• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PacNor barrel quality?

yej0001

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Northern CA
Anyone has first hand experience with them? From what I read, they make good barrels, but I have not seen it mentioned on SH. Appreciated your opinion

Re: PacNor barrel quality?

I have one rifle with a PacNor supermatch barrel. It shoots OK.

Have more Obermeyer, Krieger, Bartlein, and Brux than anything else.

They can be very accurate. I have two 308 barrel form Pac-nor. One, a 3 grove 12 twist on my 308 and another Polygonal on my 300 Win Mag. Both shoot really well.

Years back when I played the 1000 yard bench rest game I had one that preformed as well as other top rated manufacturer's barrels that I had used. Their barrels were considered as top tier 15 years ago.

Pac-Nor makes good barrels. They make a shit load of barrels too so I must not be the only one who likes them!

Not only do they make good barrels the CS is great. Unfortunately I had a bummer of a barrel that got three quality control. They had a bad lot of steel come through.

When I called and asked why I was having trouble with copper fouling they had me bring it in. One look with a borsecope they said " this should never of left the shop". they had me a new one within a week!

The next one shoot lights out! No copper issues.

I've had 4 of their SS Super Match barrels (2 in 260, 1 in 284 and 1 in 338 RUM) and all of them have been absolutely top notch.

I've had a couple and they shot well. Their CS was very good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yej0001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for input. Consensus is clear- top quality

</div></div>

Yup! Here's a 10 shot group @ 100 meters with my Gruning 308 shooting the 178 grain Hornady A-Max

DSC02312.jpg

DSC02311.jpg