• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Pacific Rim Trailer

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    Daikaiju!
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vKz7WnU83E"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vKz7WnU83E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

It has been a busy week for sci-fi films

Re: Pacific Rim Trailer

Cut them some slack - it's been 40-50 years
    wink.gif

Transformers meet Cosmic Godzilla's .

No need to see it on the big screen I think I got it all figured-out from the Preview .
    Looks like the usual Invading force of giant monsters that move threw a dimensional porthole and entering thew the Pacific Ocean . And 'No Doubt' Hell Bent on the conquest of Earth & all it's inhabitants . The inhabitants of Earth faced with destruction from this subterranean, dimensional porthole, invading alien hoard . The humans are then forced to build giant mechanical robots to symbiotic control and do battle for there survival over the giant monsters . All this wrapped in an hour of computer graphics blue-screen battles, fights, explosions & 'no doubt' mixed-in with this, a small human love story between a man & woman .
    I wonder who wins ? . Does it get more Awesome than that ?

This may have cost a lot of money,
    This may have taken a lot of talent,
    This may have created a lot of jobs,
    This may have pushed some technological envelopes,,,,,

Taking all the above into consideration, This may not appeal to everyone. Such is freedom of choice.

i think the trailer is really great but i have a feeling that the movie is going to be a let down.

I'm amazed Disney is putting "Lone Ranger" up against this one.

Really reminds me of Big O i used to watch as a kid, and i think it's going to be awesome. It has a decent cast honestly. Idris Elba, Charlie Day, and Ron Perlman. I don't know how i feel about The Lone Ranger. Seems like they're trying to run off of Depps success from POTC. Idk though could be good?

Ratings so far are good. Del Toro is a good director, it should be alright. I'll be seeing it i'm stoked so i'll be sure to let everyone know.

I thought this was pretty amazing creating a four story set piece for the cockpit of the head of the "Jager" and having it actually react to the actors movements. That's very awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsFMTjgsCM

Last edited:
    Pacific Rim Review | Geekenstein

Life Changing eh? Fuel the hype machine! Though i hope he's right :D
    Here are all the mechs in the movie. I think Cherno Alpha is my favorite just hope he gets more than five minutes of screen time. From the trailers it appears he gets taken down.

969353_511456978920604_2105185168_n.jpg

21154_511201738946128_1570318487_n.jpg

390927_515193575213611_1699492793_n.jpg

923144_514791568587145_1814978145_n.jpg

9911_514467641952871_331789767_n.jpg

It's getting good reviews so far i'm impressed. Can't wait for this movie.

It is quite telling that in one week, my two sons went with me to screenings of "Man Of Steel," "Pacific Rim," "Despicable Me 2" and "Monsters University," and the only thing that they've talked about since was "Pacific Rim." They took the big behind-the-scenes book that was sent to me and they won't give it back. Toshi reads the details to Allen as they flip the pages, and they both know the world inside out already. It's a real world to them. It is part of their shared vocabulary now, and they seem eager to see the movie again as soon as I get back from London and New York this week. I know what it looks like when someone lays eyes on a movie that rewires them. I've seen that look in the mirror after screenings of films like "The Exorcist" and "2001" and "Lawrence Of Arabia." My boys are hooked on "Pacific Rim," and I can't blame them at all.
    Read more at Review: Guillermo Del Toros Pacific Rim is an eccentric and emotional thrill

Pacific Rim - Rotten Tomatoes

Undoubtedly this wont be for everyone, but i'm surprised at the good reviews it's gotten.

Did anyone catch that the automated female computer voice in the trailer is the same/similar voice from the video game Portal?

Lol yeah Glados i think it fits very well honestly. Jahn's trailer review mentioned something about it that had me laughing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOP3MCYydZI

Last edited:
    Just got back from seeing it. If you grew up in the 80's and don't see or love this.....you have no soul!

Saw it this afternoon and I was really surprised! Very entertaining flick with tons of action. Wish there would have been a huge mega battle with groups of jaegers vs groups of kaijus.

I thought the scientist dude from Horrible bosses was a good character.

I rate it a must see excellent summer action flick.

Saw it this afternoon and I was really surprised! Very entertaining flick with tons of action. Wish there would have been a huge mega battle with groups of jaegers vs groups of kaijus.

I thought the scientist dude from Horrible bosses was a good character.

I rate it a must see excellent summer action flick.

You and me both. We have to see two of the coolest mechs get absolutely raped: Crimson Typhoon and Cherno Alpha. I mean it's fine that they go down but damn they barely got five minutes of action. Then Striker Eureka comes in and it's awesome, then he gets disabled and the rest of the movie is basically all Gypsy Danger. Don't get me wrong i like Gypsy Danger and understand our main characters need screen time, but dang man all those mechs and we focus on one? Then Coyote Tango is shown for literally all of three seconds :( and Idris Elba gets out of it?!?

Still i think i'm going to see it again because it was epic. It's the only movie i've ever seen where i could honesty say the action did justify the lack of story and dialogue intensive elements. Idris Elba is just a badass.

Last edited:
    You and me both. We have to see two of the coolest mechs get absolutely raped: Crimson Typhoon and Cherno Alpha. I mean it's fine that they go down but damn they barely got five minutes of action. Then Striker Eureka comes in and it's awesome, then he gets disabled and the rest of the movie is basically all Gypsy Danger. Don't get me wrong i like Gypsy Danger and understand our main characters need screen time, but dang man all those mechs and we focus on one? Then Coyote Tango is shown for literally all of three seconds :( and Idris Elba gets out of it?!?

Still i think i'm going to see it again because it was epic. It's the only movie i've ever seen where i could honesty say the action did justify the lack of story and dialogue intensive elements. Idris Elba is just a badass.

Well hell, did you leave anything out? I had planned on going to see it but it sounds like you pretty much covered everything. Ever hear about a thing called a spoiler alert? :rolleyes:

Couldn't find the spoiler tags but all i covered was what was in the trailer and a particular 3 second clip...? I was exaggerating about it being all about Gypsy Danger. I apologize otherwise. Still go see it. I mean we all knew Cherno and Crimson were going down. Or i thought that everyone knew that. Tried to edit but spoiler tags don't work.

Last edited:
    Just got back from seeing it. If you grew up in the 80's and don't see or love this.....you have no soul!

Well, my wife and I have no soul!

Saw it in 3D (due to movie times and baby sitter times). I'll say it was a decent movie, especially if you are between 8 and 15. Character development was "per the book" clique. I couldn't tell you a single person's name at the end of the movie. I thought the one guy's name was Marshall, but I was mistaken. The visuals were pretty good and I think they were going for an effect. However, the monsters were never "in focus" that well and the water made the monsters seem "see through". I pity the future where it rains ALL of the time, unless you detonate a few nukes.

For the money that we spent, I would have rather seen Man of Steel again. Good for a rental, good for the big screen, but not a "must see" IMO.

I'm not a fan of 3D so i couldn't comment on that but seeing it twice now and watching it in 2D i had none of the problems you listed above. That said i've seen spotty reviews for 3D. Personally i liked man of steel but the fights were drawn out and rather boring to me. Just felt like nothing new. Kind of an avengers feel. Kevin Costner was my favorite character in it. As for Pacific Rim it just hits that childhood nostalgia for me. And i love the concept. Plus Idris Elba is just a badass. When he suits up i had the biggest grin on my face. Hope he stars in a prequel.

Well, my wife and I have no soul!

Ditto the no soul part . . . though my wife is safe. Expected to be entertained but I was mostly irritated by relentless (but perhaps unconscious) references to a bunch of other movies. Top Gun, The Matrix, you name it . . . Guillermo Del Toro has officially seen and been influenced by too many action flicks.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

And what the hell? The two coolest jagers are dead within three minutes of going into action and all we're left with are the ones that look like guys with motor-cycle helmets on? Cheap and lame.

going to see it tomorrow after my 10 year old daughter floored me stating she wanted to go see it after watching the preview on TV. there is hope for her.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

And what the hell? The two coolest jagers are dead within three minutes of going into action and all we're left with are the ones that look like guys with motor-cycle helmets on? Cheap and lame.

**Spoiler**

Agreed that was a big big complaint of mine. I understood they were taken down to show how dangerous the Kaiju were but they should've at least let them fight for a bit. As i said it was centered on Gipsy mainly.

Took my 8 & 10 year old to see it on Saturday and watched it on the "BIG D" theater in Columbus. Wow! What a movie! Great visual action scenes, good humor injected in the right places, funny characters & just a blast to watch. I can't believe it's not the blockbuster film of the summer.......great, fun, action film!

Here's a short bit about the visual effects work from ILM; nevermind that about a dozen other facilities worked on the film too ;)

Last edited:
    Ha! I saw that at the Sand Hill theater when it came out ;)

Played hooky from work yesterday. Cough. And decided on a whim to see this.

Godzilla(s) vs. Megalon on steroids. Well worth the matinee price of admission.

I do not think this will translate well to wide screen hdtv or IPad.

Go BIG or go stay home. Story and graphics are solid with a little bit of Japanese cheese thrown in.

Just saw it last weekend on IMAX 3D.

Great flick. Did anyone notice how Angry Wife Beater from The Unit was the Australian veteran pilot?

Agree that Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon got totally screwed over, both by the monsters and by the screen time. Everytime I saw Cherno, I just thought of Dolph Lundgren's long lost siblings yelling "Go Fist Yourself!". Double Fist, like Gigantor. And Asians playing basketball? No, not stereotypical at all!

The design of Cherno had me smiling, it just screams Russian: crude, robust, somewhat ugly, but it still gets the job done...well in the past it got the job done.