• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PAC-nor current lead times... faster ,slower or just about right?

Dave__th3__ss

Ammo prep guy
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
My reloading room
So I just ordered my 338 barrel from PAC-Nor.
They said lead time is 16-20 weeks. I’m incredibly impatient. But good things come to those who wait...

I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with their lead times. Are they shipping fast than they say?

So I’ve read. I know they had a fit or something like that and stuff halted for a while. But I’m hoping the finish the barrel sooner. So I can shoot this summer.
With current lead times I’ll have the barrel at lastest 2nd week of July.
Then another 5-8 weeks for Shawn carlock to put my edge together.

I don’t shoot in the winter snow sucks

I know that all the barrel makers seem to be backed up. I am interested to hear reviews on Pac Nor after rebuilding from the fire. I'm sure I don't want one pointed at me.

I know that all the barrel makers seem to be backed up. I am interested to hear reviews on Pac Nor after rebuilding from the fire. I'm sure I don't want one pointed at me.
My barrel on my tikka is from rock creek and they aren’t even taking orders. I called about 10 barrel makers and all are pretty backed up.
I think the least wait was 10-12 weeks and the longest for over 20 weeks

after I get every thing put together I’ll definitely give a review. so far I’ll say this about them
GREAT pricing and the customer service was awesome.

Rock creek picked up a huge DOD contract. Likely taking their barrels off the shelf till 2022. Really unfortunate, as I just spun up a couple of their carbon wrapped barrels, and they shoot phenomenally. I want a few more, but I'll be waiting a long time.
I was wondering why they shut down sales. But that makes sense. You know what barrels they are making for the military?

Negative. I wonder if seekins is going to get barrels, as rock makes all the tubes for the Havak line as well. Not good.......this industry is so plugged up right now. Hit up pederson Precision and get a carbon wrapped mullerworks, they shoot excellent as well.
Pederson is who did the barrel in my tikka. Great guy to work with answered all my dumb ass questions. I already have my order in with pac nor. Placed it on 02/19
just hoping that their estimated lead times aren’t what they say. I considered carbon but didn’t want to drop all that coin on a barrel. I even looked at bughole. But they didn’t have what o was looking for.

Reactions: khuber84
I'm surprised they're back already!

The Pac-Nor Barreling production center in Oregon burned to the ground yesterday morning, October 23rd,2019. The 7000-square-foot barrel-making facility located near Brookings, Oregon, was destroyed in a massive fire that apparently started with an electrical fault. There were nine workers in the facility at the time the fire broke out. All exited the building safely.

Millions of dollars of production machinery and barrels were lost in the fire. The Pac-Nor facility is insured, but Pac-Nor owner Chris Dichter said he was not sure if the plant would be re-built: “Thirty-five years of my life went up in this fire. I am 66 years-old and I don’t know if I have the time left. It took my lifetime to find all the machinery in this plant.”

i-gq7rPCP-L.jpg