do not think it is worth the squeeze and I felt it made my shooting experience much much worse than a Razor 1-6 ...

Razor 1-10 for me was def not worth the squeeze ... not at all.

Honestly ... I'd say most of the 1-10X FFP offerings suffer quite a bit from lack of a parallax adjustment ...

Last edited:
in hindsite would you go with the vudu 1-10x or the plxc, both with/without 12pm rmr
The Eotech doesn't look like it solves any of my problems. Amd it's heavier.

I did add a piggyback red dot. That helps for most short range stuff. Last comp I left the scope at 2x and used the dot most of the time.

Reactions: WILLSMITH030382
I went with the Vudu. I bounced around from Trijicon 1-8, to the Razor to the Vudu. I like the VUDU the best so far. I am running two different reticles. I have one on a 223 with pulsar clip on thermal in front of it. Then I have one on a SBR 6.5 grendel. The thing that separates the VUDU from the rest of them for me is, the fact that the dot stays 1moa throughout the power ratings. This was huge for me while running the thermals. I have yet to find a day when the lighted reticle was not pretty damn visible.

Reactions: Jojo417
I was considering the Vudu 1-10 but after watching some scope cam videos one thing I noticed was that at 1x unless it was a darker day where the illum was brighter, it seemed like the center dot wasn't contrasting enough when moving and shooting.

Looking to just go for the NX8 with a piggy backed dot now. Lighter, stupid bright, decent reticule, short, etc.