• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft painting hogue?

Sackett

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2011
Utah
Has anyone painted their SPS Tactical? seems like all the ones i have seen have been aftermarket stocks. I figure the hogue is cheap enough if I screw up its a good excuse to get an aftermarket stock. To me it seems like the paint wouldn't stick to the hogue as well...So thats why I am asking.

YES I searched. Didn't really find anything I liked, I am looking for an Urban style digital camo. Dark colors, mostly different shades of dark grey (almost want to say dark dark blue too).

If you have pics please post them. Even if it is not the Hogue. Still want good ideas on urban (ish) camo.

Thanks
Dave

Re: painting hogue?

something pretty similar to this one...

DSC_1537-1.jpg

VAjay That is great, just fantastic. I can just see a grown man cutting out peni shapes to spray paint on his gun. Im going to make one but the base will be all white and the diks will be huge and black.

I have painted one with krylon, It worked pretty well but rubbed off in some areas. I've searched and found this on here before. For painting rubber there is some sort of base you want to spray on first but I forgot what its called, bulldog something maybe?

When your non-owning rifle friends want to go shooting with you that's the one you pull out and let them play with...Hilarious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is pretty URBAN

custom1.jpg
</div></div>

What... the.... fuck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is pretty URBAN

custom1.jpg
</div></div>

not surprised this is coming from you...your name is vajayjay, you like 2 girls 1 cup. and you like cum shots in the mouth...i mean explosions. just like the guy in the middle of the rifle. ha ha dont take offense im just joking.

thank you to the people that gave useful information. still deciding on how i would want to paint the stock. but at least now i know people HAVE painted the stock

HA HA HA none takin, in all seriousness, pick ya up a pack of vinyl sheets from hobby lobby(basically decal sheets), I use the cricut brand. Then you cut out whatever patterns your heart desires and paint in layers, its fun and will turn out great, here is one I did mimicking the GAP Desert pattern

howastock2.jpg

I have painted a handful of Hogue rubber molded stocks, and achieved the best results using an adhesive promoter called Bulldog. After you clean and prep the stock (plastic prep works well) you give the stock a few light coats of bulldog and then paint, the paint will stick and it will hold up well. This process works equally as well on the AI chassis skins. The key to any good paint gob is the prep work, and all the materials mentioned can be picked up at a auto body supply store.

6bbe3697.jpg

6072dca6.jpg

6eb3e844.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have painted a handful of Hogue rubber molded stocks, and achieved the best results using an adhesive promoter called Bulldog. After you clean and prep the stock (plastic prep works well) you give the stock a few light coats of bulldog and then paint, the paint will stick and it will hold up well. This process works equally as well on the AI chassis skins. The key to any good paint gob is the prep work, and all the materials mentioned can be picked up at a auto body supply store.

6bbe3697.jpg

6072dca6.jpg

6eb3e844.jpg

</div></div>

excellent. thank you very much!

Capt K that hogue stock looks nice. I have been looking for a nice painted hogue like the one in the picture. Just making me want to paint mine. If I mess up just might buy a B&C

Great info, been wanting to paint mine for a while, thanks for letting us know about the primer and prep. T

I just painted my hogue stock with krylon flats. It turned out fine rubbed off a few places but what paint doesn't?